TTC Service Changes

Mike

Is it possible on the T1's to stop the doors on the first and last car from opening? Why not block the first and last car from passengers? Or use those red tarps to prevent people from getting on?

Same with GO transit. Why not prevent people from boarding can cars?

8 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

There was some runs on the 939C in PM peak yesterday (Mar 26). They operated local on the entire run. The Malvern artics were mostly reallocated to 39/939 instead of 85.

-----

Service summary posted: http://ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service Summary_2020-03-29.pdf

If they are more useful on Finch East, why put them on Sheppard East in the first place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the 905 and 986 services have returned albeit operating local stops, per @leylandvictory2, most of the Express Network services (900/140) will remain suspended for the time being next board.

The 116B MORNINGSIDE (Kingston/Eglinton, formerly the 34 EGLINTON EAST branch) is also given the temporary axe. No surprise if the 86B is canned next.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Express Network said:

Notably, the 116B MORNINGSIDE (formerly the 34 to Kingston) was temporarily given the axe. Once the pandemic eases off, perhaps it should permanent?

It was only a peak hour supplemental service, so if the ridership won't warrant it, I don't see it returning. I'm surprised that 12D survived the axe.

Forgot to add before, that 116B used to be suspended at end of June, resuming when schools reopen in September.

• 5 weeks later...

Service changes June 21, 2020:

503 will return to streetcars on June 22 until fall 2020 as the 506 is bustituted due to various construction projects taking place along its route over the summer; the 22B will return and will operate when the 503 is operating

Streetcar loop at Bathurst station will be closed for rebuild and the 7/511 will divert to Spadina station

501 (Neville Park - Long Branch) branch will run during all periods of the day

505 will be run fully by pantographs

92 will see an increase in service as more riders are anticipated to use the route to get to Ashbridges Bay Park

The 121D and 175 seasonal services will operate

86 will have an early evening shuttle between the Zoo and Meadowvale/Sheppard Loop

Several routes will have extra service, see the link below for details

https://stevemunro.ca/2020/06/08/ttc-service-changes-effective-sunday-june-21-2020/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shemar said:

The 506 bustitution service is being operated with buses from Birchmount, Eglinton, and Queensway.

And no new NextBus data since midnight (Especially the 175 hasn’t shown up). Since the pandemic began, the TTC has not updated every single service summary up to March board.

During the last board, I noticed there are a number of 86B and 116B branches tracking despite the latter not showing up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Hey guys, guess what I found:

https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service Summary_2020-06-21.pdf

The service summary for the June board. It goes until September.

Ah - interesting to see the Covid changes.

And surprising they are running the 306 buses every 20 minutes overnight. I guess there must be overnight bus storage constraints as well! :)

10 hours ago, nfitz said:

Ah - interesting to see the Covid changes.

And surprising they are running the 306 buses every 20 minutes overnight. I guess there must be overnight bus storage constraints as well! :)

Or is it just TTC's policy to replace one streetcar with 1.X buses? That's why some people out on Lake Shore wish for permanent bustitution: instead of a streetcar every ten minutes (or so--very much or so) it's a bus every five or six minutes or so.

• 3 weeks later...

September Board
https://stevemunro.ca/2020/08/21/ttc-service-changes-effective-september-6-2020/

Quick notes:

- 38 shifted to Bay 10, a bay occupied by the 16 and Wheel-Trans

- 41 to terminate SB to High Park loop.

- 61 improves service spacing.

- 71/77 interline ends

- 101 to operate continuously via Carl Hill Road.

- 102/902 and 134/913 to operate in the new Centennial College Progress loop.

- 505 cut short to College/Lansdowne

- 506 diverted WB via Lansdowne, Bloor to Dundas West Stn.

- 511 diverted via Dundas, Spadina and Queen for three weeks in late Sept.

- 512 cars enter and leave service from Leslie Barns via Queen, Broadview, Dundas and Bathurst.

- Eglinton West Stn. construction to continue for five more weeks to to the pandemic related delays.

- 176, 508 and all express services sans 900, 913 and 927 remain suspended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Express Network said:

A memo from @leylandvictory2:

A number of Express Network services will be relaunched in the October board. That will be the 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS and 986 SCARBOROUGH EXPRESS. Others are uncertain.

For now, no 140s or some 900s for the time being.

The 905 and 986 are probably to take advantage of the RapidTO bus-only lanes being installed on Eglinton East. I would imagine the 935 could also return sooner if Jane Street is also a priority for installation of bus-only lanes.

On a side note, does Toronto have to brand every little project as "somethingTO" now? It was cute when they first started, now it's just overboard and has lost some of its meaning. Especially in this case, most people's first instinct of hearing "RapidTO" would not be a handful of bus-only lanes on existing roads.

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

The 905 and 986 are probably to take advantage of the RapidTO bus-only lanes being installed on Eglinton East. I would imagine the 935 could also return sooner if Jane Street is also a priority for installation of bus-only lanes.

On a side note, does Toronto have to brand every little project as "somethingTO" now? It was cute when they first started, now it's just overboard and has lost some of its meaning. Especially in this case, most people's first instinct of hearing "RapidTO" would not be a handful of bus-only lanes on existing roads.

I'm really question the speed gain express buses would get following local buses in a single bus lane. Either the express stops would have to be further apart so express buses jump in and out the lane to bypass local buses.

I really don't know about the 935. The way the survey has put it, I wouldn't be surprised if the 935 is eliminated in favour of more frequent local service. The proposed stops are further apart than the current local service. There's no point if Jane is converted to a single car lane each way, it'll be a massive traffic jam with express buses behind local.

38 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I'm really question the speed gain express buses would get following local buses in a single bus lane. Either the express stops would have to be further apart so express buses jump in and out the lane to bypass local buses.

I really don't know about the 935. The way the survey has put it, I wouldn't be surprised if the 935 is eliminated in favour of more frequent local service. The proposed stops are further apart than the current local service. There's no point if Jane is converted to a single car lane each way, it'll be a massive traffic jam with express buses behind local.

Obviously yes. The Jane and Eglinton East priority lanes seem to mimic the now-extinct Transit City LRT lines which was then introduced by David Miller in 2007 and canned by Rob Ford in 2010. It’s not possible to have the Don Mills priority lane set up in the future after the Crosstown opens. Ridership on the 25/925 is the modest at the moment.

At least there won’t be any buses blocking any live lanes on Eglinton or Jane.

2 hours ago, Express Network said:

In a follow up, Mount Dennis and Malvern now have the possession of the 506.

I believe Birchmount is also out there as well

On 8/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, Express Network said:

- 512 cars enter and leave service from Leslie Barns via Queen, Broadview, Dundas and Bathurst.

This has been in place since the beginning of the August board period