TTC Service Changes

Mike

Eglinton West station riders are going to have a 5 month headache when the bus terminal temporary closes. Changes are happening during that time including a temporary new bus route.

http://thecrosstown.ca/news-media/whats-new/eglinton-west-station-bus-loop-closure-late-march-2020-to-late-summer-2020

63A Ossington will terminate at Ossington station. I'm assuming 63B will continue to St Clair as usual.

109 Ranee will terminal at Lawrence West station.

A new 163 Oakwood route will service north of Ossington station to Lawrence West station along Marlee.

32D Eglinton West extended to Eglinton station. To make room, 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside will loop differently to use the south most bus bays.

Edited by Xtrazsteve
Project page edited. All 63 buses would operated on 63B to St Clair.

47 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

63A Ossington will terminate at Ossington station. I'm assuming 63B will continue to St Clair as usual.

A new 163 Oakwood route will service north of Ossington station to Lawrence West station along Marlee.

Question for those familiar with ridership pattern on 63. Do most riders south of Bloor get off at Bloor and riders off the subway are the ones on the 63 north of Bloor? 

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Eglinton West station riders are going to have a 5 month headache when the bus terminal temporary closes. Changes are happening during that time including a temporary new bus route.

http://thecrosstown.ca/news-media/whats-new/eglinton-west-station-bus-loop-closure-late-march-2020-to-late-summer-2020

109 Ranee will terminal at Lawrence West station.

32D Eglinton West extended to Eglinton station. To make room, 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside will loop differently to use the south most bus bays.

Lucky to see the 163 number revived for the new 163 OAKWOOD bus. I wonder if this should be permanent beyond 2020.

As for the 63, will there be some divisional assignments like 63 OSSINGTON at Mt. Dennis and the 163 OAKWOOD at Wilson?

2 hours ago, Express Network said:

Lucky to see the 163 number revived for the new 163 OAKWOOD bus. I wonder if this should be permanent beyond 2020.

As for the 63, will there be some divisional assignments like 63 OSSINGTON at Mt. Dennis and the 163 OAKWOOD at Wilson?

Probably not. People on Marlee wants to get to the subway and people on Oakwood aren't going to Marlee.

163 could still survive after opening, going from Ossington to Eglinton West (or Oakwood) stations - with the 109 returned to it's old route.

Though surely most of those on Marlee area going to be faster to just walk to one of the 3 nearby Line 1 stations.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Question for those familiar with ridership pattern on 63. Do most riders south of Bloor get off at Bloor and riders off the subway are the ones on the 63 north of Bloor? 

Somewhat, there's a good turnover at the station, but there is a good amount who still stay on. It's quite a bit busier south of the station though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shambala said:

Today I heard as of the March 29 board period Keele Stn. will be closed for elevator const. Anyone know the detour routings for the buses that serve this station? 41, 80 and 89.

Check out the TTC's project page for the Keele Station - Easier Access project for more details. The relevant section is below:

The bus loop will be closed for approximately 6 months in 2020 (TBD) in order to upgrade/repave the bus roadway, bus platforms and to complete some preliminary underground work. During this time, TTC riders will board buses on-street or at a High Park station. A detailed transit service plan will be provided closer to the time of the closure with updated signage in place.

This suggests that High Park Station will be used as the turn-around loop (much like 79 Scarlett Rd buses were doing until this weekend), and buses will likely follow the routing of the 189 Stockyards bus and do pick-up/drop-offs outside Keele Station.

34 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Check out the TTC's project page for the Keele Station - Easier Access project for more details. The relevant section is below:

This suggests that High Park Station will be used as the turn-around loop (much like 79 Scarlett Rd buses were doing until this weekend), and buses will likely follow the routing of the 189 Stockyards bus and do pick-up/drop-offs outside Keele Station.

The 79 didn't enter the bus loop but instead dropped people on street and continue west on Bloor to Runnymede. I think the 41/89 would terminate in the bus loop like the 506 substitution did.  

23 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The 79 didn't enter the bus loop but instead dropped people on street and continue west on Bloor to Runnymede. I think the 41/89 would terminate in the bus loop like the 506 substitution did.  

I sat outside High Park Station for about 40 minutes one Sunday afternoon; all three 79 buses dropped off outside the station, then turned into the bus loop to lay over. Whether they do that at all times of day would depend on whether they were running late or had enough time to lay over, or if the operator needed to use the washroom.

• 2 weeks later...

https://stevemunro.ca/2020/03/05/ttc-service-changes-sunday-march-29-2020/

Major changes inculde 

-Keele Bus Loop closing ; 41/941 extended and looping via Parkside,  Howard Park, Roncesvalles, and Bloor 

-89/989 extended to High Park Station 

-80 and 30 interlined as one route 

-505 returning to streetcars based out of Lesile 

-511 returning to shuttle buses for the rest of the year 

-63, 163 changes take effect along with the closure of Eglinton West Station bus loop

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

https://stevemunro.ca/2020/03/05/ttc-service-changes-sunday-march-29-2020/

Major changes inculde 

-Keele Bus Loop closing ; 41/941 extended and looping via Parkside,  Howard Park, Roncesvalles, and Bloor 

-89/989 extended to High Park Station 

-80 and 30 interlined as one route 

-505 returning to streetcars based out of Lesile 

-511 returning to shuttle buses for the rest of the year 

-63, 163 changes take effect along with the closure of Eglinton West Station bus loop

The question is which division is doing the 511 buses and 505 trippers?

On 3/1/2020 at 5:20 AM, leylandvictory2 said:

negative

Not quite. I heard from a buddy of mine on the IG group chat who’s neighbor signed up for next board and no mention of the 86/986 and 116/905 at Malvern’s sign up sheet. But I’m confident the two routes will move there in the May board or later.

But there’s one big problem: Malvern has to move a number of routes to other divisions to free up for the 86 and 116.

4 hours ago, Express Network said:

I heard from a buddy of mine on the IG group chat who’s neighbor signed up for next board and no mention of the 86/986 and 116/905 at Malvern’s sign up sheet. But I’m confident the two routes will move there in the May board or later.

But there’s one big problem: Malvern has to move a number of routes to other divisions to free up for the 86 and 116.

Combined, the 86/116/905/986 use 59 buses in the AM peak. Even if it was a weird play to get the artics on there, to take the entire Steeles East and Sheppard East routes would require 71 buses. If what you are saying is true, that would also require Malvern to take some north/south routes from Eglinton, just to balance out the buses between the two. I just don't see this happening.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:30 PM, CLRV4094 said:

Regarding the 109 RANEE, they still have the 109 "Flemington" and 109A "Varna" branches, which was the pre-August 1978 routing, but I do not know if they still have them on the destination signs. The Flemington branch should go with the 109D designation.

23 hours ago, meltingtomato said:

Combined, the 86/116/905/986 use 59 buses in the AM peak. Even if it was a weird play to get the artics on there, to take the entire Steeles East and Sheppard East routes would require 71 buses. If what you are saying is true, that would also require Malvern to take some north/south routes from Eglinton, just to balance out the buses between the two. I just don't see this happening.

They can require to divest the 21, 53/953 (which uses 41 buses) and 129 to other divisions until McNicoll opens.

2 hours ago, Express Network said:

Regarding the 109 RANEE, they still have the 109 "Flemington" and 109A "Varna" branches, which was the pre-August 1978 routing, but I do not know if they still have them on the destination signs. The Flemington branch should go with the 109D designation.

AFAIK they don't have those signs. They also shouldn't make you happy while confusing 99% of the regular riders with new signs for temporary changes. Even being shorting to Lawrence West, they should keep the 109B/C both directions to avoid confusion. 

• Like 2

Was at Keele Station a few days ago and both sides have only haft a platform. Elevator shaft are being built onto the existing platform. The eastbound platform has steel mostly in place and by the looks of things and a new door will be built to gain access to 89 old bay that is now where 80 used to be. That new door will be the only way to access the platform as the elevator block access from the current door.

They have added bump out extension for the 2 platforms on the north side.

When buses layover on the east side on both side, the 41 artic's have an issue lining up with the platform.

Walking transfer will be in effect for those 6 months.

Not surprise if a route or more is operating out of Malvern in April or May based on my last visit last month, let alone in Dec as most of it was done, excepted inside and the employee parking lot across the street. How much work inside to be done unknown since the doors were close and a full crew on site for a Saturday.

All Line 2 trains I saw today had the guard back in the old position. My first train had the guard in the 2nd to last car. Talking to a few of the guards, they said the move was to allow them to have very limit contact to the public and prefer the old position over being at the rear.

Sunday and today saw a drop in ridership on Line 1, 2 & 4 as well Route 29, 501 and 504.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, drum118 said:

All Line 2 trains I saw today had the guard back in the old position. My first train had the guard in the 2nd to last car. Talking to a few of the guards, they said the move was to allow them to have very limit contact to the public and prefer the old position over being at the rear.

Sunday and today saw a drop in ridership on Line 1, 2 & 4 as well Route 29, 501 and 504.

My train this morning had a guard at the end of the train, but the one going the opposite direction was in car 5. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, drum118 said:

That's a good idea. I remember when the rear guarding position was implemented I could hear a lot of them grumbling about it at Coxwell during the changeovers.

What was good about the rear guarding position is quicker turnarounds at Kipling/Kennedy if needed, as well as quicker turnbacks during an emergency.

With the normal new board starting this Sunday, TTC has altered a number of routes due to the COVID-19 situation.

All Express Network routes (140s and 900s) are cancelled save for the 900 AIRPORT EXPRESS, 903 KENNEDY-SCARBOROUGH EXPRESS and 927 HIGHWAY 27 EXPRESS with some exceptions:

• 905 EGLINTON EAST EXPRESS - Customers can utilize 86 Scarborough or 116 Morningside service. Customers travelling to U of T Scarborough should utilize 116A Morningside service to Military Trail/Ellesmere Road.
  • 913 PROGRESS EXPRESS - All service operates as the 134C
  • 939 FINCH EXPRESS - Additional 36B Finch West service will operate when required from Finch West Station to Finch Station. Customers travelling to Scarborough Centre Station can transfer to 129 McCowan North service at Finch Avenue East and McCowan Road
  • 985 SHEPPARD EAST EXPRESS - Customers travelling between Don Mills Station and Scarborough Centre Station can transfer between 85 Sheppard East and 129 McCowan North services at Sheppard Avenue East and McCowan Road (985A only)

503 KINGSTON RD is shortened to operate between Bingham Loop and Queen/Kingston only. The 508 LAKE SHORE streetcar is suspended as well.

Cash, tokens and paper transfers are not accepted for now although it's likely the TTC is free for non-Presto users despite having to pay the fare like at a station or on a streetcar.