TTC Service Changes

Mike

On 12/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, dayone said:

Do you think TTC will change the 985's frequency to every 15 min. at most? I agree, 20 min. is ridiculous for an express.

Unless TTC gets more money (depending on the board and city council), this arrangement will stay since artics use more fuel. They have to cut back to save.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:48 PM, MK78 said:

So the 86E to 986 conversion is posted, and is completely identical to 86E in operation, with no changes to the standard or express branches... Some were predicting this would have to be adjusted by the brains at the TTC, hence why it wasnt done when the 905 Scarborough East Express was renamed from the 198 UofT rocket, which uses the same Kennedy Station platform.

Now it appears it's not the case, and yet I wonder why it wasn't done at the same time when they changed all the stickers on the bus stops.

They have to separate all the 86 and 986 runs and crews in their scheduling. They are busy and couldn't handle redoing all of them at once. In terms of TTC's efficiency, who knows.

5 hours ago, BYD said:

Also on its mind is the 986 has never implemented stops on Brimley, McCowan and Kingston just like the 905 does. I'd rather see it operating bi-direction (in the morning - 986 EB/86C WB and in the afternoon 86C EB/986 WB).

I don't know if that makes sense, it would overlap the service pretty much entirely over two express routes, and it would slow down the 86E/986 a lot.

I think you meant afternoon rush 86C WB/986EB. But yeah, I do agree that would make sense as most of the 86E buses going eastbound in the morning are near empty.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Hmm, seems the TTC forgot to update the site with the January 6, 2019 service changes, or could they be delayed?

http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/index.jsp

If you look at what you linked, on the left-side above the 6-Bay and below the "Stop Changes" is a link about the January service changes - http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/Service_Improvements_changes.jsp

Not sure why they have put it in so low profile though - though it was there last week, and is also featured on the front page:

image.thumb.png.cbef971f609b0f41ee2ecf945476a190.png

9 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Nextbus has yet to be updated with the 945, 953, 984B (doesn't really matter for tracking) and 986. All the changes and regular instead of winter break schedules will be wrong if they don't do so overnight.

Yep, but at least the bus destinations signs seem to be updated for the 986, I've seen a bunch this morning.

It looks like NextBus was updated with the changes. I look forward not seeing the former 86E buses not displayed on the standard 86A/D branch that I take (in TTC Watch app), since 986 is now separated.

I wont have to click on each bus to see which is the local branch and which is express.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson will no longer have artics in its fleet since Mount Dennis took most of them for the 29 DUFFERIN. 7 BATHURST will switch back to 40' buses along with increased running times with the construction at Forest Hill Stn.
https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/20190217servicechanges_v2.pdf

9 hours ago, BYD said:

Wilson will no longer have artics in its fleet since Mount Dennis took most of them for the 29 DUFFERIN. 7 BATHURST will switch back to 40' buses along with increased running times with the construction at Forest Hill Stn.
https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/20190217servicechanges_v2.pdf

Wilson is only losing their artics next board because those artics are going to start rebuild soon.

• 1 month later...

Service Changes for April-May 2019:

• Extension of the DUFFERIN local (29) and express (929) to Princes' Gates loop due to construction at the Roncesvalles Carhouse.
  • Jane station roadway reconstruction: New schedules are released though Jane station will remain operational until construction begins in mid-May. 26 DUPONT and 55 WARREN PARK are extended to Old Mill Stn. while the JANE local (35) and express (935) will offload at westernmost bus bay and loading will take place at a northbound bus stop on Jane Street near the entrance. Service on the 335 JANE NIGHT remains unaffected.
  • YORK MILLS may get a massive overhaul. 95B midday service to UTSC are heavily replaced by the new 995 Express and 95C "Ellesmere Stn" services.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

What is the relationship between Roncesvalles and the 29/929 buses?

The reconstruction of King-Queen-Roncesvalles, originally planned to start this spring, has been delayed to 2020. Planned changes in affected streetcar services will not occur, although some revisions to 504 King are expected in May to address service reliability. The schedules for 29/929 Dufferin service have been left as originally designed for this period with all service extended to the Princes’ Gate Loop. This change will be reversed in May.

10 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

What is the relationship between Roncesvalles and the 29/929 buses?

That was my reaction too. But upon further reflection, I'm guessing it is because with all of the 504 service diverting into Dufferin Loop, they did not want 29/929 buses also clogging the loop (and potentially delaying streetcar service on King).

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DAT_28 said:

According to the website, 

“Construction affecting the northbound 22/322 Coxwell route has been postponed until further notice. Buses are currently on regular routing.”

Yeah, I checked with the city, and they are awaiting the necessary permit from Metrolinx ... they'll give residents a head's up 2 weeks before they start. So it's not going to start quickly.

Unfortunate. that no one seemed to have told TTC about the delay to the Coxwell underpass construction until after they started running the detour.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Yeah, I checked with the city, and they are awaiting the necessary permit from Metrolinx ... they'll give residents a head's up 2 weeks before they start. So it's not going to start quickly.

Unfortunate. that no one seemed to have told TTC about the delay to the Coxwell underpass construction until after they started running the detour.

It's such a waste of money to have extra runs scheduled for nothing. Just like the Roncy/Queensway intersection rebuilt.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is it too early to say this? TTC Service Changes for May 2019:
https://www.ttc.ca/Coupler/Editorial/Special_Features/index.jsp

An abforementioned note:

186 Wilson Rocket/996 Wilson Express
> Route name change
Customer impact: Minor
Effective date: May 12, 2019 
As part of the Express Bus Network rebranding, the 996 Wilson Express will replace the express service currently provided by the 186 Wilson Rocket. There will be no change to the schedules or service levels.