TTC Service Changes

Mike

3 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

when did this happen , that a artic was put on the 85 on a weekend?

Think it was the second weekend after they officially changed the schedules over that they put artics out for one Saturday. Probably at least 2 years ago now, and clearly it never caught on...

I've ridden 85 frequently on Saturday mornings, and while the buses are generally busy, they're never in the range of requiring artics.

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

Think it was the second weekend after they officially changed the schedules over that they put artics out for one Saturday. Probably at least 2 years ago now, and clearly it never caught on...

I've ridden 85 frequently on Saturday mornings, and while the buses are generally busy, they're never in the range of requiring artics.

Do you think the 985 requires artics on weekends?

3 hours ago, Articulated said:

They did it for one weekend and never again. It was part of the so called "everyone gets a seat" service improvement which clearly only happened on paper.

1 hour ago, Orion V said:

I really hope this isn't meant to be a service cut by reducing the number of buses by claiming an artic would serve the same capacity but they will instead dispatch a regular 40 ft bus.

There are clearly a huge reduction of headways when they swap a 40ft bus running at 14-15 min with and artic running 20-21 minutes during some periods of operation. They should be ashamed for doing such a thing. 15 minute wait is doable but 20 minutes isn't exactly acceptable. People would just take the 85+129/199 or 21 (if it shows up) since it will be faster than waiting 20 minutes for the damn 985A.

---

This express network is pissing off a bunch of people since they can't manage routes properly. The 97/937 is a perfect example of this. Both local and express buses can't seem to run on time. 20-25 minute gaps on the 937 is common right now. Sometimes there is 5 buses heading north and 20 heading south.

The 952 is going to be a disaster. The 52 can't stay on schedule. I highly doubt this route would be managed properly either.

14 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They did it for one weekend and never again. It was part of the so called "everyone gets a seat" service improvement which clearly only happened on paper.

I really hope this isn't meant to be a service cut by reducing the number of buses by claiming an artic would serve the same capacity but they will instead dispatch a regular 40 ft bus.

There are clearly a huge reduction of headways when they swap a 40ft bus running at 14-15 min with and artic running 20-21 minutes during some periods of operation. They should be ashamed for doing such a thing. 15 minute wait is doable but 20 minutes isn't exactly acceptable. People would just take the 85+129/199 or 21 (if it shows up) since it will be faster than waiting 20 minutes for the damn 985A.

---

This express network is pissing off a bunch of people since they can't manage routes properly. The 97/937 is a perfect example of this. Both local and express buses can't seem to run on time. 20-25 minute gaps on the 937 is common right now. Sometimes there is 5 buses heading north and 20 heading south.

The 952 is going to be a disaster. The 52 can't stay on schedule. I highly doubt this route would be managed properly either.

Worst case scenario but close, the 989 WESTON EXPRESS parallels the existing 165 WESTON ROAD NORTH routing but I do not see the 89 and 165 merging into one route anytime soon.

If the 929 DUFFERIN EXPRESS launches, can it have a 929 branch running during CNE next summer?

I rode the 913 PROGRESS EXPRESS one afternoon but frequencies are managed perfectly.

12 hours ago, Orion V said:

Judging by how they're cutting back on the number of vehicles for this new board, I'd think that the answer to that is "yes".

Also keep in mind that they will be going to POP/all doors loading on the express routes at some point in the not-so-distant future.

Dan

22 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The Lawrence West bus is a complete disaster on all fronts and it doesn't work for any single commuter along the Lawrence/Dixon stretch. In the short term there needs to be line management plain and simple. This current game of bus service around there being screwed around with has gone along for long enough. 

In the long term, once the Eglinton Crosstown opens there needs to be a branch that runs from Mount Dennis Station to serve Dixon Road and the Airport. That way that section wont get tied up with all of the nonsense that goes on along the entire stretch of Lawrence. As for the rest of Lawrence, there needs to be a restructuring with the entire service there.

28 minutes ago, lip said:

The Lawrence West bus is a complete disaster on all fronts and it doesn't work for any single commuter along the Lawrence/Dixon stretch. In the short term there needs to be line management plain and simple. This current game of bus service around there being screwed around with has gone along for long enough. 

In the long term, once the Eglinton Crosstown opens there needs to be a branch that runs from Mount Dennis Station to serve Dixon Road and the Airport. That way that section wont get tied up with all of the nonsense that goes on along the entire stretch of Lawrence. As for the rest of Lawrence, there needs to be a restructuring with the entire service there.

This afternoon, 52G service on the Westway had a 45 minute gap for a branch that suppose to runs every 11-12 minute. Dixon was pretty much as bad too. I really think management stop caring anymore.

This should really just split the route in the afternoon around Jane. Have the 52A/B Dixon branches and 52G Westway branch run to Jane. Then run the 52F as the sole service between Yonge and Royal York. All this mess spills into early evenings and don't get fixed till past 8pm.

In the future they could run a you suggested to Mt Dennis Station via Black Creek Dr.

26 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

This afternoon, 52G service on the Westway had a 45 minute gap for a branch that suppose to runs every 11-12 minute. Dixon was pretty much as bad too. I really think management stop caring anymore.

This should really just split the route in the afternoon around Jane. Have the 52A/B Dixon branches and 52G Westway branch run to Jane. Then run the 52F as the sole service between Yonge and Royal York. All this mess spills into early evenings and don't get fixed till past 8pm.

In the future they could run a you suggested to Mt Dennis Station via Black Creek Dr.

Since there's no tape that we can't fix this mess, the TTC has made a big mistake merging the 58 MALTON with the 52 LAWRENCE WEST four years ago. Perhaps the 58 can be restored before the merger  and let the 52F and 52G remain in existence just to improve accuracy. 

2 minutes ago, BYD said:

Since there's no tape that we can't fix this mess, the TTC has made a big mistake merging the 58 MALTON with the 52 LAWRENCE WEST four years ago. Perhaps the 58 can be restored before the merger  and let the 52F and 52G remain in existence just to improve accuracy. 

That will not fix anything. Those old 52s were commonly short turning at Royal York. I wouldn't say it is a mistake. Service improved off peak on the busiest section.

With 2 hour transfers, the TTC should stop running one seat rides on routes that very few people take advantage of it if it means 95% of the riders are suffering. If Lawrence is suffering, Dixon and the Westway doesn't have to suffer if they would just split the route in problematic times.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:50 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

Management has definitely long forgotten about the Lawrence West bus; that or frankly they just dont care at all like you said.

In the interim until Mount Dennis station is complete, they should run a branch from Pearson to Jane via Dixon Road, and another from Pearson to Jane via The Westway. That would allow them to eliminate the 52G service which would be redundant. In the end, they dont need anymore than 5 branches for the 52, but every single branch doesn't have to originate from Lawrence or Lawrence West stations.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:27 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

---

37 is a complete mess.  Both AM and PM rush but worse in PM. 937's run up and down empty and As are still frequently late. Management seemed to think an express would help the A which was wishful thinking at best.The 37 bus bay at the station is also quite a dangerous situation at times with over crowding as the stairwells jam up pretty bad. People routinely walk in off the street and between tunnels, surprised no ones been killed. As well the station continues to degrade worse on a daily basis. The stench of urine permeates the bus bays not to mention the pigeon feces everywhere. Still slowly imploding I only hope the new MT terminal at Kipling is completed on time so they can finally close this disaster. 

12 is bad also. I saw 4 empty buses rush past all together and not another one came by for 15 minutes. Buses are often running upwards of 45 minutes late and people with schedules and actual jobs arrive late because these buses are not properly spaced. As a frequent user of this route, I see first hand how bad it is. Can anyone else relate?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Young said:

According to the service summary the 952 will be operated by Eglinton Division

8AEF9FB4-CD03-463C-8F34-8B332FD33143.jpeg

Wilson for 329 and 929, MtD for 352 but it's correct in the list at the end. The update is poorly done as usual. 929 and 985 on weekends are listed as operated by Bus oppose to ABus. The artic count is incorrect at the end for each divisions and doesn't seem to be updated. 

2 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Wilson for 329 and 929, MtD for 352 but it's correct in the list at the end. The update is poorly done as usual. 929 and 985 on weekends are listed as operated by Bus oppose to ABus. The artic count is incorrect at the end for each divisions and doesn't seem to be updated. 

Ok thanks

On 9/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

The artic count is incorrect at the end for each divisions and doesn't seem to be updated. 

The artic count us off because they will never put all the 153 buses into service at one time. Each division accounts for maintenance on the buses, leaving a percentage of buses off the total in service to total capacity. 

Looks like most of the other express routes have a date for conversion to the 900-series. During the November board all remaining routes except for 45E, 53E/F and 86E will be converted to the 900-series. The last three routes will be done in early 2019. 

I'm curious how they chose what routes would be converted when, seems to have been all over the place.

3 hours ago, wil9402 said:

Looks like most of the other express routes have a date for conversion to the 900-series. During the November board all remaining routes except for 45E, 53E/F and 86E will be converted to the 900-series. The last three routes will be done in early 2019. 

I'm curious how they chose what routes would be converted when, seems to have been all over the place.

The most notable change is the 903 KENNEDY-SCARBOROUGH CENTRE EXPRESS (the route will be more like the short lived 131F branch that existed two years ago and was quickly canned), would that be possible to let the 131 and 903 interline during rush hours like how the 131E is now? Another one is the 900 AIRPORT EXPRESS which uses the 192 wraps, but a repaint is possible for the 12 buses they currently use today.

6 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The artic count us off because they will never put all the 153 buses into service at one time. Each division accounts for maintenance on the buses, leaving a percentage of buses off the total in service to total capacity. 

It's not that. MtD is still listed for 14 while Wilson needs 44. It just indicates this chart wasn't updated.

4 hours ago, wil9402 said:

45E and 86E are the predominate branch for these two routes. There are twice as many express buses than locals during AM rush. The 53EF have half the runs in rush. These 3 routes have more schedule changes and bigger effects to riders than all the existing E branch routes renumber(ed) in Sept and Oct.

The 903 wouldn't get any rider if it's just another 131F. The would have to be interlined or the 903 is doomed.