TTC Service Changes

Mike

Two things:

1. Having ridden on the "113A DANFORTH" yesterday to Victoria Park Stn., I guess the routing is slightly different from the 1980 arrangement which ran from Kennedy Stn., south via Kennedy Road, southwest via Danforth Road, west via Danforth Avenue, north via Pharmacy Avenue, west via Denton Avenue and to Victoria Park Stn. although they use the current routing instead of the original one. 

2. If @leylandvictory2 and @Bus_Medic can confirm or deny, I guess June board will see the 190 and 57 swapping garages.

19 minutes ago, BYD said:

Two things:

1. Having ridden on the "113A DANFORTH" yesterday to Victoria Park Stn., I guess the routing is slightly different from the 1980 arrangement which ran from Kennedy Stn., south via Kennedy Road, southwest via Danforth Road, west via Danforth Avenue, north via Pharmacy Avenue, west via Denton Avenue and to Victoria Park Stn. although they use the current routing instead of the original one. 

2. If @leylandvictory2 and @Bus_Medic can confirm or deny, I guess June board will see the 190 and 57 swapping garages.

57 is going to eglinton.  I am pretty sure 190 is going to.malvern

35 minutes ago, BYD said:

Two things:

The current temporary route map is shown on the the TTC website - http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/113/RouteDescription.jsp?tabName=map

image.thumb.png.79749456f3fa7c34cb8237d897086638.png

http://ttc.ca/TTC_Surveys/Junction_Area_Survey.jsp

Proposed changes in the Junction/Bloor West Village area.

Highlights include:

Replacing the 30 Lambton with an extension of the 40 Junction, eliminating a 25 year old vestige of the trolleybus system.

Extending 127 along St Clair to Scarlett Road. This is the most overdue IMO, especially with all the new development west of Gunns loop.

The 30 would need a new name! Call it 30 High Park or something more suitable.

The 127 extension makes St Clair more travelable by transit but will slow down people on the 79B from getting to Line 2.

I'm a little worried the 40 branches would make service worst. The route is busy enough. Further extensions will just lead to more bunching.

4 hours ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

Highlights include:

Replacing the 30 Lambton with an extension of the 40 Junction, eliminating a 25 year old vestige of the trolleybus system.

Extending 127 along St Clair to Scarlett Road. This is the most overdue IMO, especially with all the new development west of Gunns loop.

I feel like the main purpose of swapping service on Dundas west of Runnymede from 30 to 40 is to reduce any delays associated with looping through High Park in the summer months.  Otherwise that just seems like change for the sake of change, especially since not every bus on the frequent 40 will go west of Jane.

The extension of the 127 west helps simplify all of the branches in that area (and makes service more frequent on 71B). However it depends on where the residents along St Clair want to go - if more people want to go south to the subway rather than east along St Clair, then those riders are worse off as they now require an extra transfer, or a much longer ride to the subway at Spadina Station.

4 hours ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

Highlights include:

Extending 40 to Dundas West is a good idea, but I think 30 may need to be eliminated if it only goes till Runnymede.. 

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

Extending 40 to Dundas West is a good idea, but I think 30 may need to be eliminated if it only goes till Runnymede.. 

All those residences along High Park Avenue and those going into High Park in the summer who uses the 30 will be very unhappy with your statement.

55 and 40B should be merged to reduce congestion at Jane station also so 40B can stay on Dundas and not require to go north on to St.Clair to turn around as there is sometimes heavy traffic along the proposed 40B routeing. 

Edited by 2822

TTC Service Changes Effective Sunday, June 24, 2018

57 Midland to Eglinton

190 to Malvern

New Route 176 Mimico GO Shuttle

Lots of Summer seasonal changes that are expected

83 Jones getting increase service for operators at Lesile Division, I guess for Lake Shore Division too.

Keele Yard storing trains in the Day, get your day shots while you can.

Stop changes.

They'll be more as time goes on.

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

121D to Ontario Place. TTC loves a million branches of 121 back then and they're back to it again

Seasonal service to Ontario Place was mentioned at the last board meeting in the Improving Transit Service Options to Major Music Festivals report. The service will run until October. I was expecting the extension of and north-south route (29 or 63). I totally forgot 121 was an option.

• 3 weeks later...

506 Weekday rush hour, has been served by Queensway also, since day 1 bus service.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:06 PM, D40-90 said:

TTC Service Changes Effective Sunday, June 24, 2018

57 Midland to Eglinton

190 to Malvern

New Route 176 Mimico GO Shuttle

Lots of Summer seasonal changes that are expected

83 Jones getting increase service for operators at Lesile Division, I guess for Lake Shore Division too.

Keele Yard storing trains in the Day, get your day shots while you can.

Stop changes.

They'll be more as time goes on.

When is 57 going to eglinton?

1 hour ago, M320 said:

506 Weekday rush hour, has been served by Queensway also, since day 1 bus service.

When is 57 going to eglinton?

57 is going to Eglinton on June 24th which is the beginning of the next board. Same goes for the 190 when it goes to Malvern.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, M320 said:

QSY runs for 506 have been brought up by 1 bus, using 5-6 in rush hour now. Some runs are now from 192 sometimes so keep an eye out for those wrapped buses!

It seems like MtD and Birchmount aren't able to fulfill all the runs and needed assistance.

• Like 1

Has anyone found the service summary for this board period? I can't find it on the TTC site, even entering the presumed URL based on the previous summary's name.

What I'm wondering about is the dispatch of 501 Queen cars to Lake Shore. They're coming from Russell. So any cars going into service or going out of service will be a link from/to downtown.

The "service changes" bulletin mentions a few runs in the morning that operate through to downtown. I wonder if there are more runs that will actually do this, as they make their trips to and from Russell.

3 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Has anyone found the service summary for this board period? I can't find it on the TTC site, even entering the presumed URL based on the previous summary's name.

What I'm wondering about is the dispatch of 501 Queen cars to Lake Shore. They're coming from Russell. So any cars going into service or going out of service will be a link from/to downtown.

The "service changes" bulletin mentions a few runs in the morning that operate through to downtown. I wonder if there are more runs that will actually do this, as they make their trips to and from Russell.

My recollection is that service summary didn't get posted until after the changeover last time - I was looking for it then. If you have a twitter account a polite nudge to @ TTCPlanning might move it along?

2 hours ago, dowlingm said:

My recollection is that service summary didn't get posted until after the changeover last time - I was looking for it then. If you have a twitter account a polite nudge to @ TTCPlanning might move it along?

Yeah, it was late last month too. You could try that. I've tried whacking @TTCHelps over the head with a metaphorical 2×4 already ...

I have to say metaphorical, as they get upset at such unstated metaphors!