TTC Service Changes

Mike

As you've found out, they are allowed (and are supposed) to serve the stops off of Queen. This goes for all streetcars that may not be on a normal routing.

The drivers may have a layover and want a little peace and quiet - that may be why they are kicking everyone off. That and the layover points on both loopings is on the "front" side of the loop - Parliament for west-end cars and Shaw for east-end.

Dan

Well, I tried boarding at King/Dufferin and was rejected. Apparently, the guy who does the switches at King/Dufferin says that there was a notice telling drivers not to pick up anyone on the looping. I got yrt304 to call HQ and the rep there told him confirming that.

I rode 41E yesterday afternoon from St Clair to Lawrence. It wasn't that bad, it saved me about 5-10 minutes from Rogers up to Lawrence but the ride was made longer by all the traffic on Weston Road as well as some on Rogers Rd. It took us about 15 minutes to get from St Clair & Keele to Keele & Rogers. The whole way on Weston Road we were stuck in a huge traffic jam, we passed 2 89s than were stuck in it. There was a pretty decent load on the bus, almost every seat filled and a couple standees. I'm not very familiar with Weston Rd during rush hour but if that traffic is a daily occurrence they should think about re-routing 41E to use Old Weston instead which I have never seen a traffic jam on even in rush hour.

I rode 41E yesterday afternoon from St Clair to Lawrence. It wasn't that bad, it saved me about 5-10 minutes from Rogers up to Lawrence but the ride was made longer by all the traffic on Weston Road as well as some on Rogers Rd. It took us about 15 minutes to get from St Clair & Keele to Keele & Rogers. The whole way on Weston Road we were stuck in a huge traffic jam, we passed 2 89s than were stuck in it. There was a pretty decent load on the bus, almost every seat filled and a couple standees. I'm not very familiar with Weston Rd during rush hour but if that traffic is a daily occurrence they should think about re-routing 41E to use Old Weston instead which I have never seen a traffic jam on even in rush hour.

I'd hold that thought...

Went to Old Weston/St. Clair today, it's down to 2 lanes each direction. There were 4 buses SB between Townsley Loop and St. Clair (41, 41, 127, 168 in order) because of the backlog. Luckily though it looks as though construction on St. Clair is close to completion on the east side (they were pouring concrete on the track to the edge of the intersection today), so hopefully it will be back to normal soon, and the time savings over the 41 can be shown.

I'd hold that thought...

Went to Old Weston/St. Clair today, it's down to 2 lanes each direction. There were 4 buses SB between Townsley Loop and St. Clair (41, 41, 127, 168 in order) because of the backlog. Luckily though it looks as though construction on St. Clair is close to completion on the east side (they were pouring concrete on the track to the edge of the intersection today), so hopefully it will be back to normal soon, and the time savings over the 41 can be shown.

The traffic on Old Weston is not as bad as on Weston Rd though because it only starts about 100-150m away from the intersection while Weston Rd's traffic is from just before Gunns Rd all the way up to Rogers which close to 1km of traffic.

Well, I tried boarding at King/Dufferin and was rejected. Apparently, the guy who does the switches at King/Dufferin says that there was a notice telling drivers not to pick up anyone on the looping. I got yrt304 to call HQ and the rep there told him confirming that.

That's interesting, considering that Brad Ross posted on his Twitter account that as of 9:30am yesterday morning all operators had been informed that they were not to boot customers from cars going 'round the loops.

Dan

That's interesting, considering that Brad Ross posted on his Twitter account that as of 9:30am yesterday morning all operators had been informed that they were not to boot customers from cars going 'round the loops.
Operators are confused everywhere. I was on a bus that was signed 60E on Steeles yesterday and it was making all of the stops along Steeles and none on Yonge so I think the operator was operating the old 60E rather than the new one.

I'd hold that thought...

Unfortunately, the east side is not important. It's the west side that needs to be completed ASAP to see if the 41's can indeed clear that NW corner once and for all. Given the "planning" that's gone into the ROW, I'm not holding my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

There doesn't seem to be any other thread to post this in, maybe we should have the name of this thread changed to "TTC Service Changes"?

Anyways, believe it or not the TTC has actually already posted the Service Changes for later this month and for December as well.

Later this month, on November 22, The following will happen:

SRT - No more late evening shuttles, full service until regular closing hours.

37 Islington - Additional time for road work ends.

104 Faywood - New extended routing to Downsview Station.

105 Dufferin North, 117 Alness & 196 York University Rocket - Re-routed to use the York U busway.

106 York University - Increased service in AM and PM peak periods.

192 Airport Rocket - New revised northbound routing (already in effect)

511 Bathurst - Two additional Sunday morning trips from Bathurst Station.

New accessible and bike rack equipped routes:

10 Van Horne

89 Weston

107 Keele North

TTC.ca - November Service Changes

On December 20, the following will happen:

512 St Clair - Streetcar service extended to Lansdowne Loop. Bus service shortened to Oakwood Loop. So service will be provided by streetcars from St Clair Station to Lansdowne Loop and Bus service will be from Oakwood Loop to Gunns Loop.

TTC.ca - December Service Changes

There doesn't seem to be any other thread to post this in, maybe we should have the name of this thread changed to "TTC Service Changes"?

There is a thread, it just hasn't been used since April!

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=2473

This thread was originally launched for the October 2008 Service Changes. It got recycled for the October 2009 Service Changes. The above thread would make an ideal place for general discussions but since they get buried before the next changes come up new threads get started or others are re-purposed.

Anyways, believe it or not the TTC has actually already posted the Service Changes for later this month and for December as well.

Later this month, on November 22, The following will happen:

SRT - No more late evening shuttles, full service until regular closing hours.

37 Islington - Additional time for road work ends.

104 Faywood - New extended routing to Downsview Station.

105 Dufferin North, 117 Alness & 196 York University Rocket - Re-routed to use the York U busway.

106 York University - Increased service in AM and PM peak periods.

192 Airport Rocket - New revised northbound routing (already in effect)

511 Bathurst - Two additional Sunday morning trips from Bathurst Station.

New accessible and bike rack equipped routes:

10 Van Horne

89 Weston

107 Keele North

By having the 10 accessible that takes the cake for the last east end route accessible. 89 weston I predicted would be the last route accessible so i'm wrong on that one. Wilson has only 196, 142, 33, 117 and the 160 left for non accessible routes.

By having the 10 accessible that takes the cake for the last east end route accessible. 89 weston I predicted would be the last route accessible so i'm wrong on that one. Wilson has only 196, 142, 33, 117 and the 160 left for non accessible routes.

They should make 33 accessible because it only requires one bus.

I was thinking the same thing. But since their dealing with diesaelized trains, noise, and old buses, it would only be nice to give them at least something they've been wanting.

I was thinking the same thing. But since their dealing with diesaelized trains, noise, and old buses, it would only be nice to give them at least something they've been wanting.

They should at least have keele station with an elevator installed to make this worth wild.

They should make 33 accessible because it only requires one bus.

Yeah they can easily do that. But why make it accessible when you can still have our last days with the fishbowls.

TTC.ca - November Service Changes

On December 20, the following will happen:

512 St Clair - Streetcar service extended to Lansdowne Loop. Bus service shortened to Oakwood Loop. So service will be provided by streetcars from St Clair Station to Lansdowne Loop and Bus service will be from Oakwood Loop to Gunns Loop.

TTC.ca - December Service Changes

Let me see if i have this correct. The 512 buses will overlap the 512 streetcars from lansdowne and oakwood along st clair?

The TTC has posted the November Service summary (wow, really early!).

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Se...09-11-22%20.pdf

Looks like 501 will be going back to "normal" unfortunately. Also, the 512 has been divided into two sections: November 22-December 19 and December 20-January 2. 512 is also getting 12 more streetcars during AM peak after December 20th.

Looks like 501 will be going back to "normal" unfortunately. Also, the 512 has been divided into two sections: November 22-December 19 and December 20-January 2. 512 is also getting 12 more streetcars during AM peak after December 20th.

There ws no way that was going to last long. I guess TTC is on to plan C?

There ws no way that was going to last long. I guess TTC is on to plan C?

It was only suppose to be a trial. The plan was to try it for this board period only.

EDIT: Looks like after about 3 years Arrow Rd will finnally lose 512 come December 20th. The Keele-Oakwood shuttle will be run by Wilson only.

Just in time for the Christmas shopping rush IIRC.

There was over 8000 complaints within the first 3 weeks of this trial, I discussed it last commission meeting with a few people, including Gary and Adam, Mitch was not at the meeting (very Rare for him to not be at a commission meeting ) These complaints were mainly from riders, but also Operators were complaining as well of a lot of problems too.