Toronto Harbour Spurs

Allandale25

Mike is right in that TTR no longer owns the USRC - but they no longer maintain it either. Maintenance is now performed by PNR Railworks as of this past April. TMD's are now GO Transit employees, as I understand it.

The Harbour trackage is owned by the Harbour Commission. I have no idea who maintains it, although they may contract to CN, CP or someone else.

For the record CN and CP still own their respective parts of TTR, who recently won the contract to operate and maintain a grain terminal/facility in Vancouver Harbour.

Dan

The TMD's are still employees of the TTR right now. Not sure, but I assume eventually it will all be run by GO.

As for the USRC maintenance, I know there are still a few TTR employees that work as signal maintainers and track maintainers.

The TMD's are still employees of the TTR right now. Not sure, but I assume eventually it will all be run by GO.

As for the USRC maintenance, I know there are still a few TTR employees that work as signal maintainers and track maintainers.

I passed bye today and i saw that some of the tracks have been ripped up. And some of the tracks have been blocked off with big X's. Are they doing maintenance? Or are they ripping up the track?

They were also making sure that the signals were in working condition.

I passed bye today and i saw that some of the tracks have been ripped up. And some of the tracks have been blocked off with big X's. Are they doing maintenance? Or are they ripping up the track?

They were also making sure that the signals were in working condition.

If you are talking about the tracks near Cherry St, they are in the process of removing the Cherry St. ladder.

If you are talking about the tracks near Cherry St, they are in the process of removing the Cherry St. ladder.

Well it seemed like they were ripping up the tracks in the yard. Possibly because it's too much to maintain? There are some heavy load flat cars parked on the south side of the yard. Other than that, the yard is pretty empty.

Seems like the eastern portion of the spur is used more often?

The tracks leading to Essroc cement, that run down Villiers St, haven't seen use in a few years. I know Lafarge cement hasn't seen railcars in a while. The track that ran down Basin street was removed, as well as the Red Path track. It seems that the last customers left are on Lakeshore Blvd and also the water treatment plant and ship to shore facility.

The tracks leading to Essroc cement, that run down Villiers St, haven't seen use in a few years. I know Lafarge cement hasn't seen railcars in a while. The track that ran down Basin street was removed, as well as the Red Path track. It seems that the last customers left are on Lakeshore Blvd and also the water treatment plant and ship to shore facility.

The last customers are Canroof Corporation Inc (Lakeshore), the Toronto Sanitation Plant (Leslie), Toronto Port Authority (Unwin & Cherry), and Klorox aka Unilever/Lever Bros (Don Valley/Lakeshore).

Basin St. used to service Cascades Boxboard Group.

That was not the impression given by the City staff now in charge of Union Station.

It's possible (or even likely) that they were hired on by PNR or GO to help maintain the signal network until the system gets upgraded at some point in the near future. But PNR definately now holds that contract.

What's a 'ladder'?

In this context, a ladder track is a track that crosses over others in a line and allows trains to switch between one track and another. The two rows of double-slip switches that allow trains to travel from track 1 to the eastbound main on the Kingston Sub for instance are two of the ladders east of the trainshed (and who's names currently escape me).

Dan

Any more news on when the dimensional load will be moving?

Looks like they are ripping up the north end of the yard. Either that or replacing the switches. Since there is less demand....does that mean that they are cutting the yard back to cut down on maintenance?

Looks like they are ripping up the north end of the yard. Either that or replacing the switches. Since there is less demand....does that mean that they are cutting the yard back to cut down on maintenance?

Are you referring to the Keating yard? Anyone else have any updates?

Got a few shots of the train, waiting at Peel and arriving at Mac Yard via the Halton Inbound.

GEXR 433 - LLPX2236, LLPX2210 sit at Peel on track 3 of the Halton Subdivision awaiting the go ahead to continue eastbound.

X433LLPX22362210Peel.jpg

Here the train is arriving into Mac due to the GST canceling the dimensional movement to Keating Yard.

X433LLPX22362210.jpg

UPDATE : CN L54332 26 will be taking the dimensional downtown right now, they should be leaving Mac Yard shortly.

Here are two shots taken this afternoon of the move to the TTR.

X543CN4018Bala.jpg

X543CN4018.jpg

Besides it was awesome and the mess and havoc it created at Carlaw & Lakeshore was just hilarious.

Where was first shot taken? Did anyone get more pictures as they headed toward end of the journey?

In the last picture. I haven't seen trains pass here in long time. To bad I missed it.

In the last picture. I haven't seen trains pass here in long time. To bad I missed it. someone told me they don't run trains there. Hopefully one day I will see one pass there. I saw it once a few years ago, alot of people walking beside the train, down by Lakeshore & Lesile Sts

Here are two shots taken this afternoon of the move to the TTR.

X543CN4018Bala.jpg

X543CN4018.jpg

Besides it was awesome and the mess and havoc it created at Carlaw & Lakeshore was just hilarious.