BC Ferries

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd share a few shots from a dreary, rainy trip to Bowen Island on the Queen of Capilano ... but that ended with a decent sunset.    

Photo captured on May 7, 2007.   Which one is this?    

I would believe that this is the Queen of Alberni; the extra holes in her vehicle decks and the short upper deck would indicate it's her. For additional confirmation, the Queen of Alberni was the C cl

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Then why does Queen of Cumberland use her snack bar on route 5? Why doesn't the Mayne Quuen also use her snack bar on the same route?

Late reply, but it is crew. Cumberland requires a minimum of 10 to carry passengers... which means there are a few extra employees onboard, which can be delegated to catering. The Mayne's licenses are 7 or 8 crew, which isn't enough to keep the snack bar open. Mind you both of those vessels have 3 deckhands on a B license, 4 on an A license (though I'm not 100% sure about the Cumberland A license).

BC Ferries lack for site in my opinion because we should have kept the Queen of Chilliwack and downgrade from Northern vessel to a regular vessel in the fleet because of breakdowns on the Sunshine Coast routes.

https://www.bcferries.com/bcferries/faces/attachments?id=938609

Hopefully people start to realize BC Ferries privitization is an spectacle failure as great crown corpration that has monopoly turned into private company and fails at every turn.

BC Ferries lack for site in my opinion because we should have kept the Queen of Chilliwack and downgrade from Northern vessel to a regular vessel in the fleet because of breakdowns on the Sunshine Coast routes.

https://www.bcferries.com/bcferries/faces/attachments?id=938609

Hopefully people start to realize BC Ferries privitization is an spectacle failure as great crown corpration that has monopoly turned into private company and fails at every turn.

I don't think people will. This latest story is fuelling anger towards BCFS, and there is no mention - including from the media - of a government connection. It's a pretty good smokescreen. Meanwhile, the gov't sits back and watches this unfold, being responsible for it, but not being held accountable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coastal Inspiration on the first trip from Duke Point to Tsawwassen terminal on Sunday:

25498007104_5a182ba1e8_b.jpgCoastal Inspiration by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26036413981_d223b18888_b.jpgCoastal Inspiration by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26036413201_eca12b03a2_b.jpgCoastal Inspiration by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

25498008864_983a4bb535_b.jpgCoastal Inspiration by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

More wraps are coming to BC Ferries, but this look awesome on them:

https://www.bcferries.com/bcferries/faces/attachments?id=947698

Cannot wait to see the next wraps.

Bowen Queen arriving from Southern Gulf Island:

25498002544_55f38e42ea_b.jpg                                                                           Bowen Queen by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26010227602_28e1cc9d0e_b.jpg                                                                                Bowen Queen by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

25829920060_f9fa93a5f2_b.jpg                                                                 Bowen Queen by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

M/V Tenaka has new local owner called Lady Rose Marine:

http://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/375278361.html

Yep and apparently they are going to refurbish her  to carry only cargo and passengers. I would think they will probably cover in everything below the superstructure for passenger space and the front and back of it will be cargo space. This will sure be a capacity boost for freight  out of Port Alberni. They will also need to fix her to get her TC certified...And Install cranes to lift freight off at the docks where she will stop. However I think she should do well in her new role as she has a great deal more speed than Frances Barkley !

14 hours ago, roeco said:

Yep and apparently they are going to refurbish her  to carry only cargo and passengers. I would think they will probably cover in everything below the superstructure for passenger space and the front and back of it will be cargo space. This will sure be a capacity boost for freight  out of Port Alberni. They will also need to fix her to get her TC certified...And Install cranes to lift freight off at the docks where she will stop. However I think she should do well in her new role as she has a great deal more speed than Frances Barkley !

You do realize that it is illegal for passenger or crew to be below the waterline during the sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Queen of New Westminster arriving at Swartz Bay during the Easter long weekend extra sailings:

25498006794_344741934e_b.jpg                                                                          Queen of New Westminster by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26102764875_2920d8de2f_b.jpg                                                            Queen of New Westminster by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

Spirit of Vancouver Island on the 1 pm to Swartz Bay:

25500154783_267c5d4b64_b.jpg                                                                            Spirit of Vancouver Island by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26102770865_8e14b1b75d_b.jpg                                                                         Spirit of Vancouver Island by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26036418521_1d08ba092d_b.jpg                                                                          Spirit of Vancouver Island by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

26036418851_c2909e790e_b.jpg                                                                            Spirit of Vancouver Island by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:40 PM, Blue Bus Fan said:

You do realize that it is illegal for passenger or crew to be below the waterline during the sailing.

The car deck is below the waterline?? I was not aware of that..!

• 2 weeks later...

Bowen Queen may go be the refit may replacement vessel on the Port McNeill - Alert Bay - Sointula will she be 2.5 times bigger than regular vessel on the route. This will be very odd vessel placement for the route. This the first time that Bowen Queen or any of Powell River Class have gone so far north on Vancouver Island for service, which means crews need to be trained on the boat.