Belleville Transit

On 11/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jeffrey said:

I believe it's being refurbished--I might be wrong. 

Both sister buses 1370 and 1371 have been in service! The reason why 1370 was not in service for the longest time confirmed by the driver driving it as the breakdown. Major computer issues associating with 1370. Somehow the computer had alarms going off and also the dash lit up like a christmas tree. The computer said that there was an “error” with the accordian and thought it was an articulated bus. Which clearly its a 40 footer. The driver shut off and was in the shop and was ran under a series of intense diagnostic tests to see the failure. Although he didnt know what the outcome but its nice to see sisters out and about again! 1371 the SHORELINE bus shuttle again on the #6/#8 routes. 

Also new fare boxes are having issues again and some bad glitches. 1066 and 1371 was again having issues with the QR reader for transfers. Beeping and alarms going off! So quite a few to fix out bugs and issues. Debit and credit they have to do contracts still. No bills accepted by fareboxes ... so now just wait and see 

A3DD98E4-980B-48F5-8441-498D4403991E.jpeg

0761 still gone out of service... I think extensive refurbishment being done or retired. Nobody knows where it is and the transit wont tell so if someone can keep an eye out for it on the 401 corridor that would be awesome!

By the way the fare boxes are new gfi’s and again issues... 

wife sent me these

8B251A0E-BEDE-4468-8DE5-C7CC1AEE48AB.jpeg

1223723E-EA3A-4095-BB58-EF822A80B4A0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Americantransitfan said:

I see there is a bus missing from the wiki lol 😂 i tried to be the editor was denied epic fail 

probably the oldest bus and there is buses retired not properly done

Instead of insulting the Wiki and cryptically hinting that content is missing from it, how about you post what the so-called "missing bus" is, and someone with editing privileges can edit it?

• 8 months later...

Hey did you hear that 0559 had a catastrophic accident of a failed bearing caused the wheel catch fire and fell off the bus... glad it didnt kill anyone 

https://inquinte.ca/story/rear-wheels-fall-off-belleville-city-bus

Also 0660 is MIA atm wondering if getting referbed 

5704 is missing on the wiki back in service after catching fire... new transmission in her 

1370 and 1371 has bad transmissions from first to second gear. 

The buses are being overworked. They have confirmed 4 new buses have been ordered. I hope they get a new livery 

15703836033127397537003535157218.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, Jeffrey said:

This happened on the 23rd, but still of interest, city police stated that it was determined the bus broke down due to mechanical issues and 'no further action is required. https://inquinte.ca/story/rear-wheels-fall-off-belleville-city-bus?fbclid=IwAR13W8LJQ3HdZx5-HFsT5W4_k55N1IPFD6Ymb7cMseGEEiukIzGwYZ2J8os  Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoor

Yep just mentioned it too. I loved that bus super comfy seats. Plushy 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Belleville Transit is currently taking delivery of 5 Nova LFS buses fleet numbers 2176 to 2180.    BT announced on twitter that these buses will start entering service on Friday.  2 are for expansion and 3 are to replace 5704, 0458 and 0559.

Photos from the BT twitter.

EwoAlEhWYAIgtpY.jpeg.jpg

EwoAi__WYAIWdYn.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3