Subway locations

TTC Subway  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which subway do you enjoy riding the most?

• T1s
    • H4s
    • H5s
    • H6s

The topic, poll and first post in this thread have nothing to do with each other.

Greenwood (Bloor-Danforth line) houses 5000-5135, 5140-5143, as well as all remaining H4s and H6s.

Davisville/Wilson (YUS and Sheppard lines) house 5136-5139, 5144-5371, as well as all H5s.

EDIT: ttcgeek beat me to the T1 division.

This where the T1s are set right now. Greenwood currently owns 5000-5135 and 5140-5143. Wilson/Davisville owns 5136-5139 and 5144-5371. Why they're split up like this is beyond me.

I saw 5136-5137 at BD line like about 5 weeks ago. They just moved some of the nearest ones to Greenwood and will move more of the T1s to Greenwood when they're ready to retire more H4s :D. Suppose the brand new trains comes in will just be in wilson/davisville yard which will retire all of the H5s and will push some more of the T1s to Greenwood. In additional I'm guessing when it's time to get rid of the H6s i'm assuming that the remaining T1s that are at wilson/davisville will be all moved to greenwood.

The new subway trains are only to retire the H4's and H5's....we're stuck with the H6's until the option order is taken (if it is at all).

Dan

Gosh i really hate those H6s. The fact that the doors shuts way too quickly is the only reason why i hate them. I rather have the H5 stay and the H6 retire if it was completely up to me.

Gosh i really hate those H6s. The fact that the doors shuts way too quickly is the only reason why i hate them. I rather have the H5 stay and the H6 retire if it was completely up to me.

Wow, you clearly don't remember the H6's when they were new to about 15 years old. They were extremely fast, in a split second the doors were almost completely shut. The speed they are at now is nothing compared to then.

I've got to say H6's. The H5's, H4's and T1's are good trains too, but the H6 were my favourite trains ever since I was young. If it would be possible to pick more than one, I'd select the H4's and H5's. :D I like them all though. :P

The new subway trains are only to retire the H4's and H5's....we're stuck with the H6's until the option order is taken (if it is at all).

Dan

Uh, no. The new trains will retire the H4's only. The H5's will move down to the BD Line for a couple of years before retiring.

Really? The superintendent (not visor) of the BD told me that it'll push some H5s down to Greenwood.

God I love the H6's for that, I love seeing people try and charge the door and it closes on them or in their faces, wait for the next train god dam it

I've got to say H6's. The H5's, H4's and T1's are good trains too, but the H6 were my favourite trains ever since I was young. If it would be possible to pick more than one, I'd select the H4's and H5's. ;) I like them all though. :lol:

Uh, no. The new trains will retire the H4's only. The H5's will move down to the BD Line for a couple of years before retiring.

Really? The superintendent (not visor) of the BD told me that it'll push some H5s down to Greenwood.

The Toronto Rockets will replace both the H4s and H5s. If anything, the H5s will be moved to Greenwood as the first TRs come and once the H4s are gone then T1s from Wilson/Davisville will move down to Greenwood to replace the H5s. Right now there are enough H4s and H5s to make 29.6 train sets. The TRs will be 39 train sets, this is enough to replace both H4s and H5s as well as have a couple extra for when the Spadina extension to York U and Vaughan is completed.

Wow, you clearly don't remember the H6's when they were new to about 15 years old. They were extremely fast, in a split second the doors were almost completely shut. The speed they are at now is nothing compared to then.

No i remember alright. I really didn't like them because the way it was like jerked off during take off. I really didn't find them good rides. But maybe this is the way i find it. That's all.

That sounds right since the whole part one purpose is to get rid of the H4s. Fortunately i was able to catch one yesterday. I enjoy the soft comfortable seats. In fact i almost fell asleep. ;) I'm going to keep trying catch as many H4s as much as I can.

The Toronto Rockets will replace both the H4s and H5s. If anything, the H5s will be moved to Greenwood as the first TRs come and once the H4s are gone then T1s from Wilson/Davisville will move down to Greenwood to replace the H5s. Right now there are enough H4s and H5s to make 29.6 train sets. The TRs will be 39 train sets, this is enough to replace both H4s and H5s as well as have a couple extra for when the Spadina extension to York U and Vaughan is completed.

So no such chance that some more T1s are going to Greenwood.

So no such chance that some more T1s are going to Greenwood.

At least 7 T1 train sets will move to Greenwood most likely, once all the the H4s and H5s are retired and all the TRs are delivered. Greenwood will most likely have 5000-5181 then along with the H6s and 5182-5371 and the TRs will be at Wilson/Davisville.

Would some TRs be at Greenwood when they are first delivered. I think the T-1s were delivered through Greenwood yard??

The most convienent place to deliver vehicles is through Greenwood. IMO they will get tested and stored there for a short period of time, but not go into revenue service.

The most convienent place to deliver vehicles is through Greenwood. IMO they will get tested and stored there for a short period of time, but not go into revenue service.

All cars now get delivered at Greenwood, but they will likely be commissioned and tested at Wilson, as that is where all of the specialized equipment for them will be located.

The T1's, for instance, were all commissioned at Davisville. After delivery, they were towed between two sets of H6's from Greenwood to Davisville overnight.

Dan

All cars now get delivered at Greenwood, but they will likely be commissioned and tested at Wilson, as that is where all of the specialized equipment for them will be located.

The T1's, for instance, were all commissioned at Davisville. After delivery, they were towed between two sets of H6's from Greenwood to Davisville overnight.

Dan

I think the question now is that can a 6-unit TR set be towed as such while broken up into 2-car sections?

I think the question now is that can a 6-unit TR set be towed as such while broken up into 2-car sections?

It won't, as the specs that I've seen from Bombardier simply won't allow it - the cars will essentially be hard-wired together, and will use drawbars rather than couplers to attach to one another.

They will likely be towed after hours by one of the several locomotives that the TTC owns.

Dan

It won't, as the specs that I've seen from Bombardier simply won't allow it - the cars will essentially be hard-wired together, and will use drawbars rather than couplers to attach to one another.

They will likely be towed after hours by one of the several locomotives that the TTC owns.

Dan

Um, I disagree with that (not your post, but with the fact that they won't have couplers). What are they going to do when they need to push a disabled train into the yard? Have they not learned their lesson from the CLRVs? Methinks it's time to have a word with the health and safety rep about this :D

Um, I disagree with that (not your post, but with the fact that they won't have couplers). What are they going to do when they need to push a disabled train into the yard? Have they not learned their lesson from the CLRVs? Methinks it's time to have a word with the health and safety rep about this :D

Sorry, I meant in terms of inter-car connections within the train. The outer ends of the trains themselves will have standard Scharfenberg couplers, although I don't know what kind of electrical connections they may have (if any).

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I meant in terms of inter-car connections within the train. The outer ends of the trains themselves will have standard Scharfenberg couplers, although I don't know what kind of electrical connections they may have (if any).

Dan

I would think the inter-car drawbars would be what's used, but as for electrical, I could see "plug & play" connections used, strictly in the event that some work needs to be done requiring the set to be seperated. Or, in the event of a set being damaged, then all you need to do is disconnect the drawbar and connections, and seperate the cars while supporting the articulation piece.

I would think the inter-car drawbars would be what's used, but as for electrical, I could see "plug & play" connections used, strictly in the event that some work needs to be done requiring the set to be seperated. Or, in the event of a set being damaged, then all you need to do is disconnect the drawbar and connections, and seperate the cars while supporting the articulation piece.

Sure, the same thing is done with the T1's now.

But it's still a lot more of a hassle uncoupling a pair of T1's than it is a pair of H-cars, and the Rockets promise to be at least as difficult if not more so.

And once again.....the Rockets will not be articulated.

Dan