The Canadian Roadgeek

Anyone create their own transit system?

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Second System uses a third fleet of 60' cars with 4 doors. Two four car sets make a full train, with a fully longitudinal seating layout (similar to NYCTA NTTs)

For your "Second System", what standards do they use for electrification? And loading gauge? Were they built to completely different standards than the other lines?

I’m trying to post here every month, but here’s a full transit update on the city of Lincoln

Garages/ Bus Yards

Lincoln: Capacity: 280| Built: 2001| Location: 1330 Queen Street West (Middle York Road and Queen Street West)

Yorkmeadow: Capacity: 455| Built: 1998| Location: 56 Kingson Drive (Middle York Road and Yorkmeadow Road West)

Downtown: Capacity: 197| Built: 2000| Location: 13 Gorehill Avenue (King Street West and District Street)

South Yorkmeadow: Capacity: 510| Built: 2019| Location: 128 Scotfield Stadium Road (Scotfield Stadium Road and Clarendon Avenue)

Conventional Bus Fleet
1000 - 1101: 2007 New Flyer C40LF (Cummins Westport C Gas +/ Allison B400R)

1102 - 1300: 2010 Orion 07.501 VII NG EPA10 HEV (Cummins ISB6.7/ BAe Systems Hybridrive)

1301 - 1400: 2011 New Flyer XDE40 (Cummins ISL9/ BAe Systems Hybridrive)

1401 - 1600: 2011 New Flyer XDE60 (Cummins ISB6.7/ BAe Systems Hybridrive HDS-200)

1601 - 1650: 2014 New Flyer XN40 (Cummins Westport ISL-G/ Allison B400R5 (WMATA Specs)

1651 - 1700: 2015 New Flyer XN40 (Cummins Westport ISL-G/ Voith D864.6)

1701 - 2000: 2015 Novabus LFX 60102 Artic (Cummins ISL9/ Allison World B500R5)

2121 - 2200: 2007 Orion 07.502 VII CNG (Cummins Westport C Gas +/ Allison B400R5)

2201 - 2340: 2012 New Flyer D60LFA (Caterpillar C9/ Allison World B500R5)

2341: 2007 New Flyer D40LF (Cummins ISM/ Voith D864.3E)(Used on the Yorkmeadow College Shuttle)

2342 - 2599: 2019 New Flyer XD40 (Cummins L9/ Allison B400R6)

3100 - 3150: 2019-2020 Novabus LFS 60102 Artic HEV (Cummins B6.7/ BAe Systems Hybridrive HDS-200 Series-E)

Community Bus Fleet

2001 - 2110: 2018 Grande West Vicinity 35’ (Cummins B6.7/ ZF Ecomat)

2111 - 2120: 2019 ADL/ New Flyer Enviro 200/ MiDi 35’ (Cummins ISB6.7/ Allison B300R5)

Subway Rolling Stock

Pink Line: Bombardier Innovia APM 100

Red, Magenta, Green, Blue, Brown: Bombardier 7100 series (a mix of the R160 (traction Motor, interior, controls)and WMATA 7000 series (body, cab)

LRT Rolling Stock

T100A - T160B: 2018 Bombardier Flexity Freedom (extended) (6 cars)

Used on Windsor Street LRT (WLRT)

Routes

*Please note that this is going by what I made on the 2020-2021 map I’m posting on the 27th (made it myself I might add)*

49 Queen West (WB to LFCIA (Lincoln-Francis County International Airport, EB to Queen West LincTrans Commuter Station)

50 Middle York South (NB to Middle York Centre via Myata, SB to London Beach)

51 Saturn Drive (WB to Lincoln General Hospital, EB to Queen East Red Line Station)

52 West Hill (WB to Yorkmeadow Hospital, EB to West Hill Red Line Station)

53 Huntington Beach (NB to King via Ocean Shore, SB to Huntington Beach)

54 Yorkleigh (WB to Old Middle York, EB to Yorkmeadow WLRT Station)

55 Brooklyne South (NB to Clarendon Hill Red/Brown Line Station, SB to Queen East Red Line Station)

66 Myata (NB to Collingwood, SB to London Beach Magenta Line Station)

76 Clarendon West (WB to Clarendon West LincTrans Commuter Station, EB to Clarendon WLRT Station)

77 Clarendon East (WB to Clarendon WLRT Station, EB to East Yorkmeadow Terminal)

80 Middle York North (NB to North Lincoln Regional Airport, SB to Clarendon West LincTrans Commuter Station)

155 Market

156 Morningstar

157 Collingwood 

158 Sussex

160 Yorkmeadow College Shuttle 

183 Yorkmeadow West 

185 Yorkmeadow East 

194 Windsor

The ones without destinations to be finished later

Fares

Children 13 and younger Ride Free

Student (14 - 19): $1.30

Adult: $2.05

Seniors: $1.10 (or Free under the supervision of a PSW)

@GTAtransit_photography on Instagram.

2 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I’m trying to post here every month, but here’s a full transit update on the city of Lincoln

Sounds cool

Community Bus Fleet

2001 - 2110: 2018 Grande West Vicinity 35’ (Cummins B6.7/ ZF Ecomat)

2111 - 2120: 2019 ADL/ New Flyer Enviro 200/ MiDi 35’ (Cummins ISB6.7/ Allison B300R5)

Does that mean smaller buses for routes with less service, or areas where larger buses are problematic (e.g. due to narrow roads), or are these special routes run on behalf of local boroughs or neighborhoods? Just curious.

Subway Rolling Stock

Pink Line: Bombardier Innovia APM 100

Red, Magenta, Green, Blue, Brown: Bombardier 7100 series (a mix of the R160 (traction Motor, interior, controls)and WMATA 7000 series (body, cab)

What are these subways like? What voltage? Standard gauge? I take it Pink Line has newer trains than the others.

Routes

*Please note that this is going by what I made on the 2020-2021 map I’m posting on the 27th (made it myself I might add)*

Bold numbers...are those the newest? Or is there some other significance?

Forgive all my questions. Curiosity only kills cats

5 hours ago, Ra'akone said:

For your "Second System", what standards do they use for electrification? And loading gauge? Were they built to completely different standards than the other lines?

Electrification is 600 volts third rail for everything except the light rail.

The "BRL" and Second System both have the same loading gauge (maximum car length 67') and standard track gauge (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in). Second System trains are optimized for crowding so they have more doors per car than the other divisions but otherwise can run anywhere on the network that uses standard gauge. The MFL and Light Rail divisions both use Pennsylvania Trolley gauge (5 ft 2 1⁄4 in) except for the NHSL which is also standard gauge.

2 hours ago, Ra'akone said:

Sounds cool

Does that mean smaller buses for routes with less service, or areas where larger buses are problematic (e.g. due to narrow roads), or are these special routes run on behalf of local boroughs or neighborhoods? Just curious.

What are these subways like? What voltage? Standard gauge? I take it Pink Line has newer trains than the others.

Bold numbers...are those the newest? Or is there some other significance?

Forgive all my questions. Curiosity only kills cats

It’s alright, I’m pretty used to many questions, I’m going to answer them to the best of my ability

A. The 35 footers are for Community Bus Service, but something like that yes. Because most of the community bus routes except for the 301 and 307 that are serviced by the New Flyer XDE40s are mostly on side streets.

B. Most are third rail, except for the Sand Line which coexists with LincTrans Commuter, what I mean LincTrans Commuter operates the Sand Line, but is management by LincTrans Metro so it’s a DMU operating the route. The gauge since the body of the heavier rail vehicles are similar to the 7000 Series of WMATA, it’s the same gauge of 4 feet and 8 1/4 inches.

C. It’s the newest, I’m still working on it, because I forgot to implement the 800 series Express Services (similar to the TTC’s 900 series), but I do intend to post sometime towards the end of the month.

I've been trying making my own transit stuff recently, mostly in Google My Maps as I can't find another good mapping system (please tell me if you have a better one, because My Maps is very tedious). My projects have been some stuff around Vancouver and Seattle - the two cities I live in, but I'm not sure it's good lol. I can share some things here later, but not sure if it'd be welcomed as the networks here seem to be more imaginary-ish. I also haven't worked out a lot of the important details like fleets, specifications of those fleets, etc.

23 hours ago, Zortan said:

I've been trying making my own transit stuff recently, mostly in Google My Maps as I can't find another good mapping system (please tell me if you have a better one, because My Maps is very tedious). My projects have been some stuff around Vancouver and Seattle - the two cities I live in, but I'm not sure it's good lol. I can share some things here later, but not sure if it'd be welcomed as the networks here seem to be more imaginary-ish. I also haven't worked out a lot of the important details like fleets, specifications of those fleets, etc.

Try the TransLink dreams thread. I post quite a bit in there too.

It's welcome in this thread too though!

45 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Try the TransLink dreams thread. I post quite a bit in there too.

It's welcome in this thread too though!

I'll check it out, thanks!

OK in a few days/weeks/months I'll post my ideal Seattle and surrounding cities transit network. And yes, I'm prepared to have it crapped on - it's my first big project that I've tried.

Anyway in the meantime, I had a couple ideas regarding North Shore bus routes. Specifically, the other two ski mountains that aren't served by transit. Every time I go, I see massive parking lots filled with cars, so demand for the mountains is certainly there (if people can abandon their cars long enough lol). I know there would be some issues with having buses on those windy two-lanes in the snow, and there are many empty spaces meaning the routes wouldn't really serve the local community much, but I still feel like it could work out if they tried it (with a decently high frequency).

Mt. Seymour:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p1Q569uy6-9BvKE_SsxVI0wQrjuSInAd

Cypress:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vAFMCTrEWHR3zBnvaT7cTlh-stYIgUtY&usp=sharing

And yes, I'm sure these aren't great either, but I would love some feedback :)

So here's my (very unfinished) Seattle Area future map:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DiXqxeTqFvrziMoj-u98IM3CJGKxbfb7&usp=sharing

Unfortunately I just found out that My Maps limits you to 10,000 points with 2,000 per layer, so I might have to figure out some way of splitting this map into multiple maps (maybe just moving each layer into its own new map). If there's a better mapping tool out there, I'd definitely appreciate some info on it :)

I also created a future Link map. This is a slightly older version - there are a few modifications I made which are reflected in the entire transit map above - basically just moving a few stations for better connectivity / more dense areas.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DiXqxeTqFvrziMoj-u98IM3CJGKxbfb7&usp=sharing

Let me know what you think. I'm sure it's not going to be a favorite around here since I'm so inexperienced with this, but I thought it would be cool to share with you all to see what you think and what I can improve on it. I'm working on a spreadsheet with more info on the routes including frequencies etc. but haven't gotten that far yet.

16 hours ago, runaway_railfan_1119 said:

Dis UP never seen where I live, which is a major BNSF hub. My SS teacher's Grandfather worked here, ironing out "flats"

image001.png

I think that you should try the lanstrafiken MAN lion's city Articulated bus

Image result for länstrafiken

These are not supposed to be here.

This is rather for "what-if" TS's and fictional companies.

Speaking about trains the way you're doing should be addressed to the subforum about trains, while the bus suggestion you have put up, if it is for a paper model, then it should be addressed to the Paperbus Thread.

Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:29 AM, Kashiwazaki said:

These are not supposed to be here.

This is rather for "what-if" TS's and fictional companies.

Speaking about trains the way you're doing should be addressed to the subforum about trains, while the bus suggestion you have put up, if it is for a paper model, then it should be addressed to the Paperbus Thread.

Just saying...

sorry.

You can tell I'm new here!

The Oregon Passenger System is an inter city rail system that runs passenger trains in Oregon.

the system consists of 5 train routes witch are as followed.

the Willamette Valley runs between Eugene and Wilsonville. (uses three 5 car trainsets)

the Forest Grove runs between Wilsonville and Forest Grove. (uses one 3 car trainset)

the Ashland runs between Eugene and Ashland. (uses three 5 car trainsets)

the Deschutes (named after the river it parallels for part of the route) runs between Portland and Bend. (uses five 5 car trainsets)

the Astorian runs between Portland and Astoria. (uses one 3 car trainset

the fleet consists of US Railcar DMUs and passenger cars configured into 3 and 5 car trainsets.

passenger consist is as followed.

5 car trainset: DMU-coach-dining car-coach-DMU.

3 car trainset: DMU-coach-DMU.

map legend 

green=Willamette Valley

blue=Forest Grove

pink=Ashland

red=Deschutes

orange=Astorian

IMG_2659.JPG

DMU trainset

IMG_2664.PNG

NEWMAN TRANSIT NEWS

MARCH 13, 2020

LIMITING OF TRANSIT SERVICE

Effective March 14, 2020, until further notice, the Republic of Yorkland will be instituting restrictions on travel and movement in order to contain the spread of the novel COVID-19 coronavirus, which has infected just under 150 confirmed people in the nation and over 140,000 globally. Though the country has not yet been hit as much as continental European nations, the government has decided that the time to act is now, before the spread of the virus gets more severe.

The country will be closing its borders to non residents and imposing mandatory quarantine for anyone returning from abroad. The country will also be closing international airports (private and cargo flights will not be limited), after a several day time period when flights containing Yorkish nationals have returned to the country. No flights out of the country will be permitted as soon as the restrictions go into place. Social and cultural facitilies such as bars, clubs, movie theatres, concert halls, gyms, and restaurants will be shut down effective immediately. All international train and bus service is cancelled, except for cargo trains. Road-based international haulage is also not restricted, to secure supplies for the nation going forward.

Schools will be open, but in an extremely limited, non-educational capacity only: they will serve as child care centres for children of parents who have essential jobs (such as those in public health). All other students will be required to stay home. Companies are required to keep any worker who is able to perform their duties remotely home – parents who are unable to work from home with young children will be entitled to compensation. Non-essential public servants will also be sent home, with compensation. All public events and gatherings of 10 people or more are prohibited until further notice, with police enforcement. Shopping centres will operate in limited capacities: only grocery stores, drug stores, and pharmacies will be opened. General movement of individuals outside is not yet restricted, but is discouraged.

To this end, Newman Transit will, until further notice, be running a scaled back version of transit service, with the majority of routes operating on work day – school break schedules, except for the ones listed below, which will have their schedules further modified to account for lesser demand:

All-day routes and branches will operate. Rush hour extras, and the majority of routes which are otherwise limited in their service hours – such as those that serve educational institutions – will not operate. Exceptions will be made for routes servicing wastewater treatment plants. This means that the following routes or branches will be inactive:

-3 (all branches)

-6 (all branches)

-21 (branches 21C,F)

-28 (branches 28B,C)

-35 (branch 35F)

-36 (branch 36C)

-45 (branch 45A)

-47 (branch 47D)

-50 (branch 50B)

-52 (branch 52C)

-53 (all branches)

-54 (branch 54K)

-58 (branches 58A,B)

-60 (branch 60A)

-103 (rush hour extensions to Newman Station)

All stops which are currently request stops will be serviced by every vehicle, which will be required to open all doors, both to prevent passengers from having to touch the door request buttons, and to air out the vehicle of harmful viruses and bacteria. In addition, all vehicles idling at terminals will be required to open all their doors to further air out the vehicle, and upon returning to their home depot, they will undergo a heavy clean.

Front door boarding will continue to be disallowed on all vehicles, as it has been since March 5, to prevent potentially infected passengers from directly crossing paths with the driver. This ban will now include physical barriers: a tarpaulin, usually used to block off broken doors, will be placed in the area just beyond the driver's workstation, and vehicles will stop with their front doors beyond the stop marker, so as to avoid passengers from getting on through those doors.

The operating routes will be serviced exclusively by low floor vehicles until regular service resumes – wheelchair lift equipped vehicles are banned from use, unless there is an extreme supply problem with low floor or inaccessible high floor cars. The reason for this is that in the event of a failure, a ramp can be dealt with quicker than a wheelchair lift, thereby minimizing the driver's exposure to passengers.

Night service will continue to operate as it currently does.

These preventive measures will be in place for a minimum of one month, but may be in place longer depending on how the public health situation progresses. It is expected that even if these measures are effective at containing the virus on the island, borders will be closed until the situation is under control in the rest of Europe.

KAGUYA/Kashiwazaki Coaster News

KAGUYA Luxury Highway Bus - the decision has been made to suspend services for cruise liners visiting Japan, including serving any offshore islands, including two of the main islands - Kyushu and Shikoku - as well as southern Honshu, in a bid to try limiting any possible 'transport' of the COVID-19 virus outbreak from our vehicles, even though they are thoroughly disinfected after every day of service; this is either performed by the maintenance crew or the drivers, depending on the circumstances.

KAGUYA New & Used Solutions/Kashiwazaki Coaster - in line with the present emergency plans from the Japan National Diet to counter the COVID-19 spread, we decided to suspend both our production lines in Toya City (Hokkaido) and southeastern Setagaya Ward in Tokyo (Central Honshu), and the current construction of what would be our first one overseas (Italy), at least until the situation is controlled enough.

This includes suspension on the current manufactures and sending all staff off for as long as the National Diet considers it is unsafe to work in these environments (our facility in Setagaya alone employs more than 450, more than any other).

For any customers needing their vehicles into a fixed deadline, the only way is to transfer midway work into leased facilities in Germany, though that may inflate on the final price of their vehicle(s), due to transportation costs, although our partner RKK Line has agreed to lease their car carrierMIYARABI II」for Kaguya Cruise to operate her for as long as our facilities are closed.

For any customers decided on cancelling orders, we have set up a specific department in our after-sales service to help you get your refund.

We take advantage of this moment to thank you for your understanding, and most importantly for your continued preference and investment on Japan's best and most quality oriented manufacturer.

SMRT News

We are working closely with Health officials to ensure the wellness of our guests and staff. As stated by Health Canada, the risk remains low and to that end, service will remain normal. All our buses, trams, and subway cars are undergoing significant cleaning and disinfecting during this time. Please be mindful of other guests and follow the recommended health guidelines outlined by Health Canada and Alberta Health Services. As conditions can change at anytime we will keep everyone notified of any changes to transit. Thank you for your cooperation during this time and as always, the safety of our guests and staff remain our #1 priority.

On an unrelated note:

We are rolling out new announcements to our entire system to improve communication with guests and those who are visually impaired. Here's how things will change:

• Buses
    • Current [CAD]: "8th Street Terminal" | "Stop Requested. Please use the rear doors"
    • New [CAD and External Speakers]: "8th Street Terminal. Transfer to subways and trams." | "Stop Request. Use rear doors" | "Route A100 to Rockaway" 
  • Trams
    • Current: None, unless specified by tram drivers
    • New [CAD]: Similar to buses 
  • Subways
    • Current : "The Next Station is City Hall. The doors on the right side will open. Please change here for the B and E Lines"
    • New: "Next stop: City Hall. Change for B and E Lines. Doors open on the right"
  • Stations
    • Current: chime "The next train approaching is for 8th Street. Please stand clear of the platform doors" OR "The next train approaching is for Evergreen. Please stand behind the platform edge"
    • New: chime "Next train: A line to 8th Street. Please mind the platform doors" OR "Next train: F line to Evergreen. Please mind the platform edge"

LincTrans (Lincoln Metropolitan Area Transit Authority)

Updates/News

News

• The newest CAD/AVL got a new format in its recent update on February 29, 2020.

The current format is: 

Next stop: Bridgepoint Boulevard at Windsor Street. Connection to the 401 Windsor streetcar|(Stop Request) Please exit the rear doors. There is external announcements but it’s short, here’s an example of the 49: “49A Queen West to Fairvale via Queen West and Greenboro”

The new format is similar to the TTC’s default VISION: 

Announcements: Next stop: Middle York Road. Bus Connection. Connection to LincTrans Commuter Airport and West Lincoln lines.|(Stop Request) Stop Requested “When exiting the vehicle, please exit through the rear doors. Please remember to take all of your belongings. 

External Announcements: “route 49A Queen West, westbound to Fairvale via Queen West and Greenboro”

A similar system is currently being installed on the Streetcars. Any new buses will have the update of this system on it automatically, except for community buses, that will have the original system due to complications to on test unit 2005. 

Due to COVID-19, we’re reducing services as well as temporarily laying off workers.

The new 804 Airport Express bus debuts March 19, 2020. The route will be out of the South Yorkmeadow and will be using the New Flyer XDE60s and NovaBus LFX 60102 Artics

NEWMAN TRANSIT

APRIL 7, 2020 NEWS

The current spread of COVID-19 in the Republic of Yorkland remains, largely, stable. Widespread testing nation-wide has not revealed a significant increase in the number of nationwide cases, with the number growing from 147 cases on March 13 to 650 cases on April 6, with no deaths.

Health authorities have praised the response of the nation to the restrictions placed upon them, and are optimistic that the virus' spread could be contained in the near future if current restrictions continue to be followed. To that end, ridership on Newman Transit has declined further, with an average daily drop of 80% for daytime routes, and 98% on night-time routes.

Though transit had hoped to continue running service as regularly as possible, a decision has been made to cut back frequencies on less important routes, in order to save on resources, or to be able to redirect them onto key routes where they could be utilized more effectively.

Starting March 14, all routes in the city, with the exception of the following, were operating on a standard work day – school break schedule. The following routes had their schedules further modified in order to account for further decreased demand:

As of April 9, non-key routes will have their frequencies further scaled back. The following routes are identified as non-key routes, and they will have their frequencies scaled back as follows:

N.B. - At all times does not include night service, which continues to be unaffected

This route will operate every 20 minutes at all times.

This route will operate every 30 minutes during the daytime, and every 60 minutes during the evenings.

This route will operate every 60 minutes at all times.

23+24

These routes will operate every 15 minutes during the peak periods and midday, and every 30 minutes during the evenings and at all times on weekends.

This route will operate every 30 minutes at all times.

Service on branch 44 (Avion Shopping Park – McNaughton) will operate every 30 minutes at all times. Service on branch 44C (Avion Shopping Park – Otley via McNaughton) will continue to operate every 60 minutes at all times.

This route will operate every 30 minutes during the daytime, and every 60 minutes during the evenings.

Service on branch 56 (Trnava Terminal – Warbler Valley) will operate every 60 minutes at all times. Service on branch 56H (Trnava Terminal – Poplarville) will continue to operate every 60 minutes at all times, leading to a combined 30 minute frequency on shared segments of the route.

All preventive measures implemented by Newman Transit continue to be in effect: all request stops are served at all times by every vehicle, which are required to open all doors, rather than requiring passengers to touch the door request buttons, and front door boarding continues to be disallowed. All vehicles are receiving heavy cleaning on a daily basis.

As a reminder to all customers, routes 3, 6, 10, 30, 38, 53, 221, 235, 237, and 239 are temporarily discontinued until further notice, as are branches 21C, 21F, 28B, 28C, 35F, 36C, 45A, 47D, 50B, 52C, 54K, 58A, 58B, 60A, and rush hour extensions of route 103 to Newman Station.

As of March 20, 2020, there is a ban on travelling on transit without wearing personal protective equipment (a mask, respirator, bandana, scarf, or other suitable cover), and all passengers are encouraged to wear gloves and eye protection, as well as to maintain a safe distance (two metres) from other passengers.

As of March 17, 2020, all transit-owned ticket booths are closed. Passengers who wish to purchase tickets are encouraged to either do so online, or to utilize ticket vending machines at stops.

The ban on wheelchair lift-equipped vehicles has been lifted to a limited extent. A few drivers on night routes have requested to use them, and their request has been granted, owing to the record-breaking low numbers of passengers on night routes in these times. Further lift-equipped vehicles are being cycled through night route relief runs on a weekly basis: each week, a vehicle is selected to operate as a relief vehicle for a night run, allowing night drivers to take their breaks without the risk of cross-contaminating vehicles. Wheelchair-lift equipped vehicles continue to not be used during the daytime, except in the event of a breakdown, and no low floor or inaccessible high floor vehicles are available.

49473785728_bc6327a98a_z.jpgNewman Transit Route Network - February 2020 - Day by Andrej F, on Flickr

SMRT NOTICE

Starting April 9, emergency service changes will go into effect. Since March 23, service across all systems (bus, subway, tram) has been reduced and new changes will help with reducing the risk of COVID-19. Some cuts, while extreme, are to adjust changing ridership.

Bus: All express and non-essential routes will be suspended until further notice (as was school bus routes). All other routes are running at reduced frequencies and boarding will be done AT THE REAR ENTRANCE(S). We will not accept cash fares until further notice. 

Subways: The A, D, C, G, 1, 2 and Airport express lines have been suspended until further notice. No trains will operate. The B line will no longer operate 24/7 and will instead run until 1am and reopen at 5am. A shuttle bus will be running between 1-5am (60 minute frequency). The E, F and 3 lines continue to run at 30 minute intervals.

CRS: The C1 and C2 loop lines are running at 30 minute intervals to provide replacements for the D, 1, and 2 lines. The C3 line is running at 60 minute intervals. The Calgary Commuter (C4) line has been suspended until further notice.

Trams: Tram service is suspended until further notice. Please use alternate routes.

TRTA: Bus service to and from Terwillegar Ranch will be done at reduced frequencies (30 minute headways). All other local routes are running at reduced frequencies.

Commuter Bus: Buses are running limited schedules with limited capacity due to government legislation (up to 15 passengers). As such, we will try to accomodate as much as possible, but please avoid travel unless necessary.

Ridership has fallen about 96% and these reduced changes are estimated to reduce ridership further. We recommend all passengers to avoid travel unless necessary.

As of March 27, all rides are free on all services.

ECRT COVID-19 Update

All Service is free

Plexi-glass is installed to protect the operator from the passengers

All Routes will run on a Saturday schedule Monday-Saturday

Chatham route is temporary cancelled due to St Clair College classes are online.

10 hours ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Subways: The A, D, C, G, 1, 2 and Airport express lines have been suspended until further notice. No trains will operate. The B line will no longer operate 24/7 and will instead run until 1am and reopen at 5am. A shuttle bus will be running between 1-5am (60 minute frequency). The E, F and 3 lines continue to run at 30 minute intervals.

The subway lines still running, are the stations staffed? Especially the underground ones?

In the UK and Ai'a'ivea, it's the law that underground stations have to be staffed, and any station, regardless of its location, there must be staff if all entrances/exits are to be gated (The "Metro" in Newcastle had several stations lose their gates because of this, and the Docklands Light Railway is mostly unstaffed, therefore, no gates)

10 hours ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

CRS: The C1 and C2 loop lines are running at 30 minute intervals to provide replacements for the D, 1, and 2 lines. The C3 line is running at 60 minute intervals. The Calgary Commuter (C4) line has been suspended until further notice.

What does CRS stand for?

11 hours ago, Ra'akone said:

The subway lines still running, are the stations staffed? Especially the underground ones?

In the UK and Ai'a'ivea, it's the law that underground stations have to be staffed, and any station, regardless of its location, there must be staff if all entrances/exits are to be gated (The "Metro" in Newcastle had several stations lose their gates because of this, and the Docklands Light Railway is mostly unstaffed, therefore, no gates)

Stations that must remain open will have staff on site for lines that are still active. Other stations are only staffed by essential staff (i.e. technicians, security guards)

The 3 Line runs completely automated and thus does not have any staff (only those in case of emergency)

11 hours ago, Ra'akone said:

What does CRS stand for?

Commuter Rail Service. The regional rail company

Hey guys - I have made my own rapid transit system for Seattle - I'd really appreciate it if you can check it out :)  - I made a separate thread for it in this Lounge. Thanks!