Kingston 7828 about to be retired

D40LF

Have heard that ex Cornwall New Look 7828 is due to be retired in September.

This is the last active New Look in service in Kingston.

Saw the bus on Monday and its body is starting to rust in spots while the paint is peeling off.

So if you want photos of it come now, I doubt Kingston is going to buy another second hand New Look anytime soon!

That's sad to hear about the Cornwall New Look retiring :o . How much life do the two Cornwall Classics still have left ? Any new maps or schedules in store for September ?

New maps are scheduled to come out in September.

The three ex Cornwall Classics are still running in service, with no plans to retire them yet, that I know off!

Well, it's a good thing I had the chance to take pics of it when I passed through there in July. Saw it three times, once on the Tuesday going to T.O. and twice on the Saturday coming back to MTL. If you haven't seen the pics yet, which I doubt, they're on my site in the Kingston Transit collection.

I already saw them, thanks.

I have to wonder how long 7866 will remain there before it is disposed off.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the KT garage yesterday and 7828 looks to be in great shape. Its parked outside and is the first bus in the second row. Its all ready to hit the road tomorrow for back to school. There was no rust or paint peeling off at all. Altough, the tags on it are valid to September 2006 only!

I doubt they would have sent it away to be repainted so quickly.

When I stood next to it on August 21, drivers side only, there was signs of corrosion and patches of peeled paint.

I just remembered that it had just came out of the bus wash. Maybe that fooled me because it looked much cleaner.