CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

Sign in to follow this  
Canadian National

Ottawa Region Emergency Vehicle Discussions.

a bit off topic but can anyone identify which cities the following two vehicles belonged to before City of Ottawa took over everything.PA210057.JPGPA210049.JPG

The first one is actually Gloucester, but the second one either Cumberland or Nepean, or something else, I'm not sure.

From what I remember the only City of Kanata Fire trucks left are: 2 1999 Spartan/Almonte and 1 2002 Spartan/Almonte

I think, please correct me if I'm wrong

For anyone who has thought that the plane that randomly flys around high profile events is a police plane, they are indeed correct.

In 2001 the province and federal government bought a Cessna for the Ottawa Police Service. There is an image of this plane right on the City of Ottawa's website under the Aerial Enforcement page.

Reason they have kept it looking like a civilian plane is so when you see a plane, it looks civilian. Also when flying over in search of drugs, it looks like a civilian as well.

Check out this Firetruck in action. Taken yesterday on a side street off of Aylmer & Bank Street.

firetrucks_at_aylmer_bank.png

nice HME pumper

Ladder 13 returning to Station 13 after responding to a call. Enjoy!

IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

nice E-One Cyclone Quint

Whats the body maker on that 2 nd Spartan?

Almonte Fire Trucks (Was located in Carleton Place Ontario, but Seagrave has bought them)

The Bronto Skylifts that used to be appart of the OFS along with one of the original OFD pumpers:

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

Hmm, is that an OC Transpo Orion-Ikarus III I see?

Yes, 8529. It was supposed to be a part donor for 8501 before they both got scrapped.

Almonte Fire Trucks (Was located in Carleton Place Ontario, but Seagrave has bought them)

The Bronto Skylifts that used to be appart of the OFS along with one of the original OFD pumpers:

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

Are they still used as spares/reserve fleet?

Are they still used as spares/reserve fleet?

The Brontos are decommissioned, the Pacific in the below photo has been scrapped.

AFAIK yes there are still Reserve units at stations. I plan on doing a bit more fire truck photography and will be able to get a straight answer.

Here is the line up at Station 81 (Stitsville)

L81-Pierce Lance ex?

IMG_7083.JPG

P81B- 1999 International/Superior

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

A unassigned rescue- International/AFI

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

P81- 2002-2004 HME/Fort Gary

IMG_7091.JPG

T81- Freightliner FL80/??

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7094.JPG

To answer your previous question TheAverageJoe: Reserve is not used on the station magnet on the trucks anymore, they now use a "B" like in the pictures above.

Enjoy!

A couple of new pictures, first of the units at Station 41 (Eagleson road)

P41- 2008 Spartan/Thibault

IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

PT41- 2008 Spartan/Thibault

IMG_7108.JPG

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG

And a old OFS ex. OFD pump turned into a cube truck:

IMG_7098.JPG

IMG_7102.JPG

IMG_7105.JPG

Here is the line up at Station 81 (Stitsville)

A unassigned rescue- International/AFI

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

You know, I poked my head in here to see if anyone knew what happened to the old City of Nepean rescue that used to stage out of Barrhaven, but that's completely it. No doubt in my mind. Looks like it's been nicely updated since the late '90's. It used to have single red beacons on the little platforms on either side of the rear doors. Good to see it still around. Still my favourite rig.

All readly delivered are a multi year contract with KME with 12 + 4 pumpers for the first year. An International / Carl Thibault (1250/2500) Tanker has been delivered to replace the current Tanker 81.