C2045

Pacific Coach Lines

Some shots of the final run of the corss water from PCL on January 31st. PCL #3004 did the final run from Vancouver to Victoria at 15:30. Nice waves from the driver too!

24673403851_132265bc88_k.jpgPacific Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #3004 "Final Crosswater Run"-17 by Dannny29, on Flickr

24649176232_a6f15dbaea_k.jpgPacific Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #3004 "Final Crosswater Run"-14 by Dannny29, on Flickr

24399406669_a57b96f3f7_k.jpgPacific Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #3004 "Final Crosswater Run"-11 by Dannny29, on Flickr

24767303685_9bb2ee158d_k.jpgPacific Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #3004 "Final Crosswater Run"-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

More shots on my flickr! Enjoy!

22 hours ago, translink fan said:

I actually saw that same bus few days ago and it already has the PCL paint scheme on it!

Wow...I thought PCL downsized their fleet when they gave up the crosswater service? I know they do YVR-Vancouver to Whistler service but is that their only scheduled service now.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎10 at 2:22 PM, roeco said:

Wow...I thought PCL downsized their fleet when they gave up the crosswater service? I know they do YVR-Vancouver to Whistler service but is that their only scheduled service now.

Believe they still offer YVR-Tsawwassen service to connect to Wilson's Vancouver - Victoria bus.

Pacific Coach Lines will no longer be doing the YVR to Whistler run. YVR awarded the service to Universal Coach Lines. Last day for PCL for the run will be December 31st.

18 hours ago, translink fan said:

Pacific Coach Lines will no longer be doing the YVR to Whistler run. YVR awarded the service to Universal Coach Lines. Last day for PCL for the run will be December 31st.

Holy crap that’s big news! I wonder what would happen to PCL now and whether they would go under like Perimeter did...

21 hours ago, translink fan said:

Wow.. I thought Wilsons would have jumped all over it!!   But PCL Still has their Vancouver to Whistler service.

21 hours ago, translink fan said:

Will this effect the Tsawassen Ferry to YVR service PCL currently operates connecting with BC Ferry connector. Almost makes you think Pacific Coach should expand North!!

On 9/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, Prevost said:

Holy crap that’s big news! I wonder what would happen to PCL now and whether they would go under like Perimeter did...

Not sure what is going to happen at PCL. Some good guys in the shop I know over there. Will have to wait and see. 

23 hours ago, roeco said:

Wow.. I thought Wilsons would have jumped all over it!!   But PCL Still has their Vancouver to Whistler service.

I kind of get how Universal got it. They do already run the "Jet Set" parking shuttle and Air Canada shuttle and such out of YVR. So they kind of had their foot in the door. But was also told PCL was trying to negotiate a better deal with YVR. Won't go into details what though out of respect.

Been announced that PCL will shut down March 31st, 2019. Several buses have been sold already and things will start to slowly shut down in the coming months.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, translink fan said:

Been announced that PCL will shut down March 31st, 2019. Several buses have been sold already and things will start to slowly shut down in the coming months.

The end of an era.  Just checked with someone I know for confirmation.  Apparently CBL (or whatever groups of companies it is), has purchased some of the equipment

Ouch. :(

Are there any motorcoach transport companies left in Vancouver that are unionized? As much as I'm pro-union, I wonder if that contributed to their untimely demise... It feels like the motorcoach transport market is super competitive...

2 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Ouch. :(

Are there any motorcoach transport companies left in Vancouver that are unionized? As much as I'm pro-union, I wonder if that contributed to their untimely demise... It feels like the motorcoach transport market is super competitive...

I believe the Drivers at Wilson’s are unionized.  But not the company as a whole

14 hours ago, translink fan said:

Not a surprise...Cantrail and PCL are affiliated only difference is I believe Cantrail is non union. Did any buses get transferred to Cantrail?

9 hours ago, roeco said:

Not a surprise...Cantrail and PCL are affiliated only difference is I believe Cantrail is non union. Did any buses get transferred to Cantrail?

No buses transferred so far. Can't transfer a PCL bus to Cantrail. The union would put up a big stink about it.

23 hours ago, translink fan said:

No buses transferred so far. Can't transfer a PCL bus to Cantrail. The union would put up a big stink about it.

No but couldn't they sell them!

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, translink fan said:

So who will do Twawassen to Airport service?? 

4 hours ago, roeco said:

No but couldn't they sell them!

So who will do Twawassen to Airport service?? 

Wouldn't want to buy a bus that's been up and down Sea to Sky all it's life accumulating all that salt and corrosion. The money you spend to buy the bus, you're better off buying brand new from Prevost. Bunch of PCL buses got sold to CBL and Cross Canada Coach.

2 hours ago, canuck600 said:

Didn't Wilson's get Twawassen to the airport when they took over the cross water service from PCL?

Universal is running the Tsawassen to YVR shuttle along with Skylynx. 

2 days left. CBL/ TRAXX has bought couple of the XL-II's. Cross Canada Coach has bought 3 of the older H3-45's. 3018 off the top of my head as one of them. 3019 has been bought by Perimeter. 3027 has been transferred to Cantrail. Will be Cantrail 463. Rest of the buses that have not been sold are going to be stored. As for what will happen after, I'm not sure.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, translink fan said:

2 days left. CBL/ TRAXX has bought couple of the XL-II's. Cross Canada Coach has bought 3 of the older H3-45's. 3018 off the top of my head as one of them. 3019 has been bought by Perimeter. 3027 has been transferred to Cantrail. Will be Cantrail 463. Rest of the buses that have not been sold are going to be stored. As for what will happen after, I'm not sure.

VTT purchased 3 XL2s and 3 H345s. Quick bought 1 H345.