Pacific Coach Lines

C2045

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

George now works for PCL, so expect greater amounts of photos and info from me starting very soon!

I know that we've picked up at least 5 or 7 ex-Perimeter H3-45s, depending on whose story to believe. They will be numbered 3021 and up, and according to a driver I spoke on the phone with about half an hour ago, they'll be the first PCL equipment to use the ZF transmission. He drove 3019 up to Whistler on his sked today and it does not have a ZF in it, nor 3020.

Spotted three ex-Perimeter H345s today. Thus far I have:

752 = 3021

753 = 3022

754 = 3023

3021 used to wear the APT World Discoveries scheme, this has been removed except for the "paint splash" colours. Photo here.

The other two are all white. The funniest part of this whole thing is that since these are the first ZF buses for PCL, and they came at "rather short notice", the drivers have not yet been trained on the operation of a ZF bus. That means that the only drivers who are currently qualified to drive them are the ex-Perimeter drivers! :P

Probably the only way a ex Perimeter driver would show up on Victoria run is if the trip went to a second or third section. How many PCL drivers vs ex Perimeter drivers are doing Whistler George? How do the Cantrail Drivers fit in? Is it a totally seperate stand alone company with its own senority system?

Hmm, maybe I lied! This afternoon there was a last-minute bus change. A driver with no ZF training was switched out of 3012 for his Whistler run, and given 3021 instead. It was his first time ever driving one. He seemed completely blown away by how different it felt compared to the ubiquitous Allisons.

Alright, so here's the final list:

3021 = 752

3022 = 753

3023 = 754

3024 = 755

3025 = 756

3026 = 757

I have also been told that two ex-Perimeter buses went to Cantrail. I've received conflicting information on which ones, though. One source suggested that they were the other two ZF-equipped H3-45s, 758 and 759, which are both equipped with wheelchair lifts. Another source seems to think that it was the two remaining Perimeter DL3s (503 and 510) that went to Cantrail. Since Whistler overload trips are often covered by Cantrail, I have been keeping my eye on the Whistler bookout sheets for unusual bus numbers, but thus far haven't turned up anything other than the usual H3-45s and XL-IIs.

Alright, so here's the final list:

3021 = 752

3022 = 753

3023 = 754

3024 = 755

3025 = 756

3026 = 757

I have also been told that two ex-Perimeter buses went to Cantrail. I've received conflicting information on which ones, though. One source suggested that they were the other two ZF-equipped H3-45s, 758 and 759, which are both equipped with wheelchair lifts. Another source seems to think that it was the two remaining Perimeter DL3s (503 and 510) that went to Cantrail. Since Whistler overload trips are often covered by Cantrail, I have been keeping my eye on the Whistler bookout sheets for unusual bus numbers, but thus far haven't turned up anything other than the usual H3-45s and XL-IIs.

Hmm... I wonder where Ex-Perimeter #'s 750, 751 have gone to?

A driver passed on a message from a source that 750 and/or 751 are still parked at Perimeter's old yard on Barnard. Today I noted that a bus list now comprises 3027 and 3028, which are more than likely ex-Perimeter 758 and 759. That must mean it was the two DLs that went to Cantrail. This actually strikes me as kind of odd, since Cantrail's existing fleet is almost 100% Prevost with the exception of the West Coast Express buses, I'd have thought either the two lift-equipped ZF H3-45s or 750/751 would suit their needs better.

I confirmed yesterday that 759 is at PCL, it was sitting in the yard still wearing its Perimeter attire. Here is a photo of 3023, which is ex-Perimeter 754.

On another note, does anybody happen know anything about PCL owning or leasing cutaways?! One of my coworkers claims to have seen a cutaway in PCL scheme at YVR not so long ago, but I haven't seen or heard anything. I'm wondering if I ought to go have a look at the yard...