MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

2015-2016 Nova LFS #8245 is supposedly back in service according to NYCT forums. Keep your eyes out for it.

Bus did see service last night. I believe it was on the S53.. So, yes 1 bus so far survived Ida.

1 hour ago, Len90 said:

Given the damage I believe all the buses that they are trying to repair are at Yukon or Charleston. I don’t think the shop is open at all at castleton. 

That is correct.. Castelton's shop suffered damage during the storm from the pictures that was posted at Staten Island Advance newspaper.

55 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Any other buses damaged from this storm?

Besides the ones listed... Not to my knowledge

18 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

That is correct.. Castelton's shop suffered damage during the storm from the pictures that was posted at Staten Island Advance newspaper.

Besides the ones listed... Not to my knowledge

There's a video of a Fresh Ponds Depot XD40 or 2 driving threw floor waters around Gates Ave.

• Like 1

2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrid #6693 apparently broke down last night while working the M4. That unit might be done. Also, 2009 Orion 7.501 NG hybrid #4209 is currently at LGA depot of all places, getting engine work done. Not retired.

50 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

There's a video of a Fresh Ponds Depot XD40 or 2 driving threw floor waters around Gates Ave.

7751 I believe was one of the buses that flooded for Fresh Pond... That's being worked on at FP Maintenance and NOT SCRAP.  If additional work is needed than It's Grand Ave CMF most likely.

On a personal note: I think the Brooklyn Division needs another CMF. Although, Jackie Gleason has covered for East New York and Grand Avenue in the past and can act as a CMF, but somewhere like Floyd Bennett Field would be a good CMF facility and future home for Flatbush Depot.

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

9590-9594  delivered to Michael J Quill.

Start getting your NG pictures.. Those 3900's are going to the scrap yard.

They are supposed to go to MTA bus. Not to scrap. I think most of #3800-3959 are supposed to go to MTA bus Company to retire #3500-3783 as most of those are still in service.

I don't know about the other NG hybrids though...

4 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

7751 I believe was one of the buses that flooded for Fresh Pond... That's being worked on at FP Maintenance and NOT SCRAP.  If additional work is needed than It's Grand Ave CMF most likely.

On a personal note: I think the Brooklyn Division needs another CMF. Although, Jackie Gleason has covered for East New York and Grand Avenue in the past and can act as a CMF, but somewhere like Floyd Bennett Field would be a good CMF facility and future home for Flatbush Depot.

I figured that ENY and Grand Ave were enough for Brooklyn and Queens. Charleston seems to be this for SI, and Zerega seems to be mostly for The Bronx and Manhattan. MF depot (NICE) used to be this for MTA Long Island bus (Nassau) also, not sure about now.

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

They are supposed to go to MTA bus. Not to scrap. I think most of #3800-3959 are supposed to go to MTA bus Company to retire #3500-3783 as most of those are still in service.

I don't know about the other NG hybrids though...

I figured that ENY and Grand Ave were enough for Brooklyn and Queens. Charleston seems to be this for SI, and Zerega seems to be mostly for The Bronx and Manhattan. MF depot (NICE) used to be this for MTA Long Island bus (Nassau) also, not sure about now.

Sometimes some of the Staten Island equipment has gone to Zerega. If Flatbush needs major work with the LFSA's. That's also to Zerega. However, ENY & GA CMF's do good work on the LFSA's.  I'm hoping the bus orders change again so that ENY can get a crack on the LFS diesels again.

19 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Sometimes some of the Staten Island equipment has gone to Zerega. If Flatbush needs major work with the LFSA's. That's also to Zerega. However, ENY & GA CMF's do good work on the LFSA's.  I'm hoping the bus orders change again so that ENY can get a crack on the LFS diesels again.

Why does Flatbush even have LFSAs anymore?

17 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

I know, but you think they'd get 9 more XD60s to ship these buses out.

I'll say this. Depending on how the Bronx re-design goes. There may be extra buses available... However, we'll see

Those LFSA's may not be leaving Flatbush anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, NYC2MTL said:

I'll say this. Depending on how the Bronx re-design goes. There may be extra buses available... However, we'll see

Those LFSA's may not be leaving anytime soon.

IIRC, there's a 100 or so electric artic bus order in the works. What's the deal with the redesign anyway? Are entire route getting eliminated again?

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Manhattanville Depot just got more 2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrids from Mother Clara Hale. #6770, #6776, #6783, #6785, and #6789 are to MV.

8 units are now left from MV vs. the 10 left from MCH.

You might want to change that.  6770, 6776, 6786 went back to Mother Clara Hale this morning.  Only 6783, 6785, 6789 will be staying at MV 

#6693 is now retired out of MV depot. Last 6600 series 2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrid to be retired from service. 

Also, 2009 Orion 7.501 NG hybrid #4209 to MTA bus (LGA depot) from CS. Total surpise there....

#6709 to MJQ and 2011 New Flyer XD40s #4856 and #4857 to Ulmer Park depot from ENY.

17 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

9594, 9599 delivered to Michael J Quill depot

1446, 1447, 1448 and 1449 delivered to Far Rockaway Depot.

2021 New Flyer XDE40 hybrids #9597, #9600 and #9605 are all assigned to MJQ depot, but only #9597 is actually there presently.

2021 Prevost #1450 and #1451 to Far Rockaway depot.

Subway update: The Test train of R211s have been doing clearance testing all around the BMT/IND divisions and at this point has done 85-90% of the system. It should see passenger service soon in the coming months with delivery commencing likely by late next summer.