hl7534

MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

None officially that i know of. They're known for being less reliable than the allisons so the original intention was to reitre all those early but they're still around soooo.. most RTS retirements are on hold because the TA needs to build up the L train shuttle fleet and any RTS retirements right now may solely be for temporary storage till the L shuttle begins, so the ZFs will probably be around for a little while

Really should have kept those 1997-1998 Novabus RTS's and 1999 Orion Vs....

9307 and 9348 are retired, the era of the 1996 rts is over in NYC. The last one to run was 9307, pulling in for the last time to LaGuardia depot on jan 8, 2019 at 10:11 AM. It was hella fun while it lasted

9307 and 9348 are retired, the era of the 1996 rts is over in NYC. The last one to run was 9307, pulling in for the last time to LaGuardia depot on jan 8, 2019 at 10:11 AM. It was hella fun while it lasted

Those buses have been in service since I was 2. Its sad to see them go, but it was time for them to be retired. In all honesty, they should have been gone by 2014-2015. Damn near 5,000 units down, about 200ish more to go.

With the L train shutdown pretty much cancelled, I suspect that all remaining DD50 powered buses (including the remaining 2004-2005 Orion VII OG CNGs) will be retired as soon as Sept 2019, depending on how fast the next batch of XD60s as well as Nova LFSAs, LFS's, the remaining XD40s, and remaining XN60s take to get here and to come online. It's possible that those remaining 2004 Orion V CNGs in Nassau could possibly outlast their city counterparts assuming NICE bus don't get anymore CNGs this year (this is technically the last full year those 1600's could operate as their tanks are also set to expire right along side the 7700s and 7800s). 

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Those buses have been in service since I was 2. Its sad to see them go, but it was time for them to be retired. In all honesty, they should have been gone by 2014-2015. Damn near 5,000 units down, about 200ish more to go.

Yeah they've needed to go for a few years now LOL. Only thing going for them frankly is that they didn't road call too much. However when you only do those Q102 shuttles and spend more time sitting in queensboro plaza than actually moving, it's kinda hard to strain the bus lmao

Yeah they've needed to go for a few years now LOL. Only thing going for them frankly is that they didn't road call too much. However when you only do those Q102 shuttles and spend more time sitting in queensboro plaza than actually moving, it's kinda hard to strain the bus lmao

One major drawback of the #8750-9349 batch is that from what I heard, they lacked a fire suppression system. I can think of at least 5 1996's that burned down over the years because of that. ( #8752- year unknown, #9099-circa 2011, #9311-circa 2014, #9260-year unknown, and #9317-circa 2015).