Jump to content
hl7534

MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ADB said:

MTA bus overhaul to include double deck pilot

The MTA will test double-deckers on an express route linking Staten Island and Manhattan, and try out an app that will allow express bus riders to check for seat availability on approaching buses.

 

11 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

Here's a photo of it:

That's a SuperLo! :o

Is it a loaner from GO Transit or a demo from ADL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

 

That's a SuperLo! :o

Is it a loaner from GO Transit or a demo from ADL?

It's a demo. It's the one from the APTA Expo.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scene on Monday, with Andy Byford.

 

 

 

 

 

41654458791_0beb6398f2_c.jpgIMG_6234 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787340187_a6a4a744a0_c.jpgIMG_6243 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

40764164625_7b1f7d4829_c.jpgIMG_6266 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787329557_010070a8e2_c.jpgIMG_6280 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787325917_33812daa65_c.jpgIMG_6290 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787324607_02fb57c111_c.jpgIMG_6292 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787317737_b955db534e_c.jpgIMG_6306 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787316067_39f204e4f4_c.jpgIMG_6311 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

26787312427_cee6a1404d_c.jpgIMG_6317 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

41654478861_b238fc1553_c.jpgIMG_6333 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

41654477621_2acfb9723c_c.jpgIMG_6337 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

41654459491_828b0af8e8_c.jpgIMG_6382 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

41654459141_d11dac2dc7_c.jpgIMG_6383 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

 

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also here waiting on the first photo of the M9 on the LIRR. A friend of mine seen them rolling thru Philly on the way up to NYC.

 

But here is a link. I think it looks like an older CTA el train car, I think the 2200 series... lol

 

https://www.railwayage.com/passenger/commuterregional/first-lirr-m-9-cars-arrive-from-ttci-testing/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

MCI's D45 CRT LE #68678 stopped by at MTA headquarters last Monday. It will run out of Ulmer Park, Yukon, Eastchester, Yonkers, and Baisley Park as #0023.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

42838338202_d7cfd3220b_c.jpgIMG_8686 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 42168290174_e4cc63a90d_c.jpgIMG_8689 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

42838337432_7e5692478e_c.jpgIMG_8690 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

42838337172_4c84c92b50_c.jpgIMG_8692 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017725707_827850f34a_c.jpgIMG_8698 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017724507_5b81e336f5_c.jpgIMG_8700 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017724067_4e953b6da5_c.jpgIMG_8701 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017722727_8a504ffbe0_c.jpgIMG_8704 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

41986207185_91d312a029_c.jpgIMG_8710 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017718547_0ff0198608_c.jpgIMG_8714 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

29014338338_ce31d74dce_c.jpgIMG_8716 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

41986203585_4b2aa5ba64_c.jpgIMG_8718 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

29014349838_670b98f1d0_c.jpgIMG_8725 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

41076351580_8c834ae160_c.jpgIMG_8732 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 28017708027_082690d5c3_c.jpgIMG_8739 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017707277_4653a827f8_c.jpgIMG_8740 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

28017703427_7629e3958a_c.jpgIMG_8749 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

41076353650_9ec422952d_c.jpgIMG_8760 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

 

41076350690_e4644cb631_c.jpgIMG_8766 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York MTA Nova Bus LFS Artic at the Nova Bus factory at Saint-Eustache, Quebec, taken today. Given that these should be built in Plattsburgh, not really sure what it is doing up here without logos or the fleet number.

New York MTA Nova Bus LFS Artic

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Does anyone know if any other NYCTA Orion V or Orion V CNG still exist somewhere intact?

ALL Orion 05.501s and 05.501 CNGs are retired. There are about 4 Orion 05.501 buses (ex-Westchester County) still active but one is a Roadeo bus and the other three are part of a NYPD training fleet...for now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

ALL Orion 05.501s and 05.501 CNGs are retired. There are about 4 Orion 05.501 buses (ex-Westchester County) still active but one is a Roadeo bus and the other three are part of a NYPD training fleet...for now.

Plus the 9 NICE bus Orion V CNGs (former MTA Long Island bus Orion V CNGs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 7:52 PM, Chris.A said:

Any updates on how the R-179s are performing? 

Well into service. 3050-3069, 3074-3189 all delivered for service, and 3010-3019 testing as of December 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MTA-(T)-Train said:

Well into service. 3050-3069, 3074-3189 all delivered for service, and 3010-3019 testing as of December 6. 

The order consist of 3010-3309 right? Are the R42s gone after next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody make sense of the renumberings of the remaining "old" 5500-5600 Artics? I see two lists out there that totally contradict each other. One has four of 5512-5530 series becoming 100-103, another has six of them becoming 1176-1181. From the 5543-5602 batch, one list has 30 becoming 110-139, the other has 35 becoming 150-184. Obviously one is a proposal, the other reality? But which one is which????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

One has four of 5512-5530 series becoming 100-103, another has six of them becoming 1176-1181. From the 5543-5602 batch, one list has 30 becoming 110-139, the other has 35 becoming 150-184. Obviously one is a proposal, the other reality? But which one is which????

The renumberings are as follows:

2002 New Flyer D60HF (100-103, 110-117, 124, 128-129, 132):

100: 5512

101: 5519

102: 5518

103: 5525

110: 5543

111: 5546

112: 5554

113: 5555

114: 5559

115: 5532

116: 5533

117: 5534

124: 5535

128: 5536

129: 5548

132: 5557 (I haven't edited this into the wiki but this was recently confirmed with license plates)

2003 New Flyer D60HF (118-119, 121-123, 126-127, 130-131, 133-135, 138-139):

118: 5572

119: 5574

121: 5577

122: 5578

123: 5601

126: 5595

127: 5599

130: 5593 (I haven't edited this into the wiki but this was recently confirmed with license plates)

131: 5567

133: 5580

134: 5583

135: 5586

138: 5598

139: 5600

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

The renumberings are as follows:

2002 New Flyer D60HF (100-103, 110-117, 124, 128-129, 132):

100: 5512

101: 5519

102: 5518

103: 5525

110: 5543

111: 5546

112: 5554

113: 5555

114: 5559

115: 5532

116: 5533

117: 5534

124: 5535

128: 5536

129: 5548

132: 5557 (I haven't edited this into the wiki but this was recently confirmed with license plates)

2003 New Flyer D60HF (118-119, 121-123, 126-127, 130-131, 133-135, 138-139):

118: 5572

119: 5574

121: 5577

122: 5578

123: 5601

126: 5595

127: 5599

130: 5593 (I haven't edited this into the wiki but this was recently confirmed with license plates)

131: 5567

133: 5580

134: 5583

135: 5586

138: 5598

139: 5600

What exactly is the point of the whole renumbering thing? Back in the old days, the MTA would wait 20 years or more before they reuse a certain number series from a retired fleet onto new buses. Now, we have XD40s running around with former Orion VII OG CNG numbers (some of which retired just a few months ago), C40LFs and Artic buses with former Orion V numbers, and Nova LFS's with former TMC and Novabus RTS #s. I mean, you have #1300-1632 totally free, as buses in that series retired years ago. #6906-6999 and #2931-2999 are more examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×