MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

26 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Also, 2013 Novabus LFSA #534x (forgot which one) was involved in an accident in the Bronx and is OOS.

Meanwhile 2012 New Flyer C40LF CNG #464 is OOS from JG due to some kind of accident (damaged windshield) while bus #587 from Spring Creek Depot is back in service after it's accident last summer.

That bus caught fire last summer while working the B68 IIRC.

Someone on CPTDB wiki said 587 was retired? I saw it tracking on Transsee not too long ago. And 

7 hours ago, Chris.A said:

2009 Orion 7.501 Next Generation hybrid #4331 is retired out of Flatbush depot due to an accident. They gained bus #4230 as well from Manhattan.

2017 New Flyer XN40 CNG #808 is no longer at Jackie Gleason depot and instead might now be in Easthester scrap.

I already reported that the other day. FB also gained back 4233 from Manhattanville. 

808 is still being held for investigation. There is a possibility that bus could be rebuilt and NOT scrap.. No additional information as of yet.

6 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Also, 2013 Novabus LFSA #534x (forgot which one) was involved in an accident in the Bronx and is OOS.

Meanwhile 2012 New Flyer C40LF CNG #464 is OOS from JG due to some kind of accident (damaged windshield) while bus #587 from Spring Creek Depot is back in service after it's accident last summer.

That bus caught fire last summer while working the B68 IIRC.

Bus 5347 is the bus in question that was in the accident in The Bronx.

16 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

I already reported that the other day. FB also gained back 4233 from Manhattanville. 

808 is still being held for investigation. There is a possibility that bus could be rebuilt and NOT scrap.. No additional information as of yet.

Bus 5347 is the bus in question that was in the accident in The Bronx.

There's a post going around on NYCT that is saying around 30 buses from Castleton depot are OOS due to flood damage. Is this true?!? If so, which ones? Already know about 2011 Orion 7.501 EPA10 3G #7047.... 

If it is, I hope the MTA can repair these. There's a similar problem in NJT where one of there depots got flooded by the storm and about 20 of their buses are OOS.

Also, 2021 New Flyer XDE40 hybrids #9580, #9582, #9584, and #9595-96 are all delivered to JFK.

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

There's a post going around on NYCT that is saying around 30 buses from Castleton depot are OOS due to flood damage. Is this true?!? If so, which ones? Already know about 2011 Orion 7.501 EPA10 3G #7047.... 

If it is, I hope the MTA can repair these. There's a similar problem in NJT where one of there depots got flooded by the storm and about 20 of their buses are OOS.

Also, 2021 New Flyer XDE40 hybrids #9580, #9582, #9584, and #9595-96 are all delivered to JFK.

Yes.. Apparently this is true. Some of Castelton's buses were flooded during the storm.  I don't have enough concrete information at this time to give with regards to this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Yes.. Apparently this is true. Some of Castelton's buses were flooded during the storm.  I don't have enough concrete information at this time to give with regards to this.

Is the Depot itself closed with service reduction across the borough? 

#808 and #1020 are still pending investigation? 

11 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

I heard 1020 retired. Not sure about 808.

Loans are coming our way I bet

10 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

As for your 2nd question: Both buses are still be held for investigation. No status yet on these buses. However, I've heard rumors that buses may be heading to the scrap yard.. As of now, they are parked at Eastchester in the accident section of the scrap yard.  You probably heard that 587 just got released back to Spring Creek recently from it's time at Eastchester. That was also held for investigation. So, 808 and 1020 will take a loooooooooooooong time to deal with.

As for your first question.. I don't know.

1 minute ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I heard 1020 retired. Not sure about 808.

Loans are coming our way I bet

I'm hearing differently with 1020 at this time.. Apparently, it's still being held at Eastchester in the accident area. It's still on legal hold.. So, no scrap as of yet.

I'll say this. It's a bit dicey on what the damage is at the depot.  If any loans were to come out in this situation  I'd say Yukon.

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

As for your 2nd question: Both buses are still be held for investigation. No status yet on these buses. However, I've heard rumors that buses may be heading to the scrap yard.. As of now, they are parked at Eastchester in the accident section of the scrap yard.  You probably heard that 587 just got released back to Spring Creek recently from it's time at Eastchester. That was also held for investigation. So, 808 and 1020 will take a loooooooooooooong time to deal with.

As for your first question.. I don't know.

I'm hearing differently with 1020 at this time.. Apparently, it's still being held at Eastchester in the accident area. It's still on legal hold.. So, no scrap as of yet.

I'll say this. It's a bit dicey on what the damage is at the depot.  If any loans were to come out in this situation  I'd say Yukon.

If things are really bad, then they will have to pull back out some retired Orion 7s and MCI Cruisers from Eastchester to scatter around the existing fleet to attempt to make sore with service out of Castleton. They might have to shift buses from other boroughs as well to do damage control. They should have kept a few dozen RTS's on standby just incase something like this happen....

5 hours ago, Chris.A said:

If things are really bad, then they will have to pull back out some retired Orion 7s and MCI Cruisers from Eastchester to scatter around the existing fleet to attempt to make sore with service out of Castleton. They might have to shift buses from other boroughs as well to do damage control. They should have kept a few dozen RTS's on standby just incase something like this happen....

What about the withdrawn Orion VIIs instead?

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

9584, 9588, 9595 & 9596.. Currently at vendor

9580 & 9582 are delivered at Hale.

9780 delivered to Manhattanville.

2220, 2225, 7047 are scrapped from Castelton.

This is totally unacceptable! First of, why can't they just send these buses to the CMF depots to get overhauled with new Engines and other components? This is a waste of buses. So they can repower and upgrade all those hundreds of TMC RTS 06s and Orion 5.501 diesels and Orion 5.501 CNGs back in the early 2000s, but they can't repower 30 buses now???

8 hours ago, Chris.A said:

This is totally unacceptable! First of, why can't they just send these buses to the CMF depots to get overhauled with new Engines and other components? This is a waste of buses. So they can repower and upgrade all those hundreds of TMC RTS 06s and Orion 5.501 diesels and Orion 5.501 CNGs back in the early 2000s, but they can't repower 30 buses now???

What may deem unacceptable to you is acceptable to the MTA.  Last checked, the MTA has all this federal money so if they want to scrap the buses than they will. You gotta understand the TA is a state agency. It doesn't cater to bus fans and their opinions. If maintenance deems the bus to be scrapped than it its scrapped. What needs to happen is to possibly re-construct Castelton to more higher ground so that it prevents it from flooding and besides Staten Island needs another depot or 2.. It's just too crowded with Yukon and Charleston as the other with Castelton.  Meredith is only an express bus depot.  Another depot full express/local bus depot is needed on higher ground in that borough.

What may deem unacceptable to you is acceptable to the MTA.  Last checked, the MTA has all this federal money so if they want to scrap the buses than they will. You gotta understand the TA is a state agency. It doesn't cater to bus fans and their opinions. If maintenance deems the bus to be scrapped than it its scrapped. What needs to happen is to possibly re-construct Castelton to more higher ground so that it prevents it from flooding and besides Staten Island needs another depot or 2.. It's just too crowded with Yukon and Charleston as the other with Castelton.  Meredith is only an express bus depot.  Another depot full express/local bus depot is needed on higher ground in that borough.

The very reason that Charleston and Meredith were added to the system was to address the overcrowding that had been going on at the other 2 depots for years. As for the early retirement of buses, it's not like new buses can easily be procured and deployed to them overnight. These things takes time and once an contract order for new buses is sent out and all the terms are agreed between both parties, 9 times out of 10, you can't alter it as the manufacturer has other costumers to deal with and you need buses now. That's why I was saying that some buses might need to be unretired from Eastchester to push out some LFS's to SI. If it's only 30 or so flood damage buses, Just divide them up between the overhaul shops and possibly even third parties like Northeast bus rebuilders who would most likely get the job done one way or another. These are tax payer dollars at stake.

Which also reminds me...is there any 2019 LFS's that got damaged?

11 minutes ago, NYC2MTL said:

7001, 7047, 7049, 7054, 7058, 7071 and 7086 all scrap..

Edit: 7065 to Yukon.. it going into maintenance possibly being repaired.

What about the recently retired NG's up in Eastchester? Are they not going to try to  strip them of reusable parts and repair those damaged 3Gs (nevermind those other buses)?

27 minutes ago, NYC2MTL said:

7001, 7047, 7049, 7054, 7058, 7071 and 7086 all scrap..

Edit: 7065 to Yukon.. it going into maintenance possibly being repaired.

were those flooded from Hurricane Ida? I also heard 2225, 2716, and 8244 were loss too from Hurricane Ida

41 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Which also reminds me...is there any 2019 LFS's that got damaged?

As ik 8609 but idk what else.

17 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

were those flooded from Hurricane Ida? I also heard 2225, 2716, and 8244 were loss too from Hurricane Ida

As ik 8609 but idk what else.

#8703, #8704 and atleast one other one. Can't help but wonder if buses on other boroughs got damaged too...?