hl7534

17 hours ago, Jova42R said:

18 is on the B24 right now:

Route: B24

Vehicle#: 18Zoom in
Block: 1
Destination: WILLIAMSBURG BRIDGE PLZ
Last reported: 1 minutes

Apparently,  both sets of electric buses had their leases extended til the end of this year.

56 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Aren’t those electric buses on trial for two to three years?

see below:

7 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Apparently,  both sets of electric buses had their leases extended til the end of this year.

also, any idea what buses we should see for the upcoming 60-bus electric order?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Hard to say, but giving that troublesome nature of the Proterra BE40 Catalyst 2 buses, probably more XE40s....

troublesome Proterras? I've heard the XE40s are the unreliable ones...the Columbia ones are, em, not the most reliable for sure.

17 hours ago, Jova42R said:

troublesome Proterras? I've heard the XE40s are the unreliable ones...the Columbia ones are, em, not the most reliable for sure.

True, but there was a point last summer or so when the Proterra buses were out of service for ages. Honestly, I hate these electric buses, I don't believe in Global warming as that's just a stupid government narrative to make everyone broke. The MTA should just stick to Hybrids, CNGs and Clean Diesels honestly. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

True, but there was a point last summer or so when the Proterra buses were out of service for ages. Honestly, I hate these electric buses, I don't believe in Global warming as that's just a stupid government narrative to make everyone broke. The MTA should just stick to Hybrids, CNGs and Clean Diesels honestly. 

i’m sorry, what? you don’t believe that the earth is warming? there’s irrefutable proof.  Electric buses are a great way, and frankly, the only way, to stop the currently super-highly-polluting transportation industry. Electric buses ARE the future. Feel free to read this article about the evidence of climate change: https://www.google.com/amp/s/climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jova42R said:

i’m sorry, what? you don’t believe that the earth is warming? there’s irrefutable proof.  Electric buses are a great way, and frankly, the only way, to stop the currently super-highly-polluting transportation industry. Electric buses ARE the future. Feel free to read this article about the evidence of climate change: https://www.google.com/amp/s/climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as climate change, however there is no real actual proof to suggest that humanity is the primary factor in "raising the planet's temperature", which the mainstream media wants you to believe. This is not really the place to disgust this, as this is a transportation broad.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as climate change, however there is no real actual proof to suggest that humanity is the primary factor in "raising the planet's temperature", which the mainstream media wants you to believe. This is not really the place to disgust this, as this is a transportation broad.

wow....this is just...VERY WRONG

but, sure, we won't "disgust" this on this "broad".

15 hours ago, Jova42R said:

wow....this is just...VERY WRONG

but, sure, we won't "disgust" this on this "broad".

Autocorrect is fun. Anyway. 2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrid #6704 to ENY depot (swing bus) and 2009 Orion 7.501 NG hybrid #3965 to MHV.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:33 AM, Chris.A said:

Autocorrect is fun. Anyway. 2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrid #6704 to ENY depot (swing bus) and 2009 Orion 7.501 NG hybrid #3965 to MHV.

Small update: Manhattanville has acquired the following buses: 

3965: Queens Vill to MHV

3996, 3997 Fresh Pond to Manhattanville

4172: Stengel to Manhattanville

4571: Grand Avenue to Manhattanville. 

Now, we have some severe teething problems with the HEV orders. Kingsbridge have not ran their buses within the last month. However, Manhattanville and TU are running their buses sporadically.

In other news: 9563, 9564, 9565, 9566 are all in New York City.  9564, at Zerega. All others are at NEBR/Queens/JFK Airport.  Hale is due for 17 production units later this month. I could see some changes with the NG’s possibly heading to Manhattanville until the HEV orders sorts itself out. 

Lastly: I’m a bit confused to why the MTA decides to chip away with the Brooklyn Division for NG’s to Manhattanville.  The Manhattan Division has plenty of NG’s to go by. Manhattanville just sent buses to East New York earlier this year as ENY was getting rid of their O7’s. 

9 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Small update: Manhattanville has acquired the following buses: 

3965: Queens Vill to MHV

3996, 3997 Fresh Pond to Manhattanville

4172: Stengel to Fresh Pond 

4571: Grand Avenue to Manhattanville. 

Now, we have some severe teething problems with the HEV orders. Kingsbridge have not ran their buses within the last month. However, Manhattanville and TU are running their buses sporadically.

In other news: 9563, 9564, 9565, 9566 are all in New York City.  9564, at Zerega. All others are at NEBR/Queens/JFK Airport.  Hale is due for 17 production units later this month. I could see some changes with the NG’s possibly heading to Manhattanville until the HEV orders sorts itself out. 

Lastly: I’m a bit confused to why the MTA decides to chip away with the Brooklyn Division for NG’s to Manhattanville.  The Manhattan Division has plenty of NG’s to go by. Manhattanville just sent buses to East New York earlier this year has ENY was getting rid of their O7’s. 

They never should have gotten rid of their 2007 Orion VII OG hybrids. Whatever OGs they have up in Eastchester (which are ALOT), they should simply take the best few dozen out and place them back in service instead of making this unnecessary bus shortage.

6 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Assigned or for training? I thought that batch was Brooklyn bound?

Assigned and training.  I think you missed what I said the other day. MCH is due 17 buses this month.  Once they are done training with 9564 the rest of the buses in the production group will be delivered. They are expected to get at least 4 buses to start. Training for maintainers, and drivers. EN and GA batches are later on.

3 minutes ago, NYC2MTL said:

Assigned and training.  I think you missed what I said the other day. MCH is due 17 buses this month.  Once they are done training with 9564 the rest of the buses in the production group will be delivered. They are expected to get at least 4 buses to start. Training for maintainers, and drivers. EN and GA batches are later on.

And the XDE40s are going to kick the 2009 and 2010 NG hybrids to MTA bus?

Seems that the LFS hybrids are having MAJOR teething issues to the point that they are starting to disrupt service. According to the forums, Nova is currently repairing some existing units. Meanwhile, some more 9700's are arriving to the TA, so we will see how this all plays out. 2009-2010 Orion VII NG hybrids are been sent to Manhattan depots from other parts of the city, but they should honestly just take back out any 2006 and 2007 Orion VII OG hybrids that had been retired already.

On 6/19/2021 at 6:32 AM, Chris.A said:

Seems that the LFS hybrids are having MAJOR teething issues to the point that they are starting to disrupt service. According to the forums, Nova is currently repairing some existing units. Meanwhile, some more 9700's are arriving to the TA, so we will see how this all plays out. 2009-2010 Orion VII NG hybrids are been sent to Manhattan depots from other parts of the city, but they should honestly just take back out any 2006 and 2007 Orion VII OG hybrids that had been retired already.

Kingsbridge HEVs are back out working as of this morning.  All 8 of the buses have been corrected.

However, some problems may persist and there is talk that KB could off load these buses to a destination unknown.. Stay tuned.