MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

On 5/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, Chris.A said:

2006 Orion 7.501 OG hybrids #6698, #6704, and #6714 are now all in Brooklyn. #6698 is assigned to East New York Depot and #6704 and #6714 are both assigned to Jackie Gleason depot! However, all of these buses are Swing buses, not for service.

Also, 2021 XD40 #7851, the first bus off of the 140 bus option order is in Pennsylvania.

7851 is now in New York City.  

6692, 6704, 6714, 6727, are at Gleason. Being used as swing/storage buses.  Those buses aren’t officially for Gleason nor appears in Gleason’s roster.  

6698 is at East New York. Has decals, and is also used for swing/storage bus purposes only. 

14 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

7851 is now in New York City.  

6692, 6704, 6714, 6727, are at Gleason. Being used as swing/storage buses.  Those buses aren’t officially for Gleason nor appears in Gleason’s roster.  

6698 is at East New York. Has decals, and is also used for swing/storage bus purposes only. 

I hope those 4 buses get the JG decals atleast, boy would that be a throw back!

2 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

2218. Spring Creek 

2222 no longer scrap at Eastchester. Maybe enroute to Spring Creek or JFK

2219, 2227 confirmed at JFK 

MORAL OF THE STORY: 2008’s are moving to MTA BUS and not hitting the scrap yard. 

We still need to watch these movements carefully just in case. What happened to 2011 XD40 #4854?

On 5/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, RailBus63 said:

Given that both TTC and OC Transpo have also retired their Orion NG hybrids early, it does seem that there may have been an issue with the lithium-ion batteries in those buses.

Canada has slightly different bus retirement polices then we do. Although I do agree that they were stupid to for retiring those so soon. Should have been 12 years atleast.  

7 hours ago, Chris.A said:

We still need to watch these movements carefully just in case. What happened to 2011 XD40 #4854?

That bus is at the ENY CMF getting repaired. Not retired or scrap. This has been confirmed by a few people at NYCTF including an ENY bus op currently working there. TTMG shouldn’t have taken that off their roster. 

4 hours ago, Chris.A said:

2015-16 MTA bus New Flyer XD60s #5364 and #5374 along with 2019-2020 XD60s #6249 and #6254 transferred JFK to LGA depot. 2009 Orion VII NG hybrid #4467 from QV to CS depot. 

That bus has been a ping pong for a while. It’s an apparent long term loan to Stengel. 
The other forementioned buses are for the extra beach bus service until Labor Day.  They are in the system apparently for LaGuardia. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:01 PM, Chris.A said:

Canada has slightly different bus retirement polices then we do. Although I do agree that they were stupid to for retiring those so soon. Should have been 12 years atleast.  

Both TTC and OC Transpo retired those Orion NG hybrids while keeping older buses in service, so the retirement policies do not appear to be a factor. 

19 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

Both TTC and OC Transpo retired those Orion NG hybrids while keeping older buses in service, so the retirement policies do not appear to be a factor. 

Yes, I'm aware of that. It is interesting that TTC in particular still have all of their 2006 Orion VII OG hybrids (every last one of them) in service. That was totally unexpected, whereas SF MUNI got rid of almost all of theirs. Just goes to show you how buses are handled at different TAs.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, Chris.A said:

2015-16 MTA bus New Flyer XD60s #5364 and #5374 along with 2019-2020 XD60s #6249 and #6254 transferred JFK to LGA depot. 2009 Orion VII NG hybrid #4467 from QV to CS depot. 

All forementioned buses have returned back to JFK depot. No longer at LaGuardia. It appears that buses will be rented out by Stengel as always the case every year.  Summer pick 6/27/21. 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:35 AM, NYC2MTL said:

1395, 1397.. Eastchester

9713, 9717-9719. Manhattanville.

9654. Kingsbridge

What happened to 2012 C40LF #443? The CNG tank cover is all banged up. Saw it yesterday near Downtown Brooklyn as I was back up here visiting the city for the second time in less then a month.

18 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

What happened to 2012 C40LF #443? The CNG tank cover is all banged up. Saw it yesterday near Downtown Brooklyn as I was back up here visiting the city for the second time in less then a month.

Damm, good question. Probably it got banged up at the depot. That’s my guess. 

5 hours ago, Jova42R said:

XE40s: gone.

(for some reason I smell crap here, but i could be wrong...)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP5-U1xlQvH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Before this rumor gets out hand. I will clear it up for you......

0011 went back to New Flyer to fix a problem that Quill Maintenance is unable to perform so therefore New Flyer sent a tow truck to MQ and it was sent out.

All others are still in service at Quill. So before everyone here thinks the buses are gone, they are not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

0011 went back to New Flyer to fix a problem that Quill Maintenance is unable to perform so therefore New Flyer sent a tow truck to MQ and it was sent out.

All others are still in service at Quill. So before everyone here thinks the buses are gone, they are not.

Why does it look like that bus was in an accident?

7 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

As proof, 0013, 0014 and 0015 are in service on the M50 as I type this. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

As proof, 0013, 0014 and 0015 are in service on the M50 as I type this. 

0012 is still at MQ at the garage. I don't think that's expected to be out today. if it is M42 would be the ideal place to catch it.

4 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Why does it look like that bus was in an accident?

You have pictures????

As I stated previously due to a serious mechanical issue that Quill is unable to fix, the bus had to be towed away from Quill and sent back to New Flyer. I'm not sure if it's the new flyer plant in Upstate New York near Rochester/Buffalo or in Minnesota. My guess is the latter, and not upstate. 

6692- swing bus is now moved to East New York from Gleason.

15 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Ahh ok, that is what I thought.

You have pictures????

As I stated previously due to a serious mechanical issue that Quill is unable to fix, the bus had to be towed away from Quill and sent back to New Flyer. I'm not sure if it's the new flyer plant in Upstate New York near Rochester/Buffalo or in Minnesota. My guess is the latter, and not upstate. 

Here's a pic

6692- swing bus is now moved to East New York from Gleason.

What exactly is a "swing bus"?

All 3 on the M50?

Yep, that is happening a lot more often now.

By the way, when can we expect to know what the 60-bus electric order will be? I've heard rumors that it'll be XE40s, but evidently 0011 is having issues, so are we really sure about that?

All 3 on the M50?

Yes, according to TransSee.

Now joined by 0012 as well (accounting for four of the five buses on that route at this time):

1: Vehicle 12 Waiting 5:00. on route M50-W 42 St Pier - East Side 0:51 ahead of 4:30:04PM. Run 354 going ←West Side 42 St Pier Crosstown at 1 Av on E 49 St 

2: Vehicle 13 on route M50-W 42 St Pier - East Side 3:40 behind 4:25:45PM. Run 356 going →East Side 49 St-1 Av Crosstown at 5 Av on E 50 St 

3: Vehicle 14 on route M50-W 42 St Pier - East Side 1:18 ahead of 4:30:31PM. Run 355 going ←West Side 42 St Pier Crosstown past 7 Av on W 49 St 

4: Vehicle 15 on route M50-W 42 St Pier - East Side 6:30 behind 4:22:55PM. Run 359 going ←West Side 42 St Pier Crosstown at 12 Av on W 49 St 

• Like 1