MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

54 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Never mind i did not see the later replies

Copy. 

Also additional updates:  On the wiki it’s shown that 1557-1560 are at Yukon. Those buses are there for training. Also, those buses are headed to Castelton and Charleston for training for possible option order of 1607-1628. However, the current units of 1557-1560 are property of Meredith Avenue. 

Charleston to Castelton: 2295, 2300, 2303. all transferred. 

14 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

On the wiki it’s shown that 1557-1560 are at Yukon. Those buses are there for training.

I mark buses based on where they’re assigned. When they get moved back to Meredith for service, I’ll change it back.

Never mind, it seems that 1557-60 are back at Meredith for service. 1563 remains at Yukon

——

for those keeping score

KB 9644,48,60,52,53,64

MV 9624-25,65

OH 9626-28,37,39

• Thanks 1

2209,2926 are done. All 2001 mci and ex nybs 2002 mci are retired. EC is now without 2002 MCI. 2910 is last active at CP, currently on its way to the Financial District. Seems like Yukon’s 2002s may be done as well, though they are still rostered. 2882,2898 are on their way to eastchester scrap right now

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

2209,2926 are done. All 2001 mci and ex nybs 2002 mci are retired. EC is now without 2002 MCI. 2910 is last active at CP, currently on its way to the Financial District. Seems like Yukon’s 2002s may be done as well, though they are still rostered. 2882,2898 are on their way to eastchester scrap right now

2005 MCI D4500CL #3176 is also retired from CP depot.

Also, anyone whatever happened to 1999 Orion 5.501 #6326? Someone went to Eastchester recently and didn't see the bus there. Was it scrapped?

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

Updates: 

9667 to MHV. 

3176 retired and given to the NYPD. Also, 2858, 2887 also given to the NYPD. 

Are they still in that baseball diamond parking lot on randalls? I’m heading to the city this weekend and thought it might make for an interesting photo...

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

Are they still in that baseball diamond parking lot on randalls? I’m heading to the city this weekend and thought it might make for an interesting photo...

Apparently that’s the intel I got this morning. Over by Randall’s. 

On 4/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, NYC2MTL said:

Apparently that’s the intel I got this morning. Over by Randall’s. 

Is that the parking lot by the water tower or not? I might be heading over there this weekend and thought I might stop for some pictures.

Bus delivery update: Meredith Avenue. 
The Meredith Avenue buses will be sent to Yukon for farebox installation as Meredith does not have the capabilities to install such equipment. So, for example 1562, 1564-1566 are all for Meredith. However, they are at Yukon for farebox installation and possibly for training than sent back to Meredith once work is done.  

3 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Bus delivery update: Meredith Avenue. 
The Meredith Avenue buses will be sent to Yukon for farebox installation as Meredith does not have the capabilities to install such equipment. So, for example 1562, 1564-1566 are all for Meredith. However, they are at Yukon for farebox installation and possibly for training than sent back to Meredith once work is done.  

Moreover, 2002 MCI D4500 #2910, the last 2001-2002 era bus in service, have just been retired late yesterday afternoon. This marks the end of both the flip-dot era as well as the official end of Detroit Diesel powered buses in the city of NY.

Also, 2021 Novabus LFS #8755 is now assigned to Jamaica Depot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, Chris.A said:

Moreover, 2002 MCI D4500 #2910, the last 2001-2002 era bus in service, have just been retired late yesterday afternoon. This marks the end of both the flip-dot era as well as the official end of Detroit Diesel powered buses in the city of NY.

Sad thing to hear. Always a treat to see those flip dot 2002s from Yukon. They kept them looking well and running up until the end. Not bad getting around 19 years out of those. 

10 hours ago, Len90 said:

Sad thing to hear. Always a treat to see those flip dot 2002s from Yukon. They kept them looking well and running up until the end. Not bad getting around 19 years out of those. 

Not quite. 2910 is still in service. It’s on the QM1 heading into Manhattan. The bus may get pulled later this morning. Bus has a rear hole issue and somehow depot management managed to let the operator still use the bus. 

On 4/24/2021 at 3:13 PM, Chris.A said:

Also, 2021 Novabus LFS #8755 is now assigned to Jamaica Depot. 

2910 still in service this morning. 

13 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

I'm not really sure where all this talk of 2910 being retired is coming from, it's been very much active the past couple days.

Here's the report on 2910.. It appears that College Point's prevost delivery is supposedly being looped into the NYC delivery for Meredith.

So once 4 more prevosts come in for College Point, than 2910 will go to the scrap yard. Although, bus has some minor issues it's still being allowed to be in service.

20 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Here's the report on 2910.. It appears that College Point's prevost delivery is supposedly being looped into the NYC delivery for Meredith.

So once 4 more prevosts come in for College Point, than 2910 will go to the scrap yard. Although, bus has some minor issues it's still being allowed to be in service.

Why do they need 4 new buses to replace one old bus? That makes no sense to me. They shouldn't have touched the CLs til all the D4500s were retired...

What's going to happen to the 2008-2009 MCI D4500CTs? Are those all going to go to MTA bus Company?

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Why do they need 4 new buses to replace one old bus? That makes no sense to me. They shouldn't have touched the CLs til all the D4500s were retired...

What's going to happen to the 2008-2009 MCI D4500CTs? Are those all going to go to MTA bus Company?

To your 2nd question:  I have no clue to that. I didn’t hear the MTA looking to replace those as of yet.  

As for your first comment that was the intel given to me. I know it doesn’t make sense but anything the MTA does make sense? 

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

To your 2nd question:  I have no clue to that. I didn’t hear the MTA looking to replace those as of yet.  

As for your first comment that was the intel given to me. I know it doesn’t make sense but anything the MTA does make sense? 

Almost never, like for example, they already retiring over half of the NYCTA owned 2007 Orion VII OG hybrids. There was nothing wrong with those buses and could have easily made it to 2022, but they had other plans apparently. The only thing that makes even less sense then that would be NICE currently phasing out their #1700's 2008-2009 Orion VII NG CNG fleet. Those buses are barely 12 years old, I mean geez they could make it til atleast 2025....

Just now, Chris.A said:

Almost never, like for example, they already retiring over half of the NYCTA owned #6790-6905 2007 Orion VII OG hybrid fleet. There was nothing wrong with those buses and could have easily made it to 2022, but they had other plans apparently. The only thing that makes even less sense then that would be NICE currently phasing out their #1700-1799 2008-2009 Orion VII NG CNG fleet. Those buses are barely 12 years old, I mean geez they could make it til atleast 2025....

1567, 1570.. Meredith Avenue (in house)

1568, 1571.. Plattsburgh to Secaucus.. All are awaiting inspection and transport to Meredith Avenue.

The first of the HEV's have hit service

9648, 9652 hit service today at Kingsbridge.. M100, and Bx7 respectively

9665 hit service on 4/20 and this past Monday 4/26 on the M11

7 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Why do they need 4 new buses to replace one old bus?

It’s possible they retired 3-too-many buses and have a deficit right now.

4 hours ago, Chris.A said:

, they already retiring over half of the NYCTA owned 2007 Orion VII OG hybrids.

Those were very high mileage and generally had lower MDBF compared to the rest of the fleet, and they were over the minimum retirement age of 12. From an enthusiast POV it may not make sense but if you’re the MTA and you have a bunch of poorly performing, near-EOL buses that can be replaced using federal funding, it makes a ton of sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Orion6025 said:

Those were very high mileage and generally had lower MDBF compared to the rest of the fleet, and they were over the minimum retirement age of 12. From an enthusiast POV it may not make sense but if you’re the MTA and you have a bunch of poorly performing, near-EOL buses that can be replaced using federal funding, it makes a ton of sense.

That’s exactly why they’re being replaced...

Also, the fact that Orion is now dead makes replacing the Orions a much more appealing idea for the MTA. Some units have over a million miles (6713 had 1.3 million last time I saw it)

(Side note- happy that the LFS HEVs are what's replacing the OGs in Manhattan- the XDE40s are too common, and I think the LFS series looks better, especially the HEV variant)

On a different note, any idea what the 2010 LFSAs will be replaced by? I've heard that they are becoming problematic, and plus, they are 11 years old. If i had to guess, probably LFSA HEVs (maybe LFX 62' HEVs  because of the Bx12)

1566, 1569  at Yukon for radio and farebox installation. To Meredith tomorrow. 

Meredith updates:

1557-1567, 1569-1570 are in currently.  As new buses come in, 2015/16 prevosts are going to Yukon and Castelton..  

Personal opinion. I don’t think Ulmer Park will get any 2015/2016 prevosts anytime soon. 

18 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Also, the fact that Orion is now dead makes replacing the Orions a much more appealing idea for the MTA. Some units have over a million miles (6713 had 1.3 million last time I saw it)

(Side note- happy that the LFS HEVs are what's replacing the OGs in Manhattan- the XDE40s are too common, and I think the LFS series looks better, especially the HEV variant)

On a different note, any idea what the 2010 LFSAs will be replaced by? I've heard that they are becoming problematic, and plus, they are 11 years old. If i had to guess, probably LFSA HEVs (maybe LFX 62' HEVs  because of the Bx12)

Hopefully, an artic order can commence sometime next year. All this fed money the MTA just received I’m surprised they didn’t initiate the artic order yet. Either from New Flyer or Nova.