MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

7 more Prevosts registered (Presumably 1305-7 are among those 7, as those were delivered to CP last month) and 19 more LFS HEV registered.

I have been told allocations are -

Prevosts - BP CP EC FR LG SC YO MA

LFS HEV Base - KB MV MQ OH

LFS HEV Options - GH MV MQ

LFS Options - CS CA EN JA QV

XDE40 - EN MV OF CS

The # breakdowns for how many are expected to go to each garage are out there, ,personally I don't find that terribly important so I'm not going to type that out as well, but they're out there if anyone's curious

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

7 more Prevosts registered (Presumably 1305-7 are among those 7, as those were delivered to CP last month) and 19 more LFS HEV registered.

XDE40 - EN MV OF CS

The # breakdowns for how many are expected to go to each garage are out there, ,personally I don't find that terribly important so I'm not going to type that out as well, but they're out there if anyone's curious

Yup, the OG O7 hybrids and the MCI D4500/CTs are all EOL buses now.

1308-1309 are reportedly in Secaucus awaiting registration and last minute prep before heading to College Point. As of right now College Point has 1300, 1302-1307.  Although, deliveries are coming slow from plattsburgh I expect a fair amount buses to come in within the next few weeks. 

Nova bus update: Deliveries are tentatively schedule for March. Don't ask me about depot information right now. However, this only assumption i will make and as we all know MTA tends to make changes at the last minute on deliveries. Since that Kingsbridge already has 9622 I'm expecting them to go first.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Orion6025 said:

XDE40 - EN MV OF CS

Small update: Manhattanville no longer in the running for XDE40's

Updated: OF, EN, CS..

Also, I see someone mentioned fleet #'s for Meredith Avenue.. No such announcement has been made on this via NYCTF.  However, yes they are getting 50 buses.

• Like 1

Two stabbing on the A train today. Least the suspect is caught. There’s photos of the crime scene on Instagram with the corpse but i ain’t posting it on here bc people are pretty sensitive to this stuff. Hopefully everyone stays safe ?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/a-train-ripper-busted-in-knife-attacks-on-nyc-subway-homeless/

• Sad 4

On 2/13/2021 at 10:42 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Two stabbing on the A train today. Least the suspect is caught. There’s photos of the crime scene on Instagram with the corpse but i ain’t posting it on here bc people are pretty sensitive to this stuff. Hopefully everyone stays safe ?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/a-train-ripper-busted-in-knife-attacks-on-nyc-subway-homeless/

Suspect was caught with the same clothes that he did the crime with. Eagle eye detective from Manhattan North saw the suspect from an internal NYPD photo and that's how the apprehension was made.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Orion6025 said:

XDE40 - EN MV OF CS

I've heard that the XDE40s will go to Quill and the LFS HEVs will go to MHV, with Hale getting XDEs as well and Tuskegee getting Novas. Is this right?

Also - I'm going to wake up super early one of these days and go out to see the Prevosts - are they mostly on the 6th Av, 3rd Av, or downtown routes? Also, what time do they tend to be dispatched at?

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

I've heard that the XDE40s will go to Quill and the LFS HEVs will go to MHV, with Hale getting XDEs as well and Tuskegee getting Novas. Is this right?

What I posted is what I last heard, I don't know if those changes are just facebook rumors or real. I am tempted to lean towards facebook rumors given how frequently those pop up.

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

Also - I'm going to wake up super early one of these days and go out to see the Prevosts - are they mostly on the 6th Av, 3rd Av, or downtown routes? Also, what time do they tend to be dispatched at?

I don't track the Prevosts daily, but they do not seem to follow any defining pattern; they simply "behave" like any regular express bus. They throw them on all three types of routes, but there's a 100% guarantee of at least one being on the 6th Avenue routes though... 730-900 AM is what I used for the 2001/2 MCI as the bulk of the arrivals into Manhattan fall into that time frame, I assume some Prevosts will inevitably fall into the mix there. As for the PM rush, most CP express buses pull out 3:30 PMish-5:30 PMish (of course there are outliers), but many will pull out, DH into Manhattan, and sit waiting for their trip in Manhattan so you would have to be patient.

10 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Don't believe the rumors you hear or get on the street even if it's on Facebook.

As of right now MQ is not in line for XDE40's.. Only ones in line for XDE40's are: EN, OF, CS. With OF (Mother Clara Hale getting 60) and EN and CS getting 25 buses respectively.

MQ is in line for LFS HEV's along with MV, OH, KB, GH. Basically the whole (MaBSOTA Division)

Hi, all good afternoon,

I saw check on the internet for CPTDB Wiki "model" is Xcelsior XN60. Did them in the service still (110) series well, but because I saw checklist what say "Metropolitan Transportation Authority. (MTA) - New York City, NY (on order)". Also you can fix will be removed from "on order", for your update, please? Thank you.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/New_Flyer_Industries_XN60

6 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:
2 Bus routes to begin on Monday. Depot assignments forthcoming.

The Q98V will probably be a fun route to fan IMO. Can't say the same for the B98V, though.

6 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

Not 100% on this. But you could be correct. I'd ask @Orion6025 for more clarification.. The route information just released within the last 45 mins.

¯\_()_/¯ . I'm not really one of those sign people, I wouldn't know. I'm sure one of those "codebreak crew" instagram people will publicize it soon enough though, lol

• Thanks 1

B98V will follow the B14 & B60

Depot: East New York

Stops:

Westbound:

• Stanley/Sheridan- East New York Postal Facility
  • Elderts Lane/Loring Ave
  • Linden/Sheridan
  • Linden/Euclid
  • Van Sicklen/Wortman
  • Flatlands/Louisiana
  • Williams/Flatlands
  • Rockaway/Dumont
  • Rockaway/East New York
  • Eastern Parkway/Saratoga
  • Nostrand/Carroll

Eastbound

• Nostrand/Carroll
  • Eastern Parkway/Saratoga
  • Rockaway/Prospect
  • Rockaway/Sutter
  • Rockaway/Dumont
  • Williams/Glenwood
  • Flatlands/Louisiana
  • Van Siclen/Wortman
  • Linden/Euclid
  • Linden/Autumn
  • Linden/Elderts Lane
  • Stanley/Elderts Lane- East New York Postal Facility.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, Orion6025 said:

The Q98V will probably be a fun route to fan IMO. Can't say the same for the B98V, though.

¯\_()_/¯ . I'm not really one of those sign people, I wouldn't know. I'm sure one of those "codebreak crew" instagram people will publicize it soon enough though, lol

On 2/24/2021 at 12:37 AM, Orion6025 said:

What I posted is what I last heard, I don't know if those changes are just facebook rumors or real. I am tempted to lean towards facebook rumors given how frequently those pop up.

I don't track the Prevosts daily, but they do not seem to follow any defining pattern; they simply "behave" like any regular express bus. They throw them on all three types of routes, but there's a 100% guarantee of at least one being on the 6th Avenue routes though... 730-900 AM is what I used for the 2001/2 MCI as the bulk of the arrivals into Manhattan fall into that time frame, I assume some Prevosts will inevitably fall into the mix there. As for the PM rush, most CP express buses pull out 3:30 PMish-5:30 PMish (of course there are outliers), but many will pull out, DH into Manhattan, and sit waiting for their trip in Manhattan so you would have to be patient.

Ok I’m guessing the codes i put are probably right. They wouldn’t create special type codes for Vaccine routes i don’t think.

However I just found out about the B201. Supposedly an MTAB version of the B99. Idk what the code is but it works on The new Prevosts as I saw a post on instagram.

also, below are my pics of the Prevosts!

C8F6E104-1CDC-451F-953B-63A194BB9A4C.jpeg

C46C409A-2728-43E6-826E-08A2857BDCCB.jpeg

F6D83BEB-6E44-4CCD-A306-B509CA82D6A0.jpeg

E0469C7D-A319-4CEC-9435-55BC8C51E1F7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was just reading an article regarding the debate about subway service running around the clock every day and the debate if it should continue or not. Reading that the reason why the subway runs 24 hours every day is due to limited yard space keeping the trains operating instead of parked. Noting there are multiple tracks on some lines that they simply shift tracks on the trains to an available section.

Right now, the subway closes at 2 AM until 4 AM for cleaning and disinfecting.

I think they will eventually restore the two hours that are currently allocated for cleaning and disinfecting since with buses, it is a challenge trying to have them negotiate with the traffic lights and streets. This is along with the labour costs operating the buses to operate at a higher ratio to account for passenger volume. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-02-25/inside-the-debate-over-nyc-s-24-7-subway-service

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Was just reading an article regarding the debate about subway service running around the clock every day and the debate if it should continue or not. Reading that the reason why the subway runs 24 hours every day is due to limited yard space keeping the trains operating instead of parked. Noting there are multiple tracks on some lines that they simply shift tracks on the trains to an available section.

Right now, the subway closes at 2 AM until 4 AM for cleaning and disinfecting.

I think they will eventually restore the two hours that are currently allocated for cleaning and disinfecting since with buses, it is a challenge trying to have them negotiate with the traffic lights and streets. This is along with the labour costs operating the buses to operate at a higher ratio to account for passenger volume. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-02-25/inside-the-debate-over-nyc-s-24-7-subway-service

24 hour service will likely return in a few months or so, perhaps by summer 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1