MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

lol, apparently on facebook -'Fans of www.nycsubway.org' message board... those individuals who took those NF XD60 photos dont have a authorized clearance to get in the restricted area where the MTA's New Flyers being parked at "JFK Airport area". So much being the first to get a shot at.

lol, apparently on facebook -'Fans of www.nycsubway.org' message board... those individuals who took those NF XD60 photos dont have a authorized clearance to get in the restricted area where the MTA's New Flyers being parked at "JFK Airport area". So much being the first to get a shot at.

Wait, these bus photos were all taken in a restricted security area without authorization? Not smart at all if that was the case.

That does nothing to make transit photography look like it's just an innocent hobby with no intentions to cross boundaries or interfere with transit system security :rolleyes: If anything I would think that taking photos in a restricted area without permission would make the TSA and DHS more suspicious of individuals taking pictures.

Wait, these bus photos were all taken in a restricted security area without authorization? Not smart at all if that was the case.

Hopping over the barrier just to get pics and put it on youtube with the risk of getting arrested... sounds good to be true.

Hopping over the barrier just to get pics and put it on youtube with the risk of getting arrested... sounds good to be true.

Good morning sir. Rumors are for those with no lives. We, who all got footage are the same ones who have been doing what we do for decades now. Everyone in transit knows us, and obviously are the ones who told us the bus was there.....

We have been to most every depot, bus manufacture, and transit agency from here to Canada and back. We hang out on roof tops for the Fireworks with the very people who plan the routes you ride on!

Whoever made up the rumor was a hater. You however have this thing ag ainst me, and need to get your facts straight before you type. Then again, you have always had a problem with the fact that I have corrected you on subchat posts how many times? With the exception of the Prevost, I broke the news on all 6 new bus models, which you said I was foaming over?

"A foamers dream" or somethimg like that? None of it would ever happen? My favorite was the C40LF that I made up out of thin air... First I was lying about the order being awarded just to get site hits. Then when I posted they would not be LFR's, you and everyone else attacked me again...... But one year later, when a C40LF hit that very lot in question, who do you think was called when it rolled out the factory? Possibly the people who told me a year prior that they were not LFR's......

Have you seen the our pics from inside Zerega? Depots everywhere? Or better yet, what about the ones inside the main maintenance hangar at JFK thats owned by Port Authority? The ones behind the actual fence? How on earth did someone get into that restricted area unless said person had permission?

You know what, don't even answer that.

Just get over yourself.

Have you seen the our pics from inside Zerega? Depots everywhere? Or better yet, what about the ones inside the main maintenance hangar at JFK thats owned by Port Authority? The ones behind the actual fence? How on earth did someone get into that restricted area unless said person had permission?

You know what, don't even answer that.

Just get over yourself.

Dear Mr "gods gift to transit fans" Thanks for popping up from your troll lair again. We're all still dying to know when our beloved TTC is getting these hundreds of new MTS RTS buses. So if you could please get back to us on that that would be terrific.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my trip to New York is fast approaching (August 20) but I have a few more inquiries to ensure that the transit fan aspect of my trip is a success :)

1. As I understand it, thanks to the summer swaps, the R32s are on the (A) and the R46s are on the ©, yes?

2. Where is the best place to get photos of R42s?

3. I have recently discovered that there is a pair of R40 Slant school cars (4392-93) at Rockaway Park Yard, and viewable from the platform of Beach 116th Street station. According to photos, they were still there as of July 2011 (http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?126919) but are they still there now? (Can't imagine why they'd need to move them, besides maintenance purposes, but it's always good to be sure...)

4. What ever happened to the pair of R38 cars that was set aside for preservation by the transit museum, as well as the R40 cars that were on display at the museum for a while?

5. How often are the R127/R134 cars (or any work cars for that matter) spotted during the daytime?

6. Where is the best place to get photos of D60HFs?

Dear Mr "gods gift to transit fans" Thanks for popping up from your troll lair again. We're all still dying to know when our beloved TTC is getting these hundreds of new MTS RTS buses. So if you could please get back to us on that that would be terrific.

thank you

You are quite welcome. As far as TTC, don't know, and don't really give a damn either. Never heard anything about TTC getting anything. With that said, this will be my last CPTDB post...

So you can lick it, kiss it, or both!

1. As I understand it, thanks to the summer swaps, the R32s are on the (A) and the R46s are on the ©, yes?

YES.

2. Where is the best place to get photos of R42s?

If you want outdoors...(J) line. You can photograph the skyline on Williamsburg Bridge. Marcy Av station, Myrtle Av station, pretty much every (J) train station outdoors. Indoors, if you like to photograph the ugliest NYC Subway station Chambers St, be my guess. Its best to look at the photos on nycsubway.org to get a better idea. Just to remember, there is very limited R42 trainsets on the (J).

3. I have recently discovered that there is a pair of R40 Slant school cars (4392-93) at Rockaway Park Yard, and viewable from the platform of Beach 116th Street station. According to photos, they were still there as of July 2011 (http://www.nycsubway...erl/show?126919) but are they still there now? (Can't imagine why they'd need to move them, besides maintenance purposes, but it's always good to be sure...)

It is still there.

4. What ever happened to the pair of R38 cars that was set aside for preservation by the transit museum, as well as the R40 cars that were on display at the museum for a while?

I dont think there at the transit museum as of now.

5. How often are the R127/R134 cars (or any work cars for that matter) spotted during the daytime?

Very Rare. You can photograph them at the train yard on Mets-Willets Point station, Queens on the (7) line. Right next to the train yard and the bus depot. or 9 Avenue station, Brooklyn (D), there is a set park adjacent to the yard.

6. Where is the best place to get photos of D60HFs?

Its pretty much everywhere is the best place to take a pix.,as of now: Bronx and Manhattan have these buses.

Manhattan: M14A, M14D, M15 (LOCAL), M23, M79, M86, M101, M102, M103

Bronx: Bx1, Bx2, Bx4, Bx5, Bx9, Bx12 (LOCAL), Bx15, Bx19, Bx22, Bx39, Bx40, Bx41, Bx42, Bx55

Some of the routes are mix with Nova LFS artics and a rare 40 footer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got this update on the MTA's Facebook page:

Maintenance on our R32s cars will keep them on the rails until new R179 cars are delivered. We're doing a limited-scope maintenance makeover on four cars per week. With their once-gleaming stainless-steel bodies dulled by age and their windows scarred by the negative attention of vandals, MTA New York City Transit's R32 subway cars are living out their final years of service until the arrival of their replacements. In order to make those last trips go more smoothly, however, the cars are "having a little work done." The "Brightliners," as the Budd-built cars were dubbed upon their introduction into service back in 1964, were the first large fleet of stainless steel cars purchased by New York City Transit and the first corrosion resistant cars placed in service since the ten experimental cars purchased in 1949 by the New York City Board of Transportation.

https://www.facebook...13209090&type=1