MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

What a day yesterday. I travel much of everywhere in NYC from Times Square to UN Building, view of Trum plaza (while riding M15 buses), Central Park, and Greenwich Village. Unfortunately, there's only one photo at Greenwich Village I can one last show before my camera's battery was finished.

Buses I've rode are as following

My college's transportation to NYC is Delaware County Transportation Chevy C5500/Startran Cutaway

MTA New York

2008 Orion VII Next Generation Hybrid

2010 Nova LFS Artic

1999 Nova RTS 40 ft

And NYC Subway on C, S, and 4 trains.

Videos and pictures to be uploaded soon.

MTA doesn't want to operate LI Bus anymore?

http://www.masstransitmag.com/news/1025855...nloading-li-bus

Nassau doesn't want to pay for it anymore, apparently. We could be looking at a transit situation similar to that of Westchester County, whose Bee-Line System has always been publicly owned but privately operated.

I'm assuming the above posters are correct and its the first time we are getting standard diesels from NFI.

Well, we did have the three D45S Vikings until quite recently, but we got those from Houston METRO rather than directly from New Flyer. <_<

1481-1505 were transfered over, but I am not sure how many actually ran in service.

All of the New York Bus Service New Looks were retired immediately upon takeover by MTA Bus in July 2005. At least one received MTA logos and numbers, but none ran in service.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.wheels.ca/columns/article/795674

Skeleton signs set to scare speeding drivers in NYC

Here’s a ghoulish approach to deter speeding drivers.

New York City is using images of skeletons in an effort to scare drivers into obeying its 30 mph (48 km/h) speed limit.

On Thursday, the city announced it will put up radar-equipped speed boards that will flash pixelated LED images of a skeleton whenever a car is spotted going over the limit, The New York Times reported.

The city-wide campaign, dubbed “That's Why It's 30,” has already used skeletons in ads posted on bus shelters and TV to drive home the message that speed kills.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg likened the macabre signs to cigarette packs that feature gruesome images of tumours and blackened lungs that warn smokers of cancer risks.

“Unless you make it graphic, people don't get the message,” he said.

MTA & New Flyer special deals, besides; the parts are interchangeable from old to new old look.

Aside from the front facia, they're the same bus anyhow.

But it's good that mta is keeping things standardized .

They're set on keeping cng in the fleet, so these should perform well. ( for a cng)