Kenora Transit

G.A

Road trip to Kenora today. Captured Kenora Transit #149004 which the operator said was Kenora Transit's entire operating fleet, except for their spare bus. This location is their downtown terminal, called "Market Square" on their map.

kenora-KT149004eldorado-2014Jul26.jpg

Saturday 26 July 2014

Road trip to Kenora today. Captured Kenora Transit #149004 which the operator said was Kenora Transit's entire operating fleet, except for their spare bus. This location is their downtown terminal, called "Market Square" on their map.

attachicon.gifkenora-KT149004eldorado-2014Jul26.jpg

Saturday 26 July 2014

thx for sharing the picture, i am just wondering if this is being renumbered from 503 or not, did you see the other Eldorado #502 being re-numbered or not? Thx

Note the town logo has been changed, probably the reason why they re-numbered to this odd fleet # now........

thx for sharing the picture, i am just wondering if this is being renumbered from 503 or not, did you see the other Eldorado #502 being re-numbered or not? Thx

Note the town logo has been changed, probably the reason why they re-numbered to this odd fleet # now........

Might be a new bus... I can't see them doing a full repaint, renumbering, and replating of a 3 year old bus. The last bit of the fleet number is also 004, which would indicate a unit after 503.

502, a 2006 unit, is also now 8 years old, which is pretty old for an EZ Rider II. Wouldn't surprise me if they needed to retire 502 and moved 503 to backup status.

That has to be 503 I can't see them getting another new bus not for a few more years

A quick search on google (key words: "Kenora Transit New Bus") revealed the following article:

http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/2012/12/11/gas-tax-rebate-expected-to-cover-costs-of-new-public-transit-bus-and-handi-van-in-kenora

It would appear that this is the 3rd bus in the fleet. The numbering scheme is obviously 14 (year) 90 (department code or something similar) 04 (unit number, as it is the bus purchased after 03). I wonder if the other two buses have been renumbered to 059002 and 119003?

A quick search on google (key words: "Kenora Transit New Bus") revealed the following article:

http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/2012/12/11/gas-tax-rebate-expected-to-cover-costs-of-new-public-transit-bus-and-handi-van-in-kenora

It would appear that this is the 3rd bus in the fleet. The numbering scheme is obviously 14 (year) 90 (department code or something similar) 04 (unit number, as it is the bus purchased after 03). I wonder if the other two buses have been renumbered to 059002 and 119003?

Wow what a nice found!!! Thx!!! I can't believe they are getting a 3rd buses.......have to return there again for this new unit!

• 9 months later...

The other two buses in Kenora were indeed renumbered. Bus 502 is now 1209705 while bus 503 is now 1209704. The information was taken in a fleet survey filled out by the contractor (First Transit) and submitted to CUTA. As mentioned above, the third bus is 149004.

By the way, First Transit took over the contract in 2013 after years of it being operated by Excel Coach Lines.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason whatsoever why they went with letters and numbers (especially big numbers)? When you have three buses in the fleet, 1, 2 and 3 would have been a lot easier.

First switched to a new numbering system starting in 2017. Fleet numbers are now the last 8 digits of the VIN.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...