Prince Albert Northern

railbus

Does anyone have any current information on this operator? Usually I see a lot of their buses but I've seen fewer this year than last year. I believe the company was sold earlier this year? Does anyone have any information about their current operational status?

I'm actually doing a trip for them. On April 9 we depart Saskatoon for California. I will be gone until April 19. Team driving, right through the night. I'm not sure what buses are going there are four (4) full of teen agers. One of the new owners asked me to do the trip for them. I asked him how business was and he said that they had a very good year. They bought some buses and made some money. Buses are kept in better condition now that the new owners took over they actually fix them when the drivers tell them something is wrong. I use to work with the new owners when they we're drivers so they know what us drivers go through. I had some trips that were to be desired for , with breakdowns and all. Anyway just thought that I would let y'all know that things are looking up for P.A. Northern. If I had a camera I would take pics. but I don't, I'll ask one of the other drivers , (there will be eight (8) of us) , to take pics. and tell them to come and join the Discussion Board.

I'll report when I get back. Wish me luck!

[quote name=MBTA9244-9640b' date='Apr 9 2009, 02:

Yes, that would make sense. Have a safe trip!

Just to let you know the buses that are down here in California. They are: 154, 155, 156, 159. I'm driving 159 however, due to the starter going on 159 I drove 156 today. We went to Univrsal City today. The starter was fixed and the other driver met us there. Hit a deer on the way down that happened on Friday, April 10, @ 4:15a.m. on I15 @ mile 175 in Mt.. Hit it on the right front corner of the bus.Had to readjust the door because it was binding to open and close the door and needed the right and middle bumpers replaced got that done @ M.C.I. down here. At least it was fixed proper and not some joe blow body shop in Saskatchewan. Anyway talk to you all later and I hope that I don't hit another deer on the way home!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

157 and 153 are out here at the University today. Of course, as my luck has it, no real camera. Took some crappy cell phone shots I'll post later when I get home.

157 is no longer all white, but has some nice orangish-red sweep art on the side.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In September 2009 I was in Regina at a football game and had the chance to talk to a few of their drivers. PAN was sold to an Indian band and apparently they haven't been making any friends along the way. They

did take delivery of three new coaches but so far have not decalled them in any way.

Other operators there said the company will likely stop doing tours and concentrate on providing transportation to the indian band only.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=P...Albert_Northern

I saw a J4500 numbered 154 (pretty sure - used to be a Prevost numbered the same?) running with 153 yesterday, with the same livery as 157 and 158, but lime green in color.

158 was here today as well.

156 was in town on Sunday too.

Yes there was a #154 H3-45 Pervost ( i think it was 2000 or 2001) I drove #154 for an 18 tour to Nashville and went to California on another 11 day and went to Toronto with it. Good bus never let me down.

152, 154, 155, 157,158, 159, 160 all have the same livery but all have different color.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'll be operating a coach from April 21- May 1 down to California for this company. It'll be a nice change from Supervising @ Saskatoon Transit!!

You work for both Saskatoon Transit and Prince Albert Northern?

Will you be making a stop in Vancouver along the way?

Nice bus. #159 used to be an ex. Maverick Coach Lines unit right?

It doesn't seem like it according to this picture taken in 2006. DeJong is a small company based in Brooks, AB. So I would think the coach I have pictured was a leased unit that was returned and picked up by PAN.

dejong_103.jpg

More recent picture of the same coach on their website

http://www.dejongstours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some shots of P.A.N. 158 I caught at the Saskatoon STC Garage on Saturday morning. And as promised in the MTR thread, P.A.N. 165 (Ex-MTR 5260) also found at the Saskatoon STC Garage captured on Thursday. Sorry about the quality. All I had available for pictures was my cell phone.

SSPX0643.jpg

SSPX0644.jpg

SSPX0662.jpg

SSPX0664.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here are pictures of #164 and #165, both ex-MTR Western units. Both shots were taken in Calgary over this past couple months. Still amazingly sharp and fine looking units despite being used coaches, though judging from the radiator vents and the older H3-45 logo on the doorside, these seem to be 2004 or 2005 units, possibly 2006?

prince-albert-northern_164-2.jpg

prince-albert-northern_165.jpg

• 4 weeks later...