Unable to create thumbnail view

Michael Taylor

I added 2 STO photos of 0326 & 9212. Upload is OK, shows in the Wiki recent changes pages but I get this error message when I preview or save.

Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/home/cptdbca/public_html/wiki/images/1/1f/Socit_de_transport_de_l'Outaouais_9212-a.jpg': No such file or directory.

convert: missing an image filename `/home/cptdbca/public_html/wiki/images/thumb/1/1f/Socit_de_transport_de_l'Outaouais_9212-a.jpg/128px-Socit_de_transport_de_l'Outaouais_9212-a.jpg'.

Same error message for 0326.

Files were named: |[[image: Société de transport de l'Outaouais 9212-a.jpg|128px]]

however, I noticed that the error message truncated "Société" to "Socit"

Try to upload it again. It may be a browser issue not sending the special characters (é) properly, or the script not recognizing them for some reason despite having done so in the past. What browser are you using?

I overwrote the image of 9212 with a crappy sequence of pics I took with my cell phone. So Firefox 3 seems to be working.

And of course that is likely why it is complaining, there is no file named "Socit_de_transport_de_l'Outaouais_9212-a.jpg" - it would need to have the special characters in it. :rolleyes:

Try to upload it again. It may be a browser issue not sending the special characters (é) properly, or the script not recognizing them for some reason despite having done so in the past. What browser are you using?

I overwrote the image of 9212 with a crappy sequence of pics I took with my cell phone. So Firefox 3 seems to be working.

And of course that is likely why it is complaining, there is no file named "Socit_de_transport_de_l'Outaouais_9212-a.jpg" - it would need to have the special characters in it. :rolleyes:

I tried it in both Firefox 3 and IE7.

No problem with uploading the photo. I get the error when I edit the page to add the thumbnail.

I have saved the page.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Soci%...01-9223#Details

What does it look like at your end.

Yeah, it's looking just as bad. Can you post the image here?

9212_sto_mt.jpg

I don't think it is the image that is the problem.

On page http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Soci%...ouais_0301-0328 if you click either of the 2 bottom thumbnails, they will not open the file size photo. You just get a string of Syntax errors.

It shouldn't be the image, but I just wanted to see if I could get it to upload with the special characters, which I could not.

I don't know why it won't accept the special characters now, it's weird...when I upgrade the wiki (which may be months from now) we'll see if that fixes itself or something.

For now I guess just use regular e's and that should definitely work. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

The thumbnails on that page both work for me.