Red Deer

M. Parsons

It's a good thing that the vinyl wraps for Red Deer on the D40LFRs, look alot better than the ones I've seen on Winnipegs buses... ours have no originality except for the 807/Safe Work Manitoba ad, and of course, our RT branding. Very nice to see!

I follow this one person on Instagram from Red Deer, all he takes is pics of the Novas and other buses. I'm gonna try and get him to join the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard on Sunny 94 (radio station) that there will be bus service between Red Deer, Blackfalds, and Lacombe. 2 buses are on order, and service will start Fall 2014.

Here's a link to a news article:

Blackfalds, Lacombe, and Red Deer entering into agreement to establish a regional transit system

Brice Roy/Globe Staff

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:35:28 MDT PM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, do you know what the ones in the background on the other lot are doing there? Looks like an Orion I :)

Those buses behind #893 belong to The National Motor Coach. Those buses arnt in use. The one on the left is a Former Denver Neoplan and the one on the right is a Orion 01.502

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Route and Schedule Finalized for Blackfalds transit"

Lacombe Globe March 19, 2014

They are still planning to launch 01 September 2014, but the buses may not be delivered on time.

The service (and the buses?) will be branded "BOLT" (i.e. bolt of lightning) since Blackfalds Lacombe Transit (BLT) makes people think "sandwich". :-)

This version of the article also includes a Blackfalds route map:

blackfalds-routemap.jpg