Niagara Transit Classics

Michael Taylor

From 2003-07 they were all white? That took a while to get a good livery work unless those guys have paint shop!

Buses arrived white and were painted before being put into service, as I do remember 80 and 81 arriving all white

Buses arrived white and were painted before being put into service, as I do remember 80 and 81 arriving all white

IIRC, the Orion V and VII camed with the livery. I belive in 2006 as the fleet # looks imperfect have started to do painting recently. It's also the absent of the Orion logo. However, I will ask them when I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
9041 has no engine or tranny in it anymore.. did it go into another Orion?

So I guess this means that 41 is retired then? If thats the case, I'm glad I rode it last summer.

Btw...are any of the new buses in service yet?

i saw 39 out there as well, retired also?

I hope it's not retired, that would only leave 9038 (assuming they don't retire it as well). What's the reason for the V's being retired, corrosion?

Btw, any new buses on the road yet?

I hope it's not retired, that would only leave 9038 (assuming they don't retire it as well). What's the reason for the V's being retired, corrosion?

Btw, any new buses on the road yet?

The new buses are being prepared for service as we speak, They should be on the road by the end of the month, I will for sure be trying to get one posed for photos during my Niagara charter in May !

The new buses are being prepared for service as we speak, They should be on the road by the end of the month, I will for sure be trying to get one posed for photos during my Niagara charter in May !

umm...The new buses have been on the road all last week

So what's the status of 38 and 39? Are they being retired like 40 and 41 or are they sticking around? What's the status of the cutaway's 2164 and 2165? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

So what's the status of 38 and 39? Are they being retired like 40 and 41 or are they sticking around? What's the status of the cutaway's 2164 and 2165? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

9038 is retired in a factory outlet wrap as it has some major corrosion issues. 9039 is also looking like it's done like dinner and it's unplated. One of the two cutaways is also unplated and that should spell the end of that junk.