Niagara Transit Classics

Michael Taylor

I was in Niagara today and saw Classic 8374 in the garage with plates BN2 949. It is not shown in the Wiki Niagara roster. Any idea what is is.

In addition there was an unplated Classic with running number blacked out.

That must be one of the ex St. Catherines Transit buses.

I was in Niagara today and saw Classic 8374 in the garage with plates BN2 949. It is not shown in the Wiki Niagara roster. Any idea what is is.

In addition there was an unplated Classic with running number blacked out.

Coach #8374 is ex St. Catharines 8479

The unplated Classic is Coach #8833 shes been retired for quite sometime

how does Niagara Falls number their fleet?

8374 is an 1984 GM

do they not put the year in their fleet numbers?

Well either you or Niagara Transit are wrong here. They number their fleet with the first two numbers being the year and the last two numbers being the bus number in the fleet.

According to that, 8374 should be a 1983 Classic, and the 74th bus in the fleet (in this rotation of fleet numbers).

Well either you or Niagara Transit are wrong here. They number their fleet with the first two numbers being the year and the last two numbers being the bus number in the fleet.

According to that, 8374 should be a 1983 Classic, and the 74th bus in the fleet (in this rotation of fleet numbers).

Actually Coach #74 is a 1984 GM Classic they just put the wrong year on the bus...not a big deal

• 4 months later...
i've seen them in fort erie a couple times but i have yet to have my camera with me to take pictures

I was down in Niagara Falls last Friday and the Ex St Catharines Classic 8373 was out on route 10A/B. 8937 (Niagara Transit Classic) was out on route 4 Jill. The Fort Erie run had a 2002 Orion V on it. No 1990 Orion V's in service.

I was down in Niagara Falls last Friday and the Ex St Catharines Classic 8373 was out on route 10A/B. 8937 (Niagara Transit Classic) was out on route 4 Jill. The Fort Erie run had a 2002 Orion V on it. No 1990 Orion V's in service.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if the 2002 Orion V's still have the wrap ads on them? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
No need to start a new topic for this, I heard that Niagara's El Dorado's have arrived. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Is it possible that some classics could be wiped out when they hit the road?

Yes the El Dorado's have arrived and the Classic's will be around for sometime