General WTF Moments

1 hour ago, Greatcoinz said:

Come to think, out of all the things people would steal, Flowers?

Can't help but think perhaps someone was desperate for some beauty in their lives. Doesn't make stealing right, but flowers can be replaced. Yes, this pandemic has definitely shown us the ugly side of humanity, but also the good side.

The Wild Birds Unlimited Store across from me has had suet cakes and seed cylinders stolen from the front of their store. Obviously someone just wants to feed birds in their yard. Again, it's not right, but also not a big deal. They did find out who did it, they also ended up taking some plants in planters from the side of the store. Maybe all the social isolation has just gotten  some people wanting a bit of beauty in their yard, and the company of feathered friends. ???? Probably acts borne out of loneliness rather than aggression or vindictiveness.

• 2 weeks later...

The store I work at got robbed again. They went for the emergency exits causing the alarms to scream for nearly a half hour. From what a coworker told me, someone with a duffel bag took around $1000 in meat. I come to wonder what is the point of security at work. All they do is tell people that there is one entrance and exit. I consider them the "door boy" as that's all they do. They didn't let anyone with backpacks or big bags in the store when I first started but for some reason stopped enforcing it. With the city enforcing mandatory masks indoors, I assume this will be more frequent of robberies. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

The store I work at got robbed again. They went for the emergency exits causing the alarms to scream for nearly a half hour. From what a coworker told me, someone with a duffel bag took around $1000 in meat. I come to wonder what is the point of security at work. All they do is tell people that there is one entrance and exit. I consider them the "door boy" as that's all they do. They didn't let anyone with backpacks or big bags in the store when I first started but for some reason stopped enforcing it. With the city enforcing mandatory masks indoors, I assume this will be more frequent of robberies. 

Sounds more like shoplifting rather than a robbery. 

Security is largely a deterrent. Contracted security in my experience is usually very limited in what the company wants them to do. 

Internal loss prevention employees can have the power to arrest, but, often are not authorized by their employer to use force, either to prevent shoplifting, or to effect an arrest. 

I was at Walmart yesterday evening (just before 9 PM) and the wife and daughter go in with masks. The husband doesn't go with a mask and the security guard literally stops asking "why are you not wearing a mask."

The man responds "because I am with my wife and daughter. I don't need to wear a mask."

Didn't stay around long enough for what the man would do next. Since it could easily turn violent. Noting that masks are mandatory in all indoor public places. Especially in retail stores where people need to pick up essentials. 

6 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The man responds "because I am with my wife and daughter. I don't need to wear a mask."

This man is part of what is wrong with the world today and why covid cases are spiking everywhere.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 8:26 AM, captaintrolley said:

This man is part of what is wrong with the world today and why covid cases are spiking everywhere.

Interesting enough, there was one person who went to Shoppers Drug Mart in Niagara Falls to remove the physical distance markers/decals and literally said "I only comply with police." Noting he wasn't wearing a mask and he had two friends record the incident which is on Youtube. To be honest, he didn't garner a lot of support especially with the dislikes and comments. 

At least he got arrested by police for mischief to the store's property.

Wonder if it was really worth the criminal charge just because of how the store is mandated to have specific measures in-place.

Here is the link: https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news/crime/2020/08/04/scraping-arrows-off-shoppers-drug-mart-floor-leads-to-criminal-charge-against-niagara-falls-man.html

Customer came in today and complained that our store had failed to deliver her a new patio door today as a sales person had promised her yesterday, and now she was furious because she had already started to take apart the old one and now she had neither door available to her. There was no one around overnight to package the door ready for shipping so of course the order couldn't go out.

I honestly don't understand how these people get through life. Why wouldn't you wait to physically have the product on hand before starting a destructive process in your home? Who puts this much faith in salespeople?????

• Like 4

So someone got stabbed early this morning at a bar on Dundas west https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/08/man-found-stabbed-near-party-dundas-west-bar-toronto/

Given that this is very close to where my brother lives, and he sometimes likes to go out to bars with his friends, this hit really close to home and got me seriously worried for his safety. I immediately called him to make sure he's ok and luckily he is, he didn't know about the incident until I told him.

And then there was this too https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/08/chainsaw-fight-cherry-beach-toronto/ just WTF

• Sad 1

F231CD52-286E-4050-BCE7-B0B777FE4FD0.thumb.jpeg.1d4ed3a91c7d176c3311e7089c0a0517.jpeg

I picked the parcel up off my porch and it rattled so I got the phone out and did a photo unboxing because I figured I was going to have to make a claim on this.  But I was not prepared for what I saw inside.  Or didn’t see inside, notably, any padding.  Seriously.  That’s what I found when I opened the boxes.  Glass mugs.  No padding.  WTF kind of packing job is this? The results were sadly predictable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Not sure what kind of moment, but WTF probably is the best category.

So, about three years ago I got my internet switched over to FiOS (Fiber Optik System). Our building had fiber installed in every unit, so I figured since it wasn't gonna cost any more I would go for it. I kept the landline on the old 'copper' system because, according to the tech that was doing the hook up, to move my phone to FiOS, the base unit would have to be moved to the laundry room (where the FiOS stuff is). I told him no way do I want my phone in the laundry room.

Then current room mate moves in and wants Telus TV. ( I don't watch TV) I insisted she set up her own account with Telus and pay for it herself. I had a real hassle with Telus TV with a former room mate and I was adamant not to have the TV on my account ever again. So the Telus TV is on the 'copper' system b/c apparently they could not split accounts using the one FiOS box.

Anyhow, current room mate has been complaining for the last two years, and even more so lately, that she is getting 'poor' wifi in her room (which is not even 10 steps from the FiOS box). So a Telus tech that lives in my building (Stuart) came over and did a signal strength test and speed test and determined the wifi is just fine, that roomie probably needs a new wifi card or antenna in her lap top. He did suggest I upgrade to Internet 25 to appease her. He also added that Internet 15 is being phased out for FiOS, that I have it only because it was available for FiOS at the time I signed up for it.

Now, here comes the fun part. Apparently my internet cannot be upgraded because my 'back end' is broken. This has not affected services and speeds, but until it is fixed it will prevent any upgrades. Stuart says that when I converted to fiber originally, everything was fine. When room mate moved in and TV was hooked up to copper, the 'system' now thinks all my services are on copper, and provisioning and info appears to have been scrubbed by the fiber system, yet somehow services remained active.

Stuart says he has his 'best nerds' working on it, but it may take some time as they have never seen anything quite like it. ('Never seen anything like it' pretty much sums up my entire existence). He figures they may have to do another 'conversion' to get all my info back into the system correctly, but that he says he will personally have to do it because [quote/]  I cannot imagine trying to explain this all to another tech and have it go right. [/unquote]

• Haha 3

We need a SMH thread...

So room mate works for a Market Research company. Since Covid shut down their office she has been working from home. Her job is not ongoing, it is just one project at a time, sometimes with several weeks between projects.

Anyhow, she is starting a new work project on Wednesday and requested that I get Long Distance added to our phone plan (again). Of course the price went up, $20.00 / month now, it was $15.00 just a short 'project' ago.

So room mate said I should have asked for a deal by bundling Long Distance and REGULAR Distance together. SMH.

I have no words for this. Absolutely. No. Words.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking of SMH moments...

At work, there are always at least two people scheduled to work at the customer service desk, save for early mornings and late evenings. Usually there's more than two. It's necessary, given that there's a variety of jobs to be take care of, and returns are no small part of that that require all hands on deck.

Well today, when the afternoon associate came in, I was informed she was being pulled off the service desk and being taken away into the rest of the store to... clean up the many messy aisles and unpack new shipments, leaving me to the customer service desk all by myself! Returns, online orders, delivery coordination, phone calls, and curbside pick up all fell to me. Officially, there was one other manager that was scheduled to work at that desk, but because of managerial things, much of the time he wasn't around and I was left to go it quite literally alone, until the evening associate arrived. 

Sure, there always needs to be a few of us there because there's so much work to be done, but somehow I'm supposed to be able to hold the fort down all by myself, all so that the store can be made to look prettier. Are there no departmental associates who can do this job? Why pull away already scarce resources from one of the most high demand areas of the store? Just the thought makes me angry.

Well, at least I'm not back until Sunday...

• Sad 1
On 2/17/2020 at 11:22 PM, PCC Guy said:

I'll say! It's fine to have preferences for things you want to be saved, but the super aggressive, overbearing way in which these people go about communicating that information is something else.

The irony of it all is that, thanks to the abhorrent maintenance conditions in Bratislava, "we shouldn't save this because it's a disgusting, rotted out pile of garbage" is a sentence you can say about pretty much everything that doesn't run on rails, which makes the aggression and condescension even more annoying to deal with. It also makes preservation much more of a challenge. On several occasions our own vehicles have been too far gone to preserve, and we ended up having to buy second hand ones from other cities in the former Czechoslovakia to fill the gap in our historical collection.

Not my photo (sadly), but here is the bus I have been rooting for:

img00008.jpg

This bus was built in 2002 as a replacement for a previous bus, also numbered 6617, which got into a biiig accident in 2000 and was irreparably damaged. It's pretty much had no maintenance done to it since 2002, and it's been sitting outside since being sidelined in 2015. Fine, I'll accept that it's in terrible shape, though people also dislike it because it used some parts from the original 6617, therefore making it a "mix of parts pretending to be a trolleybus"!

But the liked bus in the community, no. 6607, can't be in that much better shape. For years, people have been saying that it, too, was a rotted pile of garbage. It was built in 1990, and the only significant round of maintenance it underwent was a mid-tier repair in 2005. In 2013, its frame actually broke and the bus was retired, before they banged it back together and ran it in service for another year. It went out of service in 2014, and it, too, has been sitting outside since then. If I said that it "should be scrapped, burned, buried, and then a nuke set off on the spot where the remains of the burned, scrapped bus were buried" about this thing (yes, someone once said that about 6617. I wish I was making this up), I would be torn to shreds (fine by me, I like this one too; I just don't understand the double standard. Why should your flaming pile of garbage be fixed, but mine shouldn't?)

img00004.jpg

Double whammy WTF moment, and another one that makes me think that 2020 is a hallucination instead of a real year (though this time positively).

I mentioned before that some of these buses are being repaired and being put back into service. What I never would've imagined, in a million years on this earth, was that 6617 would be one of those that is being repaired and put back into service!!! Of course, if the repair is successful, this will be huge news, but the chances of something like this happening were so astronomically low that it makes me wonder if, right after I (eventually) grab a photo of it in service, I should also purchase a lottery ticket.

Now of course is the time to stay off the Bratislava transit community, because the amounts of insults, personal attacks, hours long debates that go nowhere, and aggressive rage that are sure to accompany this decision exhaust me just by thinking about them. The hows and whys and should'ves don't concern me - the end result is all that I'm interested in. I wish there was a way to filter out all the emotionally charged comments and just stay abreast of the facts, such as they are. Alas!

2 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Double whammy WTF moment, and another one that makes me think that 2020 is a hallucination instead of a real year (though this time positively).

I mentioned before that some of these buses are being repaired and being put back into service. What I never would've imagined, in a million years on this earth, was that 6617 would be one of those that is being repaired and put back into service!!! Of course, if the repair is successful, this will be huge news, but the chances of something like this happening were so astronomically low that it makes me wonder if, right after I (eventually) grab a photo of it in service, I should also purchase a lottery ticket.

Now of course is the time to stay off the Bratislava transit community, because the amounts of insults, personal attacks, hours long debates that go nowhere, and aggressive rage that are sure to accompany this decision exhaust me just by thinking about them. The hows and whys and should'ves don't concern me - the end result is all that I'm interested in. I wish there was a way to filter out all the emotionally charged comments and just stay abreast of the facts, such as they are. Alas!

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  This sort of thing has happened before, not that it's a common occurrence, but it has happened.  The TTC was parking Gloucesters pretty quickly in 1986 when the H6 cars started arriving before it was discovered that they had serious problems.  Lavalin (the Lavalin half of what eventually became the SNC-Lavalin mess), which owned the plant in Thunder Bay after UTDC unloaded it, built a fleet of total lemons and when it was discovered how many and how bad some of the problems were with the H6 cars, the TTC then unmothballed the Gloucesters that had been parked and put almost all of them back in service.  The notable exception were the G2s because all six of them had already been converted into work cars right off the top around '86 since nobody anticipated needing to have them carrying passengers again.

The MBTA had kind of the same thing when the Boeings were delivered.  I don't even know offhand if they even got to parking PCC cars because the problems with the Boeings showed up so quickly.  The didn't work out as expected and the T was dependent on PCC cars and buses until the worst of the problems were settled down but the Boeings were never all that great though.

The Transit community in Bratislava sounds like it's a mirror image of here though which is unfortunate.  The fights about what should be saved etc. etc. etc. all sounds like deja vu all over again.  I'm tired of it.  I'm not a walking bank machine to finance GEEZER play time.  I'm not a free labour machine to do the grunt work to enable GEEZER playtime.  I'm not a free consultant so that GEEZERS can rampantly steal intellectual property after screwing up with schoolboy mistakes.  Or stealing pretty much anything that the GEEZERS decide they want because if you have it and they want it, you should give it to them because it's called "donation" and it's "mandatory".  What's important to me may or may not exactly overlap what's important to the GEEZERS.  I mentioned the Gloucesters up above.  That word along with the S word are on the list of words you don't say around GEEZERS because they lose their minds because that S word represents the loss of the Yonge streetcar, the Bloor-Danforth streetcar and a bunch of other streetcar abandonments that were associated with the S word opening up and if you make a mistake and accidentally say the word "subway", you're in for it.  I could go on all day with other examples but you already know what I'm talking about.  I've been told things have changed but from what little of it I've been exposed to recently, from what I've seen, it's been more of the same, so no thanks.  No.  I'm not signing up to go through any of that shit again.  Forget it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  This sort of thing has happened before, not that it's a common occurrence, but it has happened.  The TTC was parking Gloucesters pretty quickly in 1986 when the H6 cars started arriving before it was discovered that they had serious problems.  Lavalin (the Lavalin half of what eventually became the SNC-Lavalin mess), which owned the plant in Thunder Bay after UTDC unloaded it, built a fleet of total lemons and when it was discovered how many and how bad some of the problems were with the H6 cars, the TTC then unmothballed the Gloucesters that had been parked and put almost all of them back in service.  The notable exception were the G2s because all six of them had already been converted into work cars right off the top around '86 since nobody anticipated needing to have them carrying passengers again.

The MBTA had kind of the same thing when the Boeings were delivered.  I don't even know offhand if they even got to parking PCC cars because the problems with the Boeings showed up so quickly.  The didn't work out as expected and the T was dependent on PCC cars and buses until the worst of the problems were settled down but the Boeings were never all that great though.

Sure, vehicles have come out of mothballs before, and it's always interesting when they do, but technically this shouldn't have even been possible. Not only have all these buses been out of service for way longer than is the typical timeline for coming out of mothballs (6617 disappeared in January 2015), but on paper, they have way more new trolleys in Bratislava than they ever needed to provide service. Fortunately, maintenance has been shoddy, and there appears to be very little will to sort that out. I don't know why, but hey, if they want to make it worth it to shoot trolleys again, who am I to object? If they are successful fixing up 6617, it might even end up bearing better for the bus in the long term since that thing is a wreck.

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

The Transit community in Bratislava sounds like it's a mirror image of here though which is unfortunate.  The fights about what should be saved etc. etc. etc. all sounds like deja vu all over again.  I'm tired of it.  I'm not a walking bank machine to finance GEEZER play time.  I'm not a free labour machine to do the grunt work to enable GEEZER playtime.  I'm not a free consultant so that GEEZERS can rampantly steal intellectual property after screwing up with schoolboy mistakes.  Or stealing pretty much anything that the GEEZERS decide they want because if you have it and they want it, you should give it to them because it's called "donation" and it's "mandatory".  What's important to me may or may not exactly overlap what's important to the GEEZERS.  I mentioned the Gloucesters up above.  That word along with the S word are on the list of words you don't say around GEEZERS because they lose their minds because that S word represents the loss of the Yonge streetcar, the Bloor-Danforth streetcar and a bunch of other streetcar abandonments that were associated with the S word opening up and if you make a mistake and accidentally say the word "subway", you're in for it.  I could go on all day with other examples but you already know what I'm talking about.  I've been told things have changed but from what little of it I've been exposed to recently, from what I've seen, it's been more of the same, so no thanks.  No.  I'm not signing up to go through any of that shit again.  Forget it.

In the case of Bratislava, the problem is actually with the youngsters, a lot of the time.

Depending on what the issue is.

It's the youngsters who engage in flame wars and throw around absurd rhetoric like "a mix of parts pretending to be a trolleybus" (which is an asinine argument; as though having used a few parts off the former 6617 instead of having everything made from scratch, or being officially indicated as a "rebuild" than a new vehicle somehow takes away the historical value of the object you are seeing). It's not good enough to not like the bus, but they also have to come after anyone who does and make them see "sense". I've never seen it get this bad this side of the pond, except in NYC.

The geezers, in Bratislava, are the ones who attack you for every typo, grammatical mistake, or strange choice of phrasing you might choose. I can ask a question to spark a discussion, but because I didn't write the question like a professor of Slovak, they pick apart that mistake and the question gets ignored, like I haven't spent the better part of the last 14 years far away from my home. I even had one of them tell me that if I was his child, he would've beaten me for the spelling mistakes that I made. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen much of the conflict with geezers that you mention, but I also don't spend time in the right circles to, really. A lot of the older people in the hobby don't do Facebook or Instagram, which is where all the flame wars happen with the youngsters. In all cases, though, I don't understand it. I totally get being passionate about one's hobby, but if you're at the point where you're waging war at anyone who so much as looks at you funny, you should probably stop and think if all this shit is worth it. A hobby shouldn't cause you stress.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Sure, vehicles have come out of mothballs before, and it's always interesting when they do, but technically this shouldn't have even been possible. Not only have all these buses been out of service for way longer than is the typical timeline for coming out of mothballs (6617 disappeared in January 2015), but on paper, they have way more new trolleys in Bratislava than they ever needed to provide service. Fortunately, maintenance has been shoddy, and there appears to be very little will to sort that out. I don't know why, but hey, if they want to make it worth it to shoot trolleys again, who am I to object? If they are successful fixing up 6617, it might even end up bearing better for the bus in the long term since that thing is a wreck.

In the case of Bratislava, the problem is actually with the youngsters, a lot of the time.

Depending on what the issue is.

It's the youngsters who engage in flame wars and throw around absurd rhetoric like "a mix of parts pretending to be a trolleybus" (which is an asinine argument; as though having used a few parts off the former 6617 instead of having everything made from scratch, or being officially indicated as a "rebuild" than a new vehicle somehow takes away the historical value of the object you are seeing). It's not good enough to not like the bus, but they also have to come after anyone who does and make them see "sense". I've never seen it get this bad this side of the pond, except in NYC.

The geezers, in Bratislava, are the ones who attack you for every typo, grammatical mistake, or strange choice of phrasing you might choose. I can ask a question to spark a discussion, but because I didn't write the question like a professor of Slovak, they pick apart that mistake and the question gets ignored, like I haven't spent the better part of the last 14 years far away from my home. I even had one of them tell me that if I was his child, he would've beaten me for the spelling mistakes that I made. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen much of the conflict with geezers that you mention, but I also don't spend time in the right circles to, really. A lot of the older people in the hobby don't do Facebook or Instagram, which is where all the flame wars happen with the youngsters. In all cases, though, I don't understand it. I totally get being passionate about one's hobby, but if you're at the point where you're waging war at anyone who so much as looks at you funny, you should probably stop and think if all this shit is worth it. A hobby shouldn't cause you stress.

I don't do any of the social media platforms for many reasons.  The erosion of privacy in pretty much every direction (freely snoopable by the general public, can be required to turn over data by just about any government out there, sale and purchase of harvested data by just about every social media platform and marketing company out there) is pretty extreme plus it always seems to settle into the lowest common denominator and turn into a cesspool for pretty much any given subject.  The only two exceptions are a pretty bare bones LinkedIn account since you have to have it these days and a dummy account on Facebook for getting football team/league notifications.

GEEZERS.  Yeah, the one that told you he would've beaten you over your spelling mistakes, that's pretty extreme.  The less extreme but still foul temperament among the old ones is almost like a universal constant for some reason.  I don't know why that is.  I've had fewer problems with the young people locally, maybe there's garbage on social media that I'm not seeing since I don't really participate in that, than I've had with the nasty old fogies.

A big part of the problem here is that there was no room for any differences in view or opinion on anything.  Questions have always been particularly unwelcome.  The general thrust of it has always been along the lines of be quiet, don't ask any questions, do as you're told, tow the party line, and when the hat gets passed around, put cash in - lots of cash.  There's always a cross generational divide about things that are important or liked and things that aren't and I totally get it.  For example, you've probably seen from my posts that Gloucesters were a big thing for me when I was growing up along with PCC cars and trolleybuses.  The perspective from the GEEZERS is understandably different because the subway system as a whole in Toronto represented a huge abandonment of streetcars.  PCC cars, as the TTC built the largest fleet of PCC cars in the world, meant that a lot of the older pre-TTC streetcars got retired.  I fully understand why the stuff I liked and was interesting and important to me would not be looked at affectionately by someone older because of the changes it represented but holy crow, that's not an excuse to go wholesale shitting all over people, especially when you stop to consider that all of it's going to be gone and retired some day; you know you're getting older when you see the replacements for the replacements come in and figure you're going to see the replacements for those eventually, too.

The cash shakedowns.  Holy cow.  The cash shakedowns.  It's funny how you can be ignored as if you're invisible or like you're not even there until the hat gets passed around to pay for something and then all of a sudden they remember you're there.  The number of times one of my best friends and I have been shat on, ignored, treated like retards, or totally frozen out until it's time to pass around the hat and pay for it all is over the top.  Actually, how the two of us got treated time and time again in situations like that makes my blood boil to this day.  Both of us just seethe and having been coerced into chipping in money on stuff we were frozen out of when the hat got handed around at the end.  We put money in to try and keep the peace but it was far more than once that this happened and both of us feel like we got taken advantage of to foot a number of bills.  None of the kids in the hobby has ever asked me for money or any of my friends for money much less twist arms for it as if it's an obligation after acting like total jerks.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, PCC Guy said:

...snip... "a mix of parts pretending to be a trolleybus"  ...snip...

That reminds me of something said about the C-130 Hercules cargo plane: "150,000 parts flying in loose formation".

Souda C-130.jpg

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add a photo of a Herky Bird.
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 8:57 AM, Wayside Observer said:

It’s Sobeys new grocery delivery service.

Pardon for the delay in response, but thanks. I've been using the new Voila service twice now and it's ultra better than Instacart and Inabuggy!

Also, I don't get it why PC Financial has decided to "reboot" its bank account offering ever since it's banking account arm has split to CIBC's no-fee bank account name in 2017 called "Simplii"?

Besides, will it even win back "The Original" PC Financial clients during the Loblaws/CIBC JV days? We'll see.

FYI, JV = Joint Venture

Edited by FutureHeartsJunkie
Added key points to the reply.
1 hour ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

Also, I don't get it why PC Financial has decided to "reboot" its bank account offering ever since it's banking account arm has split to CIBC's no-fee bank account name in 2017 called "Simplii"?

Besides, will it even win back "The Original" PC Financial clients during the Loblaws/CIBC JV days? We'll see.

FYI, JV = Joint Venture

I guess they really wanted to bring the capabilities of a credit card, but load value to make it accessible for those that can't get a credit card. Especially with the unlimited transactions at the same time, you have to load value from another account. Technically a pre-paid credit card.

Pretty much the way Loblaws is making money on PC Money MasterCard is via the interchange fees because it uses MasterCard network. Noting that the MasterCard portfolio (standard, World, World Elite) is the more profitable section because of the interest rates on unpaid credit card balances (20.97 percent standard).

Don't think the original clients will come back. Even though there is a welcome bonus of $50 in PC Optimum points for doing certain tasks. The major banks are offering $300 or a free gift for doing certain tasks. At the same time, you would need to maintain a certain balance to make it worthwhile and not pay a monthly fee.

• Thanks 1

I went to check my Telus account yesterday. Got to the home page, clicked on Log In and immediately got an error message about not being able to connect to the server. I cleared my cache, rebooted, did all the usual stuff, still the same error. So I phoned Telus to report it. Of course the agent always makes you feel like you are doing something incorrectly (I've been logging onto my Telus account using FireFox for the last 15 years or so). So after some more banter, he tells me that FireFox is not the best browser and that I should be using Chrome.

Well, I just happen to have Chrome loaded, so typed in the www.telus.com/myaccount and clicked Log In.  Got the SAME error message. So I told the rep, and he seemed utterly gobsmacked that the log in feature was not working on Chrome either.  I told him he should just admit there is a problem with the Telus server.

Anyhow, he submitted a ticket to get it checked out.  There must've been other complaints because it was working a couple hours later.

So then I checked my Telus account and to my amazement discovered that Pik TV had been mysteriously added to my account. I did NOT request this. So had to phone Telus (again) to get it removed. Then a rep from a different Telus department phones me back to confirm that I indeed want the Pik TV feature removed. I told him I did not request it in the first place, but he was adamant that I had requested it or it wouldn't be listed as one of my 'features'. I remained civil, but I was very specific when I told him I better not be getting any disconnection fee for this..

Today, the Pik TV feature is still on my account, but a mysterious credit of $2.33 also appeared on my account.  I did not overpay my last bill..  WTF is going on with Telus anyhow.???

On plural occasions, customers have come to my store and returned used valves, pipes, etc. from toilets and other similar installations. Is nothing sacred to these people?

• Sad 1