Cogeno

General WTF Moments

I saw a woman inside a clothing donation box. It looked like she had thrown items in the box out. When she saw me, she said she was looking for something which I couldn't hear.

1 minute ago, Tom1122 said:

I saw a woman inside a clothing donation box. It looked like she had thrown items in the box out. When she saw me, she said she was looking for something which I couldn't hear.

She was shopping... 🤣

Got to work Monday morning to find two police cruisers parked in front of the store, then I found out what happened....some guy locked himself in the bathroom of the dental office next door, and was high.

I went by the clothing donation box  where I saw that woman inside last night. She was clearly gone but there were several items stuffed into the phone booth next to the box. (Yes, an ACTUAL WORKING phonebooth). 

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

I went by the clothing donation box  where I saw that woman inside last night. She was clearly gone but there were several items stuffed into the phone booth next to the box. (Yes, an ACTUAL WORKING phonebooth). 

Maybe that is her fitting room where she was trying things on for size 🤣

Some day I'd like to find out how the hell all three of these jeans can be considered "medium indigo" despite looking dramatically different. It's a wonder I can find anything in my store.

Untitled.png

This morning on the bus, a girl sitting behind me was talking on the phone, and the conversation escalated into an argument, and she started saying "Why are you yelling at me?!" (you could actually kind-of hear his voice through the phone) and "You're a fucking psychopath!", and then she broke down and started crying, repeating the same phrases in tears, before getting off the bus. Needless to say, this got me a bit worried about her.

• Sad 1

On 11/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, PCC Guy said:

Some day I'd like to find out how the hell all three of these jeans can be considered "medium indigo" despite looking dramatically different. It's a wonder I can find anything in my store.

Untitled.png

New. used, and well-washed?😊

• Haha 1

The most ridiculous thing I've ever read was just this morning on Twitter, when I ended up going down a rabbit hole and found the profile of some rando on the website who claimed that they were responsible for writing basically every single classic rock song of the last 50 years.

They claimed that they'd assigned Freddie Mercury, Bono, and Madonna their stage names, that they were responsible for ensuring that Steve Wozniak was nicknamed "The Woz" and that Queen and Pink Floyd were called that, and that they'd ghostwritten every song by U2, Led Zeppellin, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Queen, David Bowie, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard, among others. They claimed that they were 15 in 1983 so I'm expected to believe that they were 7 years old when they wrote Bohemian Rhapsody, and even less than that when they named Queen and assigned Freddie Mercury that name.

They also claimed that Freddie had faked his own death in order to escape the public limelight, that they'd conceived the concept for The Godfather at 15 (in 1983, when the film came out in 1972 and the book in 1969) and that they were so upset when Panic! At The Disco covered Bohemian Rhapsody because he had ruined "their" song.

Riiiiight, OK.:lol:

• Haha 2

Someone really dropped the ball on Google Streetview in Toronto this past summer. I've reported the hack job to Google, among other monstrosities they did over the summer, but this really takes the cake.

So I was looking northbound at the intersection of Don mills and Barber Greene in Toronto.

ihvntQY.jpg

Aha, but what's this? Why does the bus in the southbound lane claim to be going to Steeles, when that is the north end of the route?

don%2Bmills.png

It turns out that the sloppy morons who put together the street view imagery this past summer reversed the image direction. I was actually looking southbound. Here is the actual northbound view, from August 2016.

Ftik3ls.jpg

Between this, and various instances of poorly aligned camera views in scenes such as this one from Bathurst & Vaughan, I'd be really interested to know who signed off on this.

uWiSwKy.jpg

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Someone really dropped the ball on Google Streetview in Toronto this past summer. I've reported the hack job to Google, among other monstrosities they did over the summer, but this really takes the cake.

So I was looking northbound at the intersection of Don mills and Barber Greene in Toronto.

ihvntQY.jpg

Aha, but what's this? Why does the bus in the southbound lane claim to be going to Steeles, when that is the north end of the route?

don%2Bmills.png

It turns out that the sloppy morons who put together the street view imagery this past summer reversed the image direction. I was actually looking southbound. Here is the actual northbound view, from August 2016.

Ftik3ls.jpg

Between this, and various instances of poorly aligned camera views in scenes such as this one from Bathurst & Vaughan, I'd be really interested to know who signed off on this.

uWiSwKy.jpg

You're confused because that first pic posted is Don Mills southbound. Third pic you posted is facing north bound but in the south bound lanes. The bus is in fact going north bound and it's sign is correct. 

https://goo.gl/maps/E9Ly4PJipj32

You're not technically incorrect, but the reason why I included the Steeles bus is because in the first image, you can see the red compass arrow point north even though the view is facing southbound. There's nothing incorrect about the actual sign, just the fact that the orientation is off.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, PCC Guy said:

You're not technically incorrect, but the reason why I included the Steeles bus is because in the first image, you can see the red compass arrow point north even though the view is facing southbound. There's nothing incorrect about the actual sign, just the fact that the orientation is off.

Then why not just say that the arrow is facing the wrong direction? 

Because the destination sign was what tipped me off that there was something wrong with the image to begin with. I've never been to that part of town in real life and I had no idea which way was north and which way was south, until I started clicking around I accepted what was being presented to me at face value.

Today I worked at Home Depot. Not one but two customers asked if we still had any real Christmas trees left. (We didn't). the first customer asked if I could check other stores to the point I actually phoned the store in Newmarket. No real trees. The second person didn't come until hours after the first.

I joined a Facebook group a couple of weeks ago for fans of PCC cars and inquired about whether posting photos of European PCCs was fine. I was told it was by many members, including an admin, and so I began posting photos of European Tatra PCCs. Now I've got one of the group members having a go at me and calling for the group to get back to North American PCCs.

Never imagined I'd encounter gatekeeping in such a niche area of interest in the hobby!

Yesterday I got on 597x at Finch, and some mentally crazy woman, out of nowhere for no reason at all, started yelling at me to get the fuck away, and immediately proceeded to assault me by kicking & hitting. I didn't bother picking a fight & escalating the situation, I just stepped out of the train and told 2 employees & they kicked her out (although I do wish that when she started charging at me, I should've shoved her out of the way and firmly told her to stay the fuck away from me). One of the employees asked if I'd like to proceed, I said I don't wish to press any charges, as long as she's removed from the property and not on the train with me. She was obviously out of her mind, probably struggling with unwanted thoughts (something a lot of people do) and suddenly snapped and lost control. If that's the case, I can't really blame her, she needs to get help. Getting her arrested & charged wouldn't really do any good and isn't worth it, as opposed to putting her in a hospital and getting her help, which would be more beneficial to her and others.

• Like 1

Two Christmas related WTF moments:

1. On Boxing Day, I was working at Home Depot, and I had not one but two people ask if we had any real trees left over; (we didn't). The first person asked to check other stores. The Home Depot in Newmarket was said to have three, but when I phoned them, they had none. The second person didn't come until hours after the first.

2. Yesterday I got a Christmas card from my aunt. What's strange is that when she mailed it, she mailed one for my sister (to the same address) and it arrived some time BEFORE Christmas.

• Confused 1

Why is the world of visual media such a shambles? If a musician releases a new song, it'll be on all the online services imaginable unless they're some uber pretentious douchebag like Kanye or Beyonce. Meanwhile, I have a subscription to Netflix and Amazon Prime, and there are still so many tv shows and movies I don't have access to. What gives?? What's a guy gotta do to watch the new season of Brooklyn 99 lol