Cogeno

General WTF Moments

19 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

This: 

What’s wrong with that? It’s a personal pet peeve (as peeves usually are?).

I knew someone would have a problem with this lol...didn't fail to disappoint.

For some reason Discovery Channel will be airing four episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" tomorrow evening. I know it's a popular show, but it's not the kind of this one would expect to see on the Discovery Channel.

• Haha 1

Earlier today I was driving home from work and I passed a school bus going the other way. The school bus was pushing a green bin on its front bumper. The driver was probably oblivious...

• Haha 1

Queen Street East just before Yonge Street, outside Eaton Center with the traffic lights.

Light is green which means traffic has the right of way, me yacking away on the phone (hands free) with RBC Customer Support. 

South Asian Youngster with a cigarette in his mouth, could have been a spliff; walks across Queen Street forcing traffic to abruptly stop...... on Queen Street during Rush Hour, but He does it with so much arrogance and ignorance that you want to get out and beat the living shit out of him. I almost ran over that asshole.... had it not been my full attention on the road and not on the phone.

Kid must have been High on whack 

Dashcam View (No Audio)

• Like 1

Never had someone ask me for money on the bus until now.

I got on the bus to my area around 7:45PM and where I live, I live in the deep suburbs, practically a new area. I get on at the train station and this drunk in the back of the bus wakes up as everyone gets on. We wait 10 minutes as the bus was early. He then started demanding me and another passenger to give him change. 

I told him loudly yet nicely: "I DON'T HAVE ANY CHANGE ON ME" after he asked me the third time. 

He then went to the driver, got a free transfer then disappeared shortly before the bus departed. The other passenger that was also demanded money to looked at me and went WTF. I knew it could happen but never expected it where I live.

17 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

Never had someone ask me for money on the bus until now.

I got on the bus to my area around 7:45PM and where I live, I live in the deep suburbs, practically a new area. I get on at the train station and this drunk in the back of the bus wakes up as everyone gets on. We wait 10 minutes as the bus was early. He then started demanding me and another passenger to give him change. 

I told him loudly yet nicely: "I DON'T HAVE ANY CHANGE ON ME" after he asked me the third time. 

He then went to the driver, got a free transfer then disappeared shortly before the bus departed. The other passenger that was also demanded money to looked at me and went WTF. I knew it could happen but never expected it where I live.

Reminds me of a guy in Tucson, Arizona that claimed he needed $10 for a taxi to get him somewhere in an hour or he'd "loose everything". I wasn't feeling chartable as my Amtrak train was running 12 hours late and I had spent most of the night on a hard wood bench in the station. He couldn't take a hint that I wouldn't give him money and was wasting his precious hour continuing to say "PLEASE?"

A few months later in Halifax when someone else asked me for money and I said no, he said something along the lines of "Thanks anyway". I thought "At least homeless people are smarter here than in Tucson, Arizona!"

When I started work at Home Depot, I immediately was asked if we had any Christmas lights as a customer was looking for them. (We didn't have any strings). Interestingly enough, 30 minutes before my shift ended, someone returned some Christmas lights. I don't know if these two incidents are related or not.

1 hour ago, RevEleven said:

Cortana is like a bad ex.

I don't even use that lol, but I see where you're coming from.

I wonder what Cortana thinks when she sees me failing to study calculus. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I don't even use that lol, but I see where you're coming from.

I wonder what Cortana thinks when she sees me failing to study calculus. 

Not as mad as she gets when she sees you using other search engines.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

So basically I like energy drinks now and you all heard of Rockstar and Monster right? So today I went to the store to buy this new rockstar flavour called Strawberry from the SuperSours lineup. I come home and get on my PS4. Then I open the drink and a take a huge sip of it. It had to be the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Describing how bad it tastes is just not even worth saying. Safe to say I ain't drinking that flavour again.

9 hours ago, GRT 2610 said:

So basically I like energy drinks now and you all heard of Rockstar and Monster right? So today I went to the store to buy this new rockstar flavour called Strawberry from the SuperSours lineup. I come home and get on my PS4. Then I open the drink and a take a huge sip of it. It had to be the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Describing how bad it tastes is just not even worth saying. Safe to say I ain't drinking that flavour again.

You shouldn't drink those at all. Two cans is all it takes to risk having a heart attack.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RevEleven said:

Two cans is all it takes to risk having a heart attack.

This is true. I stick with the Ice Capps to keep me awake/going. If that doesn't work, then its not worth staying up for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RevEleven said:

You shouldn't drink those at all. Two cans is all it takes to risk having a heart attack.

Agreed. Those drinks are garbage. An apple and a cup of coffee is actually way better for you to promote alertness.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Agreed. Those drinks are garbage. An apple and a cup of coffee is actually way better for you to promote alertness.

I'm gonna agree with you on the fact that energy drinks are horrible, I rarely ever drink coffee but now that you mentioned "an apple and a coffee" I am going to give it a try and see how it works.

The recent snowstorms that pummeled the Detroit area resulted in these couple few:

• On Saturday, while driving to do some entertainment stuff in Detroit, I passed by two different (coincidentally) white cars that were stuck right in the middle of huge snowbanks. The first was on Northline Road west at the closed-for-construction ramp to northbound I-75, the second was on Dix Highway north at the traffic light with Gregory Street in Lincoln Park.
  • Secondly, yesterday, while driving home from grabbing some things at Kroger Marketplace, approaching a residential intersection in the Taylor Park section of Wyandotte, I pulled up to a yield sign just as a city snowplow came by on the cross street and plowed a big snowbank almost right towards my windshield. Had I came by just a second later, the outcome would've been a lot worse.