General WTF Moments

Cogeno

39 minutes ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

What in the world is "Simplii"? At first I thought it is pronounced "Sim-plies" (rhymes with "supplies"). Can anyone confirm on what "Simplii" is?

http://business.financialpost.com/news/fp-street/whats-coming-for-presidents-choice-financial-customers-when-cibc-sets-up-simplii

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing candy crush saga on my new HP computer when it just shuts off for no reason. I got upset and went to boot up my Nintendo Gamecube. Then there is something wrong with the player 2 controller. What makes me more angry is watching my sister dying in her game over and over again. 

Life....**then continues watching football**.

2 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Playing candy crush saga on my new HP computer when it just shuts off for no reason. I got upset and went to boot up my Nintendo Gamecube. Then there is something wrong with the player 2 controller. What makes me more angry is watching my sister dying in her game over and over again. 

Life....**then continues watching football**.

I have a new HP computer also !!! So far no troubles.  The only games I play are Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Freecell.  I'm not sure I know how to play those other games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I have a new HP computer also !!! So far no troubles.  The only games I play are Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Freecell.  I'm not sure I know how to play those other games.

It's OK, but it is just very slow. I can play Solitaire, but it is just lagy.

This happened back in spring, when I didn't join yet. I was walking outside, and I suddenly see a car facing the opposite direction on a road, with the driver inside. Everyone else was honking at them as soon as they passed by. How he did that, I don't know.

I didn't see what happened before. Fortunately, there were no accidents.

A combined WTF/FML moment:

When I was coming home from work, the Change Oil warning light came on in my car. A few months ago I went to Mr. Lube for an oil change and like usual, they gave me a sticker telling me a date and/or a mileage {kilometerage} before I had to come in again. I was within both by a safe range (3000 km and almost a week before the date). Yet the Change Oil light had come on.

That happened once before, mere days after I had previously got an oil change at Mr. Lube. I drove back there to find that they had simply forgotten to reset the warning light.

I'm not sure if this was the case again or a faulty light. Never the less, I'll go tomorrow for an oil change.

17 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

A combined WTF/FML moment:

When I was coming home from work, the Change Oil warning light came on in my car. A few months ago I went to Mr. Lube for an oil change and like usual, they gave me a sticker telling me a date and/or a mileage {kilometerage} before I had to come in again. I was within both by a safe range (3000 km and almost a week before the date). Yet the Change Oil light had come on.

That happened once before, mere days after I had previously got an oil change at Mr. Lube. I drove back there to find that they had simply forgotten to reset the warning light.

I'm not sure if this was the case again or a faulty light. Never the less, I'll go tomorrow for an oil change.

I went to Mr. Lube and as it turned out, it was really the fact they forgot to reset the warning light. While I was there, I decided to get an oil change anyway. It also provided me an opportunity to finally be able to photograph one of the VIVA Christmas buses (1770). I had previously been unable to get a photo of it so the WTF/FML moment turned out to be an FY moment!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 8:24 PM, captaintrolley said:

Looks like everyone around here is getting new computers. 

• Like 1

Today at my mom's ice cream store, I saw the display on the cordless phone which shows the time and how much battery is left was inexplicably flipped vertical. The phone still worked though. To make things even more odd, the problem fixed itself without anyone doing anything to it as the display was right side up.

• 3 weeks later...