General WTF Moments

Cogeno

Queen Street East just before Yonge Street, outside Eaton Center with the traffic lights.

Light is green which means traffic has the right of way, me yacking away on the phone (hands free) with RBC Customer Support. 

South Asian Youngster with a cigarette in his mouth, could have been a spliff; walks across Queen Street forcing traffic to abruptly stop...... on Queen Street during Rush Hour, but He does it with so much arrogance and ignorance that you want to get out and beat the living shit out of him. I almost ran over that asshole.... had it not been my full attention on the road and not on the phone.

Kid must have been High on whack 

• Like 1

Never had someone ask me for money on the bus until now.

I got on the bus to my area around 7:45PM and where I live, I live in the deep suburbs, practically a new area. I get on at the train station and this drunk in the back of the bus wakes up as everyone gets on. We wait 10 minutes as the bus was early. He then started demanding me and another passenger to give him change. 

I told him loudly yet nicely: "I DON'T HAVE ANY CHANGE ON ME" after he asked me the third time. 

He then went to the driver, got a free transfer then disappeared shortly before the bus departed. The other passenger that was also demanded money to looked at me and went WTF. I knew it could happen but never expected it where I live.

17 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

Never had someone ask me for money on the bus until now.

I got on the bus to my area around 7:45PM and where I live, I live in the deep suburbs, practically a new area. I get on at the train station and this drunk in the back of the bus wakes up as everyone gets on. We wait 10 minutes as the bus was early. He then started demanding me and another passenger to give him change. 

I told him loudly yet nicely: "I DON'T HAVE ANY CHANGE ON ME" after he asked me the third time. 

He then went to the driver, got a free transfer then disappeared shortly before the bus departed. The other passenger that was also demanded money to looked at me and went WTF. I knew it could happen but never expected it where I live.

Reminds me of a guy in Tucson, Arizona that claimed he needed $10 for a taxi to get him somewhere in an hour or he'd "loose everything". I wasn't feeling chartable as my Amtrak train was running 12 hours late and I had spent most of the night on a hard wood bench in the station. He couldn't take a hint that I wouldn't give him money and was wasting his precious hour continuing to say "PLEASE?"

A few months later in Halifax when someone else asked me for money and I said no, he said something along the lines of "Thanks anyway". I thought "At least homeless people are smarter here than in Tucson, Arizona!"

When I started work at Home Depot, I immediately was asked if we had any Christmas lights as a customer was looking for them. (We didn't have any strings). Interestingly enough, 30 minutes before my shift ended, someone returned some Christmas lights. I don't know if these two incidents are related or not.

So basically I like energy drinks now and you all heard of Rockstar and Monster right? So today I went to the store to buy this new rockstar flavour called Strawberry from the SuperSours lineup. I come home and get on my PS4. Then I open the drink and a take a huge sip of it. It had to be the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Describing how bad it tastes is just not even worth saying. Safe to say I ain't drinking that flavour again.

9 hours ago, GRT 2610 said:

So basically I like energy drinks now and you all heard of Rockstar and Monster right? So today I went to the store to buy this new rockstar flavour called Strawberry from the SuperSours lineup. I come home and get on my PS4. Then I open the drink and a take a huge sip of it. It had to be the worst thing I ever tasted in my life. Describing how bad it tastes is just not even worth saying. Safe to say I ain't drinking that flavour again.

You shouldn't drink those at all. Two cans is all it takes to risk having a heart attack.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Agreed. Those drinks are garbage. An apple and a cup of coffee is actually way better for you to promote alertness.

I'm gonna agree with you on the fact that energy drinks are horrible, I rarely ever drink coffee but now that you mentioned "an apple and a coffee" I am going to give it a try and see how it works.

The recent snowstorms that pummeled the Detroit area resulted in these couple few:

• On Saturday, while driving to do some entertainment stuff in Detroit, I passed by two different (coincidentally) white cars that were stuck right in the middle of huge snowbanks. The first was on Northline Road west at the closed-for-construction ramp to northbound I-75, the second was on Dix Highway north at the traffic light with Gregory Street in Lincoln Park.
  • Secondly, yesterday, while driving home from grabbing some things at Kroger Marketplace, approaching a residential intersection in the Taylor Park section of Wyandotte, I pulled up to a yield sign just as a city snowplow came by on the cross street and plowed a big snowbank almost right towards my windshield. Had I came by just a second later, the outcome would've been a lot worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is every Starbucks but the one I went to at the 1st Floor of Bankers Hall in Downtown Calgary was giving away toothbrushs to people who ordered small or medium coffees. 

That has got to be one of the strangest promotions I ever seen. Buy a coffee, get a free toothbrush! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

Not sure if this is every Starbucks but the one I went to at the 1st Floor of Bankers Hall in Downtown Calgary was giving away toothbrushs to people who ordered small or medium coffees. 

That has got to be one of the strangest promotions I ever seen. Buy a coffee, get a free toothbrush! 

I'm gonna have to check this out.  I want a free toothbrush.

46 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I got some free toothbrushes at a health fair, still using the last one.

More places should give out toothbrushes !!!  When I lived in Vancouver, there were several dentistry clinics in my neighborhood. One of them, Urban Dental (I think) always had free grab bags and such outside (usually in a box or something) so passersby could help themselves. Sometimes I 'passed by' more than once !!! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Oddly enough I think that we might''ve seen this moment when we ride transit. Alright let me spill the tea on what the hell I saw last night when I was riding Greater Sudbury Transit. So I'm on the Hanmer/Valley/Capreol bus and there was this couple that was literally making out on the bus and I was trying not to look but you always keep your comments to yourself about things like this in public. Honestly this isn't the first time I've seen weird crap while riding a bus. 

There was an "uneventful" incident that took place about two weeks ago.  I kept this under wraps until now.

I was on a Lyft ride from my workplace to the Kennedy subway station (ICYW, Lyft debuted in Canada with Toronto as it's debut city outside of the USA back in December 2017 - and this is to compete with Uber).I was then greeted with a driver with a supposedly 5-star rating. Although my initial pickup went without a hitch, nearly two minutes after I got in - the Lyft driver asks me to deviate from my intended (and requested) destination on the app. That's where the argument started. For the full five minutes, I sternly told him that go to my destination, but he refused.

Later down the road, there was a traffic jam coupled with an accident along the way. Judging by the driver's bossy actions on what he sees up ahead, he prematurely terminates my ride (halfway to my destination). He attempted to drive along the accident scene, nearly hitting one of the cops that were blocking traffic. I was very traumatized on how the Lyft driver treated me but eventually I made it to my destination.

I then decided to hail an Uber from the Kennedy station to the Scarborough Town Centre. This time I got a different reception. I told the Uber driver what had happened with my negative experience with Lyft and he felt sorry on what had happened for me. 

Nearly 24 hours after the Lyft incident, I then reported the matter with Lyft's Critical Response Team (CRT). I would have reported it sooner, but I just had that "constant craving" (k.d. Lang reference, anyone?) to report the matter. As a result on what I had discussed with them, I got not only one ride credit, but two ride credits (totalling about $40CDN - One was $25 by telephoning Lyft's CRT, the other was about $15CDN reporting on their website) for my next Lyft ride.

If it could happen to me on dealing with ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft (and just like that song by Blue Rodeo), "It could happen to you...."