General WTF Moments

Cogeno

They don't display a number, route sign for you kids.

I know most of the busses here have a route number or a sign on it, so I'm a bit surprised

They do, but like I said, there hasn't been a single instance of the newer type of bus being used on my route, so I didn't bother to look. That is partially my fault, but also a really good argument to start setting aside certain spots along the sidewalk in front of the school for specific routes, like at a bus terminal. Standing in one spot would guarantee that you would get on the bus in that location.

A WTF moment with a little bit of FML; but more annoyance:

Around 5:40 pm; less than 10 minutes after I got home from work, a power transformer blew which knocked out power to my house and no more than 5 others on my street for almost 5.5 hours. Yet the streetlights still worked as well as every other house on my street as well as an apartment building nearby still had power.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/04/08/targets-end-in-canada-to-be-marked-with-a-funeral.html?fb_ref=Default

i dont know what else to say, if this isnt a WTF moment i dont know what is....... i had to double check what site i was on, seamed like an article from the onion.... the funniest (And sad) part is, if you read the article, he didnt even shop at target that much...... ill admit i shopped there, i did get some good deals while they were in business here

Major wtf moment:

So yeah, although my neighborhood is government housing, it's actually pretty decent compared to some of the other nightmare places owned by co op/Toronto Community Housing. But last night at around 2 in the morning, a robbery (purse snatch) happened. I was on my balcony and then all of a sudden i hear yelling. I get up to see what's going on and then I see a guy jogging and a woman chasing after him yelling "gimmie back my purse!".I initially thought it was a joke, but then 2 cops cars showed up 5 minutes later....

• 3 weeks later...

"Life hacks" are the strangest things I have ever heard of.

I hate the term in general, because it sounds like some dumb buzzword, but whatever. But what really gets me is that there are so many life hacks out there that don't even fulfill the purpose of a life hack. They don't increase productivity nor are they going to improve your life in any way. I was browsing the internet today and noted the following. These are all real:

"Have a good 20 minute workout in the morning. Then you can be lazy for the rest of the day and you won't feel guilty!"

"Mixing alcohol with diet coke will get you more drunk than mixing it with regular coke."

"Tell people to pick a number between 12 and 5, 95% of people choose 7 (because they automatically subtract it)."

"If you ever get caught sleeping on the job or in school, slowly raise your head and say "In Jesus' name, amen.""

"Today 7-Eleven is giving away free slurpees in honor of 7/11 day!"

"You can turn an old CD spindle into a unique bagel holder."

"Feeling ugly? Go sit in Walmart for 2 hours. You will feel better!"

"Want to park somewhere you're not allowed to park? Keep the envelope from a parking ticket and put it under your windshield wipers."

"Lick your wrist and smell it. This is what your breath smells like to others."

"If there's an annoying customer behind you in the checkout line, you can press all four corners of the credit card machine to have it reset."
"Put that you were Time's 2006 Person of the Year on your resume/CV. In 2006, Time made "Everyone" the person of the year."

283fb29c2eb488f80f4a82cd089aa76e252d9c66

So.....do people actually go through garbages looking for discarded mail, computers and other stuff in attempt to steal your personal info? Or is my mom just being her usual ridiculous, over parinoid self? -_-

So.....do people actually go through garbages looking for discarded mail, computers and other stuff in attempt to steal your personal info? Or is my mom just being her usual ridiculous, over parinoid self? -_-

Well I've gotten plenty of awesome old computers off of the streets or out of the trash because I am simply an electronics collector. It's a hobby. Most of them end up working just fine are need a hard drive and RAM. I never steal data though. I could care less what people have on there computers. Usually it is nothing important if they do have info left on it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yesterday while waiting at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza, some random lady saw me sit down and then she said, "I saw some sign a little while ago that says 'Black Lives Matter.'" I just said, "Yeah..." Even though I am Black, I don't see the need for her to tell me this.

Edited by Detroit Diesel 6V92TA