Transit Windsor

MaT

Hey can someone help me with the pic for 568? I have a pic uploaded already of it(TWIMG 0008.JPG) and it's on 568's own profile page. But it's a lot bigger than the other pics on the wiki(even though it's in line space wise). And can you also put the pic of 568 on the current roster too? I'm just having trouble cuz it's always too big when i do it, so I'll see what changes you made to it to see how to do it right. Thanks.

I have gone in and added the picture to the roster. For future reference, try to name the images more descriptively (in this image's case, it should have been named Transit Windsor 568.jpg).

The reason the picture was too big was because you have to put a pipe in after the file name and then specify the pixel size of the thumbnail you want. For example:

[[image:TWIMG 0008.JPG|128px]]

would give you a 128px thumbnail of the picture where you place that code, and then it can be viewed full size by clicking on the thumbnail. Hope this helps! :lol:

Thanks a lot, that helps bigtime. I named it like that because there was another 0008 on the wiki, and when I tried naming pics different before, it changed something in it and I've actually lost them from renaming them. Pretty stupid really but I didnt want that to happen in this case, or cause a problem for the board somehow.

• Board Admin

When uploading files, you should be presented with Source filename: and Destination filename:.

Ensure the Destination filename follows the Naming Conventions. The source filename will be the name of the file on your computer, but when it gets uploaded to the Wiki, we want it to be identifiable. :lol:

So in summary the Source filename doesn't matter, Destination filename in this instance should be Transit Windsor 568.jpg

Again, when I get some time I'll probably be upgrading the Wiki, and apparently it allows for renaming of images... so don't worry about any images that are improperly named right now, just remember for the future. :)

I already got it down pat ash thanks for the info. I already uploaded a bunch of images to the wiki with the names the right way. I fiddled around a bit with a few of my copys and figured out that you have to put .jpg after you rename an image lol Thats why i lost a few before. So now I got it all figured out and im doing it right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, I did that before but got it all screwed up when I did it cuz I changed just the numbers and not the whole thing. The correct numbers are 703-......701 and 702 went to sarnia, they went straight from SWA to sarnia..they never went into service with TW after they changed from SWA to TW.

• 4 weeks later...

I just added some more info the the wiki last night, like for the leased buses, the manufacturer and model of all the buses. I also added a pic for the Grummans in that section a well. Pending is a pic of the Orion 3 artic bus we had with TW logos and Transit Windsor on the side etc, for the TW wiki. I'm just waiting for Ashton's approval since I cant get a hold of the owner of the picture.

Ok I just added more pics to the TW and SW&A wikis. TWs are 201, 202, 704, 719, 726, 729, and 737. SW&As are 101, 102, 728, 758 and 806. I might be able to add more pics in the SW&A wiki once I talk to Bernie, they would be pics of the old twins, old looks etc. Also I dont know yet on the Orion 3 artic yet if I can put it up yet or not.

Ok, so some people probably saw since last time that I've added the pic of the Orion 3 artic we leased. Tonight I've also added info for 3 of our routes. Hopefully one day they'll look a lot better than just info, with pics, etc. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ashon or anyone else who knows how to do this I need your help. I uploaded 2 pics in the SW&A section but forgot to include where they came from in the details part of them. It's SW&A 310 and 216. Under the details part of them they should say "Taken from http://www.internationalmetropolis.com/".If someone can add that to the info in those pics it would be great.

I also have something else for you guys to change for me after too, but I have to get it together and then ill let you know in another post.

EDIT

BTW I added pics in the SW&A wiki of 216, 310, 339, 351, 355, 258, 509, 603, 604, 608, 710, 723, 724, 747, and 752 and changed/added a little bit of info.

Ok for anyone who can help me out, this is what I need done since I dont kow how to do it without an extension program.

1-I want you to change the info on SW&A 216 and 310 for me. Just include "Taken From http://www.internationalmetropolis.com/" into the summary and thats it.

2-I want you to change the names of some SW&A bus pcis that I added before to include bus like the rest of them. Ex. 101 reads "Sandwich Windsor and Amherstburg 101." I want you to change it to "Sandwich Windsor and Amherstburg bus 101." I want you to add bus in the name of SW&A buses 101, 102, 728, 758, and 806.

I need this done since I am finishing the charts for buses 807 - 822(right now after I type this)), and I did a chart for all the streetcars yesterday, which have a wide range of numbers, some with the same numbers as the buses. I may be adding pictures later on this week or next week of all the streetcars listed pending approval.

• Board Admin

You should have the ability to do #1, just by going to the picture and if there is an "edit" tab at the top. But I added it for you.

Moved the other images for you as well.

Good to know people are willing to permit the use of their photos. <_<

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanna make sure that nobody takes off the route information on the TW wiki since I'm not done modifying the page yet. I dont know if I have that info written down yet(the years) so I dont want anyone to take it down since I'm making a better area for it at the bottom of the wiki page. I took a hint from the YRT page and did one for TW, well something like that anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I took off some of the info at the bottom and added a listing for the route exposures from 404's side destination sign. But I ask that nobody add or take off any exposures to that list as it only lists what was in 404. If it's possible that i get exposure info from a newer bus than 404, then I might replace 404's with those ones.

• 1 year later...

Over the past few weeks I've been working on the TW wiki making some changes for the better(In my opinion). Some examples being I took off the paint scheme row in the main fleet page and only kept it in the individual bus series pages, and kept the same paint job organization with them as I believe David started(a JPEG of the different stripes). And just now I took the 567-569 pages and made them into one page since they all have the same specs and any individual info can be in they're own notes tab. I'm also in the process of making a new Transfers page as I type this. It will be a new page with a hyperlink to it(I hope hyperlink is the right word in looking for lol).

EDIT- I started a page too on the Tunnel bus, did some work on the facilities, changed the routes a bit, making it City routes and the tunnel bus under international travel. I think that's all I worked on so far.

Over the past few weeks I've been working on the TW wiki making some changes for the better(In my opinion). Some examples being I took off the paint scheme row in the main fleet page and only kept it in the individual bus series pages, and kept the same paint job organization with them as I believe David started(a JPEG of the different stripes). And just now I took the 567-569 pages and made them into one page since they all have the same specs and any individual info can be in they're own notes tab. I'm also in the process of making a new Transfers page as I type this. It will be a new page with a hyperlink to it(I hope hyperlink is the right word in looking for lol).

EDIT- I started a page too on the Tunnel bus, did some work on the facilities, changed the routes a bit, making it City routes and the tunnel bus under international travel. I think that's all I worked on so far.

You need to follow the naming conventions for the route

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=C...Bus_Route_pages