If Buses Could Talk?

409 Thornton

ETS 6003 (to a BBC): Hybrids are just like trolleys see, we've both been off the road all summer long.

BBC: But on Tuesday the power will be back on, I'll be out and you'll still be sitting outside Ferrier.

BBC: Eat my dust diesels.

D40LFR: You can't go faster than me, we're supposed to have the same acceleration.

ETS D40LF: What, I can't here you over all this noise.

• 3 weeks later...

PCC 4549: It's always 4500 4500 4500! Why does it always get to go out on more charters than me?

And based on a recent transit related dream:

4549 (again): Why doesn't dream about me taking out several Westboro Baptist Church (Fred Phelps' church) members?

Garage LaSalle's 14-140, 14-147, and 15-029, The Three Rusty Amigos (all Nova Bus Classics) are having a conversation in the garage...

15-029: "Geez, I wish they'd repaint us so we could look as good as Grampa (60-013) does."

14-140: "Agreed. It seems all they care about these days is those stupid Novas."

14-147: "Yeah, tell me about it. Especially those newfangled hybrids. They love to make fun of us."

Suddenly, Nova LFS Hybrid 28-706 parks next to the 3 Classics.

28-706: "Evening, rustbuckets. Have you been retired yet?"

15-029: "Up yours, 28-706."

14-140: "We may be rusty, but at least we don't sound like the Space Shuttle."

14-147: "So do us all a favor and shut up. They'll repaint us... someday. And boy, does it feel great to sound normal."

28-706: *grumbles* "The hell with this, I'm going over to hang out with that sexy 27-5XX over there. Later, rustbuckets."

28-706 leaves in a huff.

14-140: "Now's our chance, guys! Let's get that stupid hybrid!"

The three Classics proceed to shout out every kind of noise-related insult they can think of, much to the chagrin of 28-706. Other Classics can be heard cheering them on.

----------

More hijinks at Garage LaSalle...

Younger Classics: "Tell us the story of how you got retired three times, and lived to tell about it, Gramps!"

60-013: "Aw, come on, kiddies, I've told you that story so many times already..."

Younger Classics: "Pleeeease?"

60-013 *smiling* "Well, all right then. Anything for you kids. It all started several years ago..."

----------

Meanwhile, over at Garage St. Laurent...

2008 Nova LFS 28-027 (currently the STM's newest bus) "Hey, Grandpa, what's the secret to your youth? How do you manage to look so great after all these years?"

1989 MCI Classic 59-016 (currently the STM's oldest bus): *laughs* "I thought you'd never ask, Junior. I just have the mechanics add a little Jack Daniels to my fuel supply every day, and it's done wonders for me. It makes me feel like a young Classic again. When you get to be my age, it'll help you as well. That, and a good tune-up and wash. And it always helps to get a nice long run to keep the old axles in shape as well."

28-027: "So that's how you do it. That's awesome. You're a living legend, Gramps."

59-016: *chuckles* "Thanks, sonny boy. They built me to last."

Other buses, in unison: "Buses come and buses go, but 59-016 goes on forever!"

ETS Historic Buses at Churchill Square:

Brill 148: I'm so jealous. 438 and 202 get to run around, while the rest of us just sit here.

Old Look 432: Yeah. I did ALL the historic tours, until that young whippersnapper 438 got pulled out, and now I spend most of my time just sitting around.

Pullman 113: At least you guys got to run recently. I've been off the road for years now.

Twin 59: Hey, I was going to run, but they couldn't get me to work.

Leyland 5: Well, I can run, but I'm stuck here on display.

Brill 99: I'm just glad to be out of that dirty old garage for once.

Hybrid 6004: At least people care about you guys. No one pays attention to me, and I just got hauled up here becuase I'm not running anyway.

T1s with flat spots - Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

T1s with flat spots running over ties/switches - Ow. OW. OW. Ow. Ow. OW OW OW OW OW.

H5s - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Mini-Squeek)

H4s - (Deep exhale)

NGs - (Looks at the Hybrid Electric sign) OOOOHHH! I'm Pretty Pretty! Shiny Shiny!

8769 [Oldest bus in service, 1987 GM Classic to 9203 [1992 NFI D40]

8769: Hey man, seems you got demoted?

9203: yeah, last run for me was a school one. Sucks.

8769: I've been living the lif lately with a nice charter under my belt and new floor and oh I could go on and on!

9203: grumbles

4117 [1999 Orion VI] to 6118 [2002 NFI D60LF]

4117: i see you have joined the club

6118: SCREW YOU, YOU GET TO BE REBUILT! I JUST GET TO SIT HERE AND ROT!

[both buses were burst into flames recentlly]

A normal day in Oshawa

Starring: 8165, 8154, 8156, 8321 and 8445

Guest Starring: 8174 and GO Transit: 2345

8165: Ah nice cool morning eh 54?

8154: Naw man it makes my joints all stiff?

8156: HA HA! sucks to be you I never get joint pain

8445: okay okay no need to fight about it I'm sure all of us has or will experience joint pain unlike us New Flyers, we will never get joint pain

8321: I beg your friggen pardon? New Flyer sucks expecially when they hog all the 306 and 302 spots me and 8322 get stuck with the 922 and stuff I hate the 922.

8445: hey look! its the new guy get him!

8174: oh not again, no no not in to the Oshawa Bus terminal noooooooooo! stop it stop, squeak, squeak...

2345: HEY! no one picks on the ex phillys until I get here remember

8445: oh sorry boss.

THE END

• 1 month later...

Remaining TTC Classics: We're getting retired now, but our older cousins are still going! Can this be right?

Remaining TTC D40HF's: You said it. We're waaaaaay newer than them Fishies, but we get retired! Can this be right?

:lol:

TTC Rebuilt D40LFs: If you're going to rebuild us, don't give us bikeracks. a) They're rarely used, b ) They cover up all the details.

1996 Orion V's: You said it.

1991 Orion V's, Fishbowls, Classics, D40s: We sure are glad we don't have bike racks!