Golden Arrow Motor Coaches

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Anyone know if this was Golden Arrow's original scheme or maybe a prevost Demo scheme? See Attached Photo. This photo was taken in mid 1995 so since this coach is an H3-45, it was probably pretty much new to Golden Arrow in 1995 at the time of the photo. It was repainted to Golden Arrow's current scheme sometime after the photo was taken. Click on the link to see #242 in the current scheme.

http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/golden/h3...35golden242.jpg

golden242.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if this was Golden Arrow's original scheme or maybe a prevost Demo scheme? See Attached Photo. This photo was taken in mid 1995 so since this coach is an H3-45, it was probably pretty much new to Golden Arrow in 1995 at the time of the photo. It was repainted to Golden Arrow's current scheme sometime after the photo was taken. Click on the link to see #242 in the current scheme.

http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/golden/h3...35golden242.jpg

Thats a pretty cool find! However, the photo that you have taken in 1995 shows a H3-41. It may very well be the same bus as shown below. The 242 you have pictured likely no longer is part of the Golden Arrow fleet, as I haven't seen any H3-41's operated by them within the past few years. The current 242 is a H3-45 of course, as you have pictured.

Probably a Prevost demo scheme, I recall seeing older Golden Arrow units in a cream and green scheme, with silversides of course.

national_122-2.jpg

Thats a pretty cool find! However, the photo that you have taken in 1995 shows a H3-41. It may very well be the same bus as shown below. The 242 you have pictured likely no longer is part of the Golden Arrow fleet, as I haven't seen any H3-41's operated by them within the past few years. The current 242 is a H3-45 of course, as you have pictured.

Probably a Prevost demo scheme, I recall seeing older Golden Arrow units in a cream and green scheme, with silversides of course.

Apparently! Thanks Kevin!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Spotted a DL3 turning from 153 Avenue northbound onto Manning Freeway...don't think it was 247 or 248 as it did not have any text on the rear! I'm pretty sure it had black bumpers too.

243-244 were sold off (I think Alta West has one) so it wasn't a D3.

Keep your eyes peeled, I hope to find out what number it is.

• 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

They picked up 1085 too!

It had a similar scheme to this, but they even tried to emulate the font, and they have "GOLDEN ARROW" in some weird thin blue font, replacing GRAY LINE.

grayline1141r.jpg

The same weird font is on the front of the coach as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went for a ride on 591 today, appears to be ex Perimeter 763 (1998 MCI 102-EL3).

Also spotted 589 and 593 (Perimeter 804, 1999 MCI 102-EL3), both recent (used) acquisitions, each with their own different livery.

GA_589_.jpg

GA_591_S1_.jpg

GA_593_.jpg

They picked up 1085 too!

It had a similar scheme to this, but they even tried to emulate the font, and they have "GOLDEN ARROW" in some weird thin blue font, replacing GRAY LINE.

grayline1141r.jpg

The same weird font is on the front of the coach as well.

I thought a lot of these Setra's were parked due to some mechanical problems?

• Board Admin

Not sure about that, but out of the 8 or so Gray Line West coaches parked out at Ogden Point in Victoria, we didn't see a single Setra.

I wonder if they all got sold, as Brewster has some too.