Scarborough RT

Shaun

9 hours ago, TransitCurling said:

Hmm, I just skimmed through the website and one big thing I'm noticing is that none of the issues seem to be happening in Vancouver, yet they seem to be blaming them on the pure nature of the technology. Is this something that Vancouver has just gotten lucky with, or is Vancouver just doing things better? I'm thinking it must the the latter.

Also, while I know there have been considerable issues with the snow in Vancouver, I can't think of any days in the past few very hot summers (30 degrees plus) that Vancouver has had to slow trains down.

One thing I will note is that I have regularly noticed in Vancouver that parts of the LIM rail are occasionally removed. It seems not to matter operationally, so methinks this must be something to either mitigate some of the issues, or when maintenance was being done to observe. Perhaps this is something T.O. should have done? I really have no idea and I kinda wish there'd be a bit less jargon in some of these reports so that us interested parties can actually understand.

Someone made a comment on the page that they hope Vancouver read the reports. I would assume they would have, but again, our system has been running for a similar length of time, and is much more vast. Why no issues?

* sniffs *

Yep, smells like hubris alright.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 12:44 AM, Novabus photographer said:

Some photos of Lawrence east station now. Fare gates have been removedIMG_3088.thumb.jpeg.d2861d2db4103f34854f0957a3d07ac8.jpegIMG_3089.thumb.jpeg.f102d1a5a0e09af4bff6c3e14bf05d45.jpeg

So you can just walk on inside? I heard the Fare collectors still worked at the station after the derailment as guides and they worked there until the originally planned November 19 closure.

1 hour ago, 5242 said:

So you can just walk on inside? I heard the Fare collectors still worked at the station after the derailment as guides and they worked there until the originally planned November 19 closure.

Pretty sure it's taken through the window.

On 3/21/2024 at 9:24 PM, 5242 said:

I heard the Fare collectors still worked at the station after the derailment as guides and they worked there until the originally planned November 19 closure.

Yes and you could walk thru/into the non fare-paid area. I visited Ellesmere on the last day of the 996 to Ellesmere Station to take some pictures and reload a Presto card. Lawrence East, Ellesmere, Midland, and McCowan closed a month and a bit later in late December, just before the new year.

8 hours ago, TransitFan88 said:

Yes and you could walk thru/into the non fare-paid area. I visited Ellesmere on the last day of the 996 to Ellesmere Station to take some pictures and reload a Presto card. Lawrence East, Ellesmere, Midland, and McCowan closed a month and a bit later in late December, just before the new year.

I went up to scarborough on February 17 of this year and I passed by Ellesmere & Midland, I stopped at STC for a bit to eat some dinner, then went to the station and saw that the stairway up to the platform had been boarded off by wood but there was a hole in it so I could still see a little bit of the platform The Farewell event banner was still up for some reason but at the mall entrance to STC station, it said "This Station is Permanently Closed, then I walked to McCowan, when I got there, The station lights were still on and I shoved my camera against the window and when I got a picture, It looked like I was inside the Station. But at McCowan, I could see McCowan Yard and I saw all the SRT vehicles resting there just waiting for something to happen. I hot some shots of the yard from the walkway to consilium and then I went up bc I was freezing to death. I'll try to provide an update when I visit Scarborough again.