12 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Those are all amazing photos.  Love the 'Angry Lake'.

Thank you, much appreciated :)

• Like 1

These are great photos! Love the bird ones in particular

• Thanks 1

This little fella didn't make it. Maybe fell prey to a predator. Possibly another magpie or a raven. Mom and Dad magpie were perched on the fence cawing loudly mourning their offspring.

Photo2930.jpg

• Sad 2

A few nights ago, a skunk sprayed in my backyard. Even with all of the windows closed in my house, the smell was somehow still able to waft into the house. Absolutely Disgusting!!

Anyways, here is a photo I took from my kitchen of a skunk in my backyard. I took this photo a few years ago.

image.thumb.png.b98fccc6270f65399f06401c357c9069.png

When it comes to wildlife, there is no shortage of it at my house. My house in suburban Ottawa borders the NCC Greenbelt, which means that there is a large forest and a large marsh/wetland behind my house.

Every day, I see tons of wildlife around my house, including: chipmunks, squirrels, whitetail deer, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, and a variety of small and large birds and waterfowl. Surprisingly, these are only a few of the animals that I see on a daily basis.

Amazingly, on a few occasions, I have even seen coyotes, wolves, lynx, and a few black bears in the forest behind my house over the years.

Here is a winter photo from a few years ago looking out into my backyard, taken from my kitchen.

image.thumb.png.ce33b0eb3199dda6c7849b6eab572ece.png

The NCC Greenbelt is a 20,000 hectare area of green space, including farms, forests, and wetlands. It was created in the 1950s to protect the rural land bordering Ottawa from urban sprawl.

Here is some more information about the NCC Greenbelt:

https://ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places/greenbelt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenbelt_(Ottawa)

• Like 1