Gregory

Celebrity Death Thread

Emmy Award-winning actor Robert Guillaume, star of the TV series "Soap", which spun off into "Benson" passed away today from prostate cancer at age 89.

3 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Former Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay was killed today in a plane crash at age 40:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/11/07/roy-halladay-plane-crash/841101001/

It was largely Halladay that really got me into my long-term stint as a baseball follower. I remember going to several games at the Rogers Centre, and Halladay was on the mound the only time the Jays were victorious in my presence. I completely did not expect that he would die this way, by crashing his private plane. So pitiful... the only good thing is that he's retired... otherwise, a legend has vanished and the major leagues will never be the same as back then... :(

• Like 1

Singer/Actress Della Reese ("Touched By An Angel") has died at the age of 86.

Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna has died at the age of 49 after succumbing to cancer.

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn has died at the age of 43 after succumbing to injuries sustained in a car accident.

• Sad 3