Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

2 hours ago, Gregory said:

Actress Liz Sheridan, best known for her role  as Jerry Seinfeld’s mother on ‘Seinfeld’, has died at the age of 93.

Another Seinfeld parent who passed away this month. Estelle Harris who played as Estelle Constanza passed away on April 2nd also at age 93.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, Gregory said:

Actor and comedian Gilbert Gottfried has died at the age of 67 after a long illness.

Saw this tweet here. Didn't think all three passed away in the span of 3 months. 

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, Oc4526 said:

The text is hard to read on mobile 

Here’s a Twitter post

How big the text is? 

And here's the link to Dwayne's 911 Calls footage what is released today:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dwayne-haskins-wife-walking-gas-fatal-accident-911-call-203153577.html

Looked back, saw no mention of this, but Motorweek's Pat Goss passed away back in March:

Saturday afternoon staple for me growing up, a lot of things I learned about cars I learned from him.

• Sad 3

Shireen Abu Akleh, Palestinian-American journalist who worked as a reporter for the Arabic-language channel Al Jazeera for 25 years, and was a household name across the Middle East for her decades of reporting in the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories has been gunned down by Israeli forces  yesterday at age 51 while covering a raid by the Israeli military in Jenin, an Area A city located in the West Bank according to Wikipedia, Associated Press and my today's paper (The Tribune). 

Also  (April 29th-May 4th)  marked the 30th Anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots where 63 people had been killed, 2,383 had been injured, more than 12,000 had been arrested, and estimates of property damage were over $1 billion. Koreatown, situated just to the north of South Central LA, was disproportionately damaged after after a jury acquitted four officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) charged with using excessive force in the arrest and beating of Rodney King. This incident had been videotaped and widely shown in television broadcasts.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:51 AM, 9924 said:

Looked back, saw no mention of this, but Motorweek's Pat Goss passed away back in March:

Saturday afternoon staple for me growing up, a lot of things I learned about cars I learned from him.

According to Wikipedia, he was 80 years old  and after Motorweek posted one of his last  several Goss' Garage segments that were unaired a few weeks ago after his passing on their YouTube channel, John Davis mentioned that they had to retired the segment out of their respect and they were no longer aired on Motorweek from now on.

I already send his condolences to his business including John Davis, PBS, Maryland Public Television, various automotive industry companies over the years from 1981-present, including DieHard Batteries, State Farm Insurance, and WeatherTech. Its current primary underwriters are Lucas Oil, which also owns MAVTV, online auto parts retailer Rock Auto, and online tire retailer Tire Rack.

Gone but not forgotten