Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I noticed she starred in Don't Say A Word which was filmed in T.O.

yup they filmed some scenes in lower bay, in fact if you look close enough on the poster theres a TTC subway car. i saw the movie when it first came out with my school (we sometimes had field trips to see movies) and that was 9 years ago and i still cant get that creepy line her character says "ill never tell" out of my head and now its whole lot creepier

edit: i screwed up on the year of the movie

Early reports indicate Brittany Murphy has died. She was in the movie Clueless, and played Luanne on King of the Hill.

NNOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :);):( I loved that woman!! So cute, and a great actress.

• 2 weeks later...
"The Rev", (short for the "Reverend Tholomew Plague") drummer of Avenged Sevenfold died yesterday. Real name is James Owen Sullivan, ans was 28. COD is unknown currently, but could be from natural causes.

God, that reminds me of when Drowning Pool's lead singer was found dead.

yup they filmed some scenes in lower bay, in fact if you look close enough on the poster theres a TTC subway car. i saw the movie when it first came out with my school (we sometimes had field trips to see movies) and that was 9 years ago and i still cant get that creepy line her character says "ill never tell" out of my head and now its whole lot creepier

edit: i screwed up on the year of the movie

I went to see it in the theatre as well. Fantastic thriller. She was so young at the time.

Erik Gates, who contributed to the popular Discovery Channel show "MythBusters" as its "Amateur Rocket Expert," has died. He made several appearences on the show.

He was 47.

On Sunday, December 20th, Gates was doing electrical work on the roof of a building in Newbury Park, when he fell 30 feet from a skylight.

• 2 weeks later...

I am portuguese originated, and a "hot" Sport Lisboa e Benfica (SLB) fan, and someone that all Benfica world will never forget is Miklos Fehér, born 20th July 1979 in Tatabánya, Hungary, died 25th January 2004, while on the Vitória de Guimarães X Benfica match: on this match, Benfica was on the lead by 1-0, when Miklos has fouled over an opposite side player, and received a yellow card, with a smile stamped on his face.

On the same seconds, he suddently falls backwards, unconcsious. Medics arrived immediately, tried reanimation and took him to the hospital.

At the end of the day, his fate was confirmed: Miklos Fehér died at 24 years, due to a sudden ventricular fibrillation.

This happened because of his hypertrophic cardiomyopathy problem.

Translated article:

"Miklos Fehér, born July 20, 1979 in the city of Tatabánya in Hungary.

He began his career at a team in his hometown, Győr ETO FC, Benfica was the highlight of his career.

He made his debut in the national team of Hungary in October 1998 in the match played against Azerbaijan, and during its passage, he made 7 goals in 25 matches.

Fehér came to Portugal with FC Porto, signed in 1998 but never managed to impose on the team, being loaned to gain experience by going to the Willows.

Had a season average, and was again transferred, this time for Porto, where he had his best season. Where made 26 appearances, scoring 14 goals.

In the 2001-2002 season playing for FCP where he made 3 games and scored 1 goal.

After a misunderstanding of Pinto da Costa with the player's agent, he was tax exempt status of his agent to follow the club.

Fehér refused to cut ties with his agent and left the club as "persona non grata."

In the 2002-2003 season, Fehér came to Benfica, scoring 7 times in 28 games he has done.

The January 25, 2004 he played his last match, this time against Vitória de Guimarães.

Benfica traveled to Guimarães ...

The match was being broadcast live on television and Benfica was on the lead, by 1-0.

Then, a yellow card was shown because Miklos tried to prevent a throw from his opponent.

Fehér received a yellow card, with a smile, and then feeling bad eventually fell back lifeless on the pitch.

He was promptly assisted by medical colleagues and the two teams' medics. Doctors tried to revive him on the same pitch and he was then transported to the hospital.

The whole stadium, as well as tele-viewers realized the gravity of the situation.

At the end of the day it was reported his death: Fehér died from ventricular fibrillation due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He was 24 years."

--------------------------------------

"In memory of him, Benfica removed the number 29 which was used by him, and this number will never be used by a player of Benfica.

He will always be remembered and his death caused a great shock to all Benfica Portuguese and sport in general.

Although Fehér leaving FC Porto as "persona non grata", after his death, Director Reinaldo Telles and FC Porto coach José Mourinho (at the time), paid their respects at the Luz stadium, where his body remained.

So many unforgettable moments ...

Miklós Fehér, you will always be remembered and you will never walk alone.

Peace to your soul."

This is the equipment he last used, recovered after his death, and now displayed on the stadium's team museum:

feherqf5.jpg

The number 29 will NEVER be used by any other player on the team, as the President Luís Filipe Vieira said, after Miklos death.

Pernell Roberts Jr, who played the introspective eldest son of wealthy rancher Ben Cartwright on the hit TV western "Bonanza" and went on to star in medical drama "Trapper John, M.D.," has died. He was 81. Roberts died at his Malibu home on Sunday of pancreatic cancer, said his spokesman, Richard Stone.

Also

James Mitchell, who for nearly three decades played gruff patriarch Palmer Cortland on the ABC soap opera "All My Children," has died, his longtime partner said Sunday night.

Mitchell died Friday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, partner Albert Wolsky said.

• 5 weeks later...

Andrew Koenig son of Walter Koenig (Chekov on Star Trek) and Judy Koenig was found dead in a Vanouver Park a few days ago from an apparent suicide.

VANCOUVER -- The body of missing actor Andrew Koenig was found by friends and family at noon Thursday in Stanley Park.

A group of Koenig’s friends spent the morning scouring the park for any sign of him. Just before noon, a group of friends along with Koenig’s father, Walter, found Koenig’s body just off of the park’s popular Bridle Path. Koenig had been missing since Valentine’s Day.

“Our son took his own life,” a shaken Walter Koenig said at a press conference Thursday.

Andrew Koenig had a long history of depression. The actor’s parents and friends had expressed concern about Andrew, who has not taken anti-depressant medication for more than a year.

During the search for his son, Walter Koenig said he received hundreds of e-mails from people with depression and their friends and family. Koenig and his wife had a message for these people after their son’s death.

“If you know or are one of those people who feel like you can’t handle it any more. If you can learn anything from this, it is that there are people out there who care. You may not think so, and ultimately it may not be enough, but there are people that care. Before you make that final decision, check it out again, talk to somebody,” Koenig said.

“For the families of people suffering from depression, they don’t realize there is help and they need help. Connect with each other if there is something is bothering you because there is love out there. All the people from the police to his friends up here have shown signs of love, which in his pain he didn’t realize was available to him. That’s the hardest part,” added Judy Levitt Koenig as she held her husband’s hand.

Police said they are not disclosing any details about the cause or time of death due to sensitivities around the investigation and out of respect for the family. Foul play is not suspected and weapons were not involved, said Vancouver police Const. Jana McGuinness.

The B.C. Coroners Service said Thursday it is investigating the death.

A prior search of the park on Feb. 23 by police and three different search and rescue teams did not turn up any evidence that Koenig was in the park including the area where Koenig was eventually found.

“This was a path where if you just stepped off of it you would be in a treed area with marshland nearby. He was unseen from the path,” McGuinness said. “ ... Bridle Path is one of 150 miles of trails in this park. It’s a wide open popular trail often used by joggers and walkers and again densely wooded on both sides.”

Koenig, 41, played the character Richard (Boner) Stabone in the 1980s TV series Growing Pains.

He came to Vancouver on Feb. 10 to visit friends and see the city he called home for about three years in the early ‘90s. Koenig was scheduled to return to his Venice, Calif. home on Feb. 16, but never boarded the return flight.

rlindell@vancouversun.com

With files from Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Body+mis...l#ixzz0glUk2JMl

• 2 weeks later...