Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

I must agree with Clayton, it's time to find real heroes and not be dumbasses.

I blame the media for a lot of this. They gave Farrah a bit of lime light but then turned their camera towards MJ. Same in the newspaper, a bit of print about Farrah and about 5-6 pages devoted to MJ. The media is not stupid, they know what sells, and they are in the business to get viewer ratings / sell papers.

Many (not all) people are too lazy to think for themselves and it's just easier to go with the flow - and that's essentially what the media feeds to the public. The media goes nuts, the music industry sees this as an opportunity to make more sales. As a race we are quite gullible and easily brainwashed.

Time to step back, take a good look, and call a spade for what it is...a spade and nothing more.

I must agree with Clayton, it's time to find real heroes and not be dumbasses.

I blame the media for a lot of this. They gave Farrah a bit of lime light but then turned their camera towards MJ. Same in the newspaper, a bit of print about Farrah and about 5-6 pages devoted to MJ. The media is not stupid, they know what sells, and they are in the business to get viewer ratings / sell papers.

Many (not all) people are too lazy to think for themselves and it's just easier to go with the flow - and that's essentially what the media feeds to the public. The media goes nuts, the music industry sees this as an opportunity to make more sales. As a race we are quite gullible and easily brainwashed.

Time to step back, take a good look, and call a spade for what it is...a spade and nothing more.

He was an African-American.

Calling him a spade is very inappropriate.

He was an eccentric pedophile that could dance and sing. End of

story. Had he had a voice like mine, he would be in prison. Probably

would be alive for years to come because there would be no one there

to feed him the drugs he had to have/wanted.

He was what he was. A talented man with serious

perversions. Another icon from my younger years left

us..Farrah....she did her best to further a worthy cause. She barely

gets a notice because this flamboyant perv is sucking the attention

away from her. As a whole we are dumbasses for even giving MJ a second

look. Everyone has Godgiven talents. It's what you do with them that

matters. We all know what he did with his. He used his riches to

create a place where he could prey on young children without

recourse. Or so he thought. Wound up costing him his life. I liked

his music, (some of it) hate the man. I think it's still OK to do

that... People need to find real heroes. People that laid down their

life for them. Not something like this. In 25 years, you will barely

find reference to the perversions that ultimately wound up becoming

thereal face of Michael Jackson. A very troubled, sick, perverted

man. Sad, but true.

agreed.

very well said.

On these statements, you call this guy names but he was never ever convicted of a criminal offence in his life.

1st isue in 93 or 95 when he paid that "RAnsom" it was a civil suit he settled to aparnetly keep it from going on, however he was never actually charged with anything. in 2006 or so when he faced trial, he was found not guilty on all charges.

I personally dont know what the truth is. I dont believe he did anything. what i do believe is he was a big kid at heart and may have just been around situations that made the impression the wrong way. of course when your dealing with someone with the availability of money and popularity, its easier to get a sum of money without having to face them in trial.

MJ did get strange. with these changes to his looks, his marriages etc. but one thing that never changed was he was one hell of a singer and dancer and song writer. Thats what we should be remembering here. Bashing people after their death is extremly rude and inconsiderate and as far as the CPTDB board rules state, are not permitted at all weather the person is alive or dead.just because they are famous doesnt make it permissable.

MJ did get strange. with these changes to his looks, his marriages etc. but one thing that never changed was he was one hell of a singer and dancer and song writer. Thats what we should be remembering here.
MJ had a degenerative skin decease that causes the skin to lose pigmentation. He also had lupus which was in remission. I think that at least some of the differences in his appearance (getting whiter) was due to him trying to compensate for his skin depigmentation.

He was an eccentric pedophile that could dance and sing.

End of story.

He was acquitted.

Call him whatever you want, and it will be an assumption at most. Why? Innocent until proven guilty.

Had he had a voice like mine, he would be in prison.

Again, assumption.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Probably

would be alive for years to come because there would be no one there

to feed him the drugs he had to have/wanted.

It's barely been two days since he died, yet you're quick to jump to conclusions as to what caused his heart failure.

Another icon from my younger years left

us..Farrah....she did her best to further a worthy cause. She barely

gets a notice because this flamboyant perv is sucking the attention

away from her.

No offense to Farrah Fawcett and her fans, but how can you compare the impact that Farah Fawcett had in pop culture to that of Michael Jackson? Michael Jackson was part of many people's childhood. He was among the first truly "universal" stars in the world.

Flamboyant perv? How do you know that? Were you there when the incidents have been alleged to happen?

Innocent until proven guilty. Again, Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges. And I believe that if it really happened, the parents of the kids wouldn't have stopped until he was in prison.

As a whole we are dumbasses for even giving MJ a second

look.

Many people grew up listening to Michael Jackson. The vast majority of pop artists we know today have been influenced by Michael Jackson at least in some way. You simply cannot deny the impact that he has had on the music industry, and it is definitely something that deserves a second look.

Everyone has Godgiven talents. It's what you do with them that

matters.

Everyone has talents, but do they have the relevant type of talent that can make them one of the most influential figures in pop culture, and to the degree that Michael Jackson had?

Pretty pompous of you to say that, really.

We all know what he did with his. He used his riches to

recourse.

Again, how do you know?

Oh right, it's just another assumption of yours.

A very troubled, sick, perverted

man. Sad, but true.

Gee, do you feel better about yourself after saying that?

So much for innocent until proven guilty.

Michael Jackson had his childhood taken away from him at a very early age, and his father had allegedly abused him throughout the early stages of his career. That is what I believe caused him to have a substantial void inside of him that he tried to fill with a very unhealthy lifestyle.

He was acquitted.

Call him whatever you want, and it will be an assumption at most. Why? Innocent until proven guilty.

Great responses HL, i deleted some of mine, however maybe we should talk about why Clayton really isnt driving bus anymore.

Maybe there was some boys involved in that too?? oh wait were just assuming that is why. maybe so or maybe not. Like i said originally in my earlier post, if we say this and blast it in the media about clayton, really this is the end of it. but you start blasting this kind of stuff in the media about someone with the popularity of MJ and unlimited financial fund, and it is run all over hells acres wheter its true or not.

These parents know that they can get a quick easy money fix by going this way. Unfotunatly for the ones in 1995, they thought they would be able to court this whole thing and probably win and then sue for more money. however their boy and them couldnt get their stories straight and repeatedly changed them during the proceedings making it to unbelievable for the jury to convict. The first ones went civil first and got some money becuase they knew it wouldnt want to be gone on forever, however they didnt even go to criminal.

it all comes down to the money. parents mnostly. i hope these parents that push this feel guilty for being a part of MJ's death because i believe this had a lot to do with the emotional side of him and really wore him out. you could tell easily from the court photo's how drained he was over this.

I never liked him period. He had a few good songs, but otherwise I couldn't stand him.

Thank-You for saying that. I was afraid I'd get attacked because that was my opinion. We know it's sad when someone dies but it doesn't mean we have to like the person.

Everyone has Godgiven talents. It's what you do with them that

matters. We all know what he did with his. He used his riches to

recourse.

You must have not done your research. Michael Jackson was a Humanitarian. He donated millions of dollars to various charities and had his own charity called the Heal the World Foundation. He made it into the Guinness World Records in 2000 for the most charities supported by an entertainer or personality. He supported a total of 39 charities.

TV Pitchman King Billy Mays was found dead today in his Tampa Home

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1110ap_u...billy_mays.html

Rip Billy mays

Just read up on that! Holy shiz they are dropping like flies!

The media goes nuts, the music industry sees this as an opportunity to make more sales.

On iTunes most of his song are in the top 50 now.

I don't think you meant in the way I think, but if so that was a little uncalled for.

Like him or not, everyone HAS to look at the facts. Fact is, he forever changed the music industry. Fact is, he was never convicted of child molestation.

My opinion (everyone has a right to one) is the molestation case was just a cash grab since they settled for money. That threw his career and life into the dumpster and he tried making it better with drugs.

Clayton's comment about him and his drug use deeply disturbs me. I hope you don't really think that way about people who are addicted to drugs.

Why do we (society in general) go to such ridiculous lengths to idolize someone after they've just died. What's wrong with idolizing someone while they are still alive to enjoy the attention?

I guess it's all part of the 'circle of life' of the entertainment industry.

i wish the media would back off a bit on MJ coverage now. its tragic event yes, but please i dont want to hear about it every minute, everywhere i turn. the media is disgusting at times.... look at h1n1 they blew that out of proportion and now other the some occasional mentions weve forgoten about it. and the same thing will happen in weeks from now

i wish the media would back off a bit on MJ coverage now. its tragic event yes, but please i dont want to hear about it every minute, everywhere i turn. the media is disgusting at times.... look at h1n1 they blew that out of proportion and now other the some occasional mentions weve forgoten about it. and the same thing will happen in weeks from now

Grieving Jackson Fans 'Commit Suicide:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090629/ten-gr...de-8a3eada.html

This could be a good thing.

There was James Dean.

Kurt Cobain comes to mind as well.

A couple more out of the entertaimnet world that I don't recall being mentioned here ...

Karl Malden at 97 ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8129710.stm

And if anyone is familiar with British Comedies, Mollie Sugden was 86 ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8129617.stm

She will be missed as well as her "pussy" ;)

FORMER NFLER STEVE MCNAIR FOUND DEAD IN NASHVILLE

Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Former Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was found dead Saturday. He was 36.

At a brief press conference Saturday, Nashville police department public affairs manager Don Aaron confirmed McNair's death. He said that McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head, and that a female victim was also found dead at the scene.

“We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," said Titans' owner Bud Adams. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing.”

McNair last played in the NFL in 2007, when he was with the Ravens. The longtime Titans quarterback spent 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise.

Details to follow...