Best way to the EX

busman

Has anyone taken the 193 Exibition Rocket to the CNE? Is it frequent, and how busy/packed is it?

I havent been to the EX in years, but when i use to go, i took the streetcars from Bathurst or the cars from union and both are always over crowded- anytime of the day.

Is the 193 a better alternative?

Has anyone taken the 193 Exibition Rocket to the CNE? Is it frequent, and how busy/packed is it?

I havent been to the EX in years, but when i use to go, i took the streetcars from Bathurst or the cars from union and both are always over crowded- anytime of the day.

In pevious years, they ran 4 buses on the line from Wilson division with 8-10 min headways. And very rarely whenever I saw the buses did they have seated loads let alone standing loads! It is also a NON STOP EXPRESS making no stops between both terminals. I'd say a good alternative to the rt. 29 service if your coming from the west or if you like a seat.

In pevious years, they ran 4 buses on the line from Wilson division with 8-10 min headways. And very rarely whenever I saw the buses did they have seated loads let alone standing loads! It is also a NON STOP EXPRESS making no stops between both terminals. I'd say a good alternative to the rt. 29 service if your coming from the west or if you like a seat.

Agreed, its probably faster than the 29 even if you're coming from the east.

As people have stated, 193 is never packed when going southbound. I rode it twice last year and it only had a max of 10 people when going southbound on a weekday afternoon. Northbound it gets packed some times due to the crowds at Dufferin Loop that grab whatever bus they see, some probably thinking it goes to Dufferin Station. I would definitely recommend 193.

Going northbound the 29 is not a bad choice; last year my bus had me and about 3-4 others (two groups). However it was the local demand along Dufferin that caught us: a 29C leaving after us passed at Queen, and we were crushed by Dundas and even more past Dufferin Stn (we went to Wilson). It's basically a toss-up on how busy you'll get thanks to the local demand and headway control.

SO has anyone been to the EX? How are the crowds at Union, Bathurst and Dundas west stations?

I didn't go on the TTC subway since I live in Ajax, but on the GO train - it was massively packed to the max! As I about to come home on the GO train from the EX, the attendant told the passengers that the eastbound train to Toronto and points east changed from track 4 to track 1. Many people don't get the message, but others (including myself) was able to get the message!

As I began to wait at Pickering, something head for the worse. There was a fight on the 3rd coach and someone has triggered an alarm that alerts the conductor on the 5th train to see what was going on. As a result two guys were fighting (apparently one of them was drunk) and one guy has a bloody nose. Everyone began to witness what was going on and the police along with GO enforcement were alerted and told everyone not to interfere with the operations. The situation lasted for 15 to 20 minutes which generated a huge domino effect of some sort.

This incident, I won't forget for sure.

I went to the EX today, and goign there i was impressed with not only the service, but how fast it was.

I left broadview stn ant 1, and at 1>32 i was on the EXs grounds. I took the 193 from Dundas west. No line ups, we all got seats. Its very convinient for strollers/wheel chairs.

On the way back, we took the streetcars... They were crowded, strollers took forever to load on, and it took 30mins to just get from the EX to Bathurst stn!

If anything, i'd recommend people use the rocket to get to the EX.

Ohh another thing i noticed.. the driver had PAUSED the AA on the ride down. I think that the route isnt programmed so the driver paused it so it doesnt call out all the local stops.

I went to the EX today, and goign there i was impressed with not only the service, but how fast it was.

I left broadview stn ant 1, and at 1>32 i was on the EXs grounds. I took the 193 from Dundas west. No line ups, we all got seats. Its very convinient for strollers/wheel chairs.

On the way back, we took the streetcars... They were crowded, strollers took forever to load on, and it took 30mins to just get from the EX to Bathurst stn!

If anything, i'd recommend people use the rocket to get to the EX.

Ohh another thing i noticed.. the driver had PAUSED the AA on the ride down. I think that the route isnt programmed so the driver paused it so it doesnt call out all the local stops.

Any AVs on 193? A few days ago it was reported to have Newlooks as the majority of the buses.

here are my routes:

1) Ajax GO Train to the EX

or

2) 94 Yorkdale GO bus to Scarborough Centre, then RT to Kennedy. From Kennedy to Bathurst then streetcar 511 to the EX

Any other suggestions, please kindly contribute.

You'll be either standing or sitting while sweatting a a crowded CLRV or ALRV. Better to go to DWS and catch the 193.