"er" Ad Campaign?

Since Sunday morning, I have been noticing numerous ads plastered all over the TTC on subways, buses, and streetcars. The ads only say "er" placed in random spots (there are about 3-4 variations) and there are blue lines in random spots. Does anyone have any idea what could come of these ads, or who is behind them?

There are also other ads that are all over that I cannot figure out for the life of me that seem to be part of a series together. One is for "Scotty Burger" another is for "T-shirts" and another for some barber shop. All of these ads are for fictitious places, and these ones have been boggling me for a while now. Anybody know the deal with these ads?

Since Sunday morning, I have been noticing numerous ads plastered all over the TTC on subways, buses, and streetcars. The ads only say "er" placed in random spots (there are about 3-4 variations) and there are blue lines in random spots. Does anyone have any idea what could come of these ads, or who is behind them?

There are also other ads that are all over that I cannot figure out for the life of me that seem to be part of a series together. One is for "Scotty Burger" another is for "T-shirts" and another for some barber shop. All of these ads are for fictitious places, and these ones have been boggling me for a while now. Anybody know the deal with these ads?

Word on the street says it could be Bell

Ya there here in Durham Region too

Those are the ones with the price "ripped" off right? Next time you see one of those, look next to it. There will be ad for the Chevrolet Cobalt with the price from the the fake ad (always $7) on it. They are advertising the Cobalt with a price of $7/day.

The "er" ad campaign is practically everywhere. At Main Street Station there are eight of them in the stairwell (the one with an escalator) from the mezzanine to the street level, and there are only 2 ad holders. Bloor Station has the ad on it's stair leading up to the mezzanine from the northbound platform. I've seen a couple of buses with these ads also. I first noticed these ads on either Thursday or Friday of last week. I'm just surprised they haven't wrapped a bus, streetcar or train for this campaign yet.

Those are the ones with the price "ripped" off right? Next time you see one of those, look next to it. There will be ad for the Chevrolet Cobalt with the price from the the fake ad (always $7) on it. They are advertising the Cobalt with a price of $7/day.

Yeah, that's the one!

It's all beginning to make sense to me now! I never put two and two together for that one. I feel like I had a blond experience again! :P

About the "ShowSaver." I cannot seem to find anything on the net about it, or anywhere on the Bell site. I already have the ExVu PVR, so I assume I won't be missing much ;)

The Ads are for PORTER AIRLINES and NOT for BELL.

How can anyone even think its for Bell? there no "ER" letters in the work BELL?

I was going off of this post here, and I may have been a bit hasty in my response, assuming it was indeed a Bell ad.

It's for Bell's ShowSaver. I assume it's like a TiVo.

I saw the full ad on board GO Transit train car 2611.

The word ShowSaver has "er" at the end of it, much like Porter Airlines. Now, with not one spec of information available on the net about this "ShowSaver" I am now a bit skeptical that it is a Bell ad.

Well lets see....

I went by the porter offices and saw the exact same adds, with PORTER instead of "ER" on them.

To me, thats good enuff and more accurate for proof then what you and others are saying... smart*ss

^^You can confirm this?

Are you just pulling it out of your arse?

Who really knows... I'm just reporting what I saw yesterday on GO 2611. Maybe it's a collaboration of some sort. I wish I had brought my camera with me. Either way, the ads are very dubious.

BTW, Porter doesn't use the Trebuchet font that's on the "er" ads, they use a font similar to Helvetica. Sorry for questioning you if it actually turns out to be porter, though.

I'm surprised random hooligans haven't written in a Black Sharpie marker the words "****" or "**** ****" or any other vulgarity in front of the "ER" yet. lol

Was this was necessary? I come here for transit discussions - I have the rest of the web to go to if I want vulgarity.

Well lets see....

I went by the porter offices and saw the exact same adds, with PORTER instead of "ER" on them.

To me, thats good enuff and more accurate for proof then what you and others are saying... smart*ss

Lesson of the day!

When you tell people they are wrong, back it up!

Plus, the last time I checked, Porter has no plans for Western expansion anytime soon, and the ads are appearing in Calgary, and Edmonton. How do you explain that?

And one poster made a valid argument about the type of text used. And I agree with him. This is not Porter's style to promote any kind of expansion.

So yeah...

You've pulled it out of your arse, and that will my belief until proven wrong.

And speaking of Porter. I have flown it, and it is a great airline.

We've got what appears to be the same type of add in Montreal.

Except instead of being on the word "er" we have full sentences like:

Se tromper de ligne de métro (Getting on the wrong metro)

Un samedi soir seul (A saturday night alone)

Manqué l'*)^%%&( autobus (missing the &*()(^)& bus)

I must have seen about 10 different varieties and I thought at the beginning that it was for Univesité de Montreal.

Definitely strange. Don't advertising laws prohibit not showing the name of the advertiser?

Was this was necessary? I come here for transit discussions - I have the rest of the web to go to if I want vulgarity.

Hmmm... No offense, but you'd have a heart attack riding any bus here, or walking down the street if that upsets you.

Hmmm... No offense, but you'd have a heart attack riding any bus here, or walking down the street if that upsets you.

I didn't say it upset me - but the point could have been made in another way easily enough, without taking *anything* away from his point. Comparisons to the street are not relevent. Vulgarity on the street fades away the instant it is uttered. Vulgarity in print lasts. It should be saved for when it's needed.

I didn't say it upset me - but the point could have been made in another way easily enough, without taking *anything* away from his point. Comparisons to the street are not relevent. Vulgarity on the street fades away the instant it is uttered. Vulgarity in print lasts. It should be saved for when it's needed.

I'm with David on this one.

It sounded to me like the poster was using those words just for the sake of using those words. Like the time when Bart Simpson kept saying the word "bastard" to describe his uncle then claimed that it was technically the correct word.

Now, if the poster wishes to challenge me on my interpretation of his comments, I will gladly retract mine.

Plus, the last time I checked, Porter has no plans for Western expansion anytime soon, and the ads are appearing in Calgary, and Edmonton. How do you explain that?

You are correct. Porter's Q400s don't even have the range to fly out of City Centre Airport to Calgary or Edmonton non-stop. In fact, even Winnipeg is out of range due to the short runway at City Centre which limits fuel load. Since Porter's business model emphasizes convenience, I highly doubt that they would even offer a one-stop service there, given the fact that they are relatively long sectors where even fast turboprops can't compete with non-stop jet service.