Eglinton Crosstown line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

When do you guys think the line will open? 

I’ll throw in the first optimistic guess and will say May 2024 

It has to be sometime past Jan 2024 based on my internal contacts and scheduling of training ops for it, so you may be correct. GO Transit announced they will make an announcement about it by the end of summer 2023. 10 people per class, 200 ish ops, a class starting every week basically Octoberish 2023 runs well into 2024.

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

That might not be safe, if the TTC chooses not to open it, to save money.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/08/toronto-financial-woes-delay-eglinton-crosstown-lrt-ontario-line-opening/

Uh, BlogTO you are quoting. 

They seem to think that after all levels of govt spending billions building these glorified streetcar lines that the city has any say in whether it will open or not. Who would have thought an lrt line with vehicle frequency of 5 min or less would cost more to run than a bus service that runs on a frequency often exceeding 7 min

All Ford has to do is say "If my line is not in service by X date, I will bring in someone else to operate it like it should happen on day one". This will save TTC tons of money, but it will have a black eye for not operating a major line in Toronto since the day Toronto took full control of all transit systems in the city.

6 hours ago, nfitz said:

I apologize - it's a far easier read than the 192-page report on how the city can deal with the estimated $1.5 billion deficit for 2024.

image.thumb.png.655051c63a535f6d37f736f0e7f24666.png

Thanks for doing the work to find that, I was just dismissing BlogTO because it's  BlogTO.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

All Ford has to do is say "If my line is not in service by X date, I will bring in someone else to operate it like it should happen on day one". This will save TTC tons of money, but it will have a black eye for not operating a major line in Toronto since the day Toronto took full control of all transit systems in the city.

Save someone a ton of money, they'll bring in a contractor that pays their employees $15/hr less. I'm pretty sure there would be a ton of people tripping over each other for the chance for a job that pays $25/hr while the contracting company pockets the difference.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

Exactly. And the union endorsed chow. This will back fire. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

On the bright side, it won’t operate like a freaken ttc streetcar

Haha, LOL, you're delusional. This is Toronto, Canada. The UBER cyclists that ride on the sidewalks are more of a priority than 200 ppl tryiing to get to work/daycare/...

Yes, that Whopper Combo you ordered on UBER eats is more important than 100 commuters. Get off the effin sidewalks morons. I understand that they have a job to do, their jobs are the most important thing in the world to them, since that's what brings them money, eff everybody else. If someone gets hit by them on a delivery driving their 100lb eBike at 30km/h towards a blind corner on a sidewalk, it's not their fault right? If I slap them upside the head for almost running me down in a blind corner on the sidewalk, it would be me who faces criminal charges for slapping them upside the helmet right?

It's literally in the name of the thing you are riding on: "sidewalk". It has instructions on how to use it in the name, i.e. "walk on the side". Bite me, call me racist all you want because that is the default of morons who are challenged even though they have no idea of the history of the people they are calling racist...

Yes, your Kimchi Fries delivery is a priority, nevermind that woman who is just trying to get her kids to daycare in their stroller before she works a 12hr shift in a warehouse.

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

Exactly. And the union endorsed chow. This will back fire. Oh well. 

Maybe she could get the rest of us in on market rents in Ontario Housing properties, but I doubt it would be possible. Jack was great, but at the end of the day they are all crooks looking out for their own best interests.

I'm pretty sure I could qualify for ontario housing right now, even though I earn above average, only if I had connections like Chow and Layton did. They are all liars and cheats looking out for themselves even though they try and make you think that they are looking out for you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Maybe she could get the rest of us in on market rents in Ontario Housing properties, but I doubt it would be possible. Jack was great, but at the end of the day they are all crooks looking out for their own best interests.

I'm pretty sure I could qualify for ontario housing right now, even though I earn above average, only if I had connections like Chow and Layton did. They are all liars and cheats looking out for themselves even though they try and make you think that they are looking out for you

I agree 💯 percent. 

Usually it's a case of voting for the lesser of the two , than It is voting for the best person for the job. 

At end of the day, they're literally career politicans. Chow been in the game since the 80s.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:05 AM, Turtle said:

I don't see any income restrictions in Hazelburn Co-op's info: FAQ | Hazelburn Co-op

Also, according to this article, the Co-op is funded federally, so it is not "Ontario housing" (which these days is Doug's buddies building on the Greenbelt): Did Olivia Chow Really Live In Subsidized Housing As Her Opponents Claim? | HuffPost Politics

Other than that, sure.

• Like 1