Kit Kat

Fredericton Transit update.

132 posts in this topic

Bumping an old thread ... there are only two Classics active according to a fleet list obtained from Fredericton Transit. Only 8941 and 8961 are active. Also the wiki lists 8113 when in fact it is numbered 8121.

Bumping an old thread ... there are only two Classics active according to a fleet list obtained from Fredericton Transit. Only 8941 and 8961 are active. Also the wiki lists 8113 when in fact it is numbered 8121.

Now updated, thanks for passing this along.

Has anyone been to their garage? Where is it located? I'm going with my wife and kids to Saint John to visit her stepfather and going to the Fredericton Transit garage is on my "to-do" list, as well as going back to Saint John Transit and Codiac Transpo to see their new garage. I still have my contact info for the latter two.

Thanks. :)

Has anyone been to their garage? Where is it located? I'm going with my wife and kids to Saint John to visit her stepfather and going to the Fredericton Transit garage is on my "to-do" list, as well as going back to Saint John Transit and Codiac Transpo to see their new garage. I still have my contact info for the latter two.

Thanks. :)

I haven't been to Fredericton since 2000. As far as I know, the address for the garage in Fredericton is 470 St Mary's Street?

That is right.

Please note that the cptdb has a wiki with garage addresses for future reference.

I don't think you need to direct someone to the wiki when they were probably hoping someone in Fredericton (or at least the Maritimes) would chime in.

I wonder about the ridership of this system, actually. Can someone fill me in on that one possibly?

I don't think you need to direct someone to the wiki when they were probably hoping someone in Fredericton (or at least the Maritimes) would chime in.

The wiki has all sorts of info like where to find garages. Members have put lots of time and effort into it. I use the wiki all the time for finding garages. Check it out :)

I wonder about the ridership of this system, actually. Can someone fill me in on that one possibly?

Did you check the City of Fredericton website? Should be very easy to find on there.

The garage isn't hard to find. If you're coming from the Westmorland Bridge, simply turn right past Pizza Hut, and left at the lights. It's on the right hand side on St. Mary's Street about a 3 minute drive up. Large parking lot and fairly new rebuilt garage. You can't miss it. I hail from Fredericton and often still visit. :)

Thanks Kitpu for the useful info. Although I couldn't find it with Google Maps, so at least I know now how to get there. :)

I don't mind the Wiki, but some parts aren't updated...

Then ask to sign up and contribute instead of complaining it's out of date. All the work on the wiki is done by your fellow cptdb members on their own time.

I don't come here that much since all the crap went on in the Quebec section a couple of years ago and with my personal life (work, kids, etc), I don't have time to give my input. Oh, and by the way, I wasn't complaining, it was just an observation.

I don't have time to give my input.

If you have time to criticize then you have time to provide constructive input.

Geez, I didn't know criticizing is the same thing as observing... Thanks for telling me... :rolleyes:

Geez, I didn't know criticizing is the same thing as observing... Thanks for telling me... :rolleyes:

Send me a PM with what needs updating on the wiki... then your observations will be fulfilled.

Let me sleep on it. I'm going to bed, getting up at 4:30 in the morning for work, and I won't be home till 5 PM. Won't be able to touch my PC for the whole evening...

Thanks Kitpu for the useful info. Although I couldn't find it with Google Maps, so at least I know now how to get there. :)

You're very welcome.

If you need any further directional help, please feel free to PM me.

If I'm not mistaken, Fredericton is getting one of the new Nova LFS with no rear window and 4th generation rear end.

Yeah, a friend of mine was saying they're getting a new bus.

Do you know when they're going to receive it? Hopefully for me it will be in by the 1st week of August. That's the week we're visiting my wife's stepfather in Saint John, so it's only an 1h29 drive from his house to the garage. ;)

There was an LFS on the production line when the BHA visited the factory on June 13. I would guess it would be in Fredericton by August.

There was an LFS on the production line when the BHA visited the factory on June 13. I would guess it would be in Fredericton by August.

I'll have to take a road trip to see their new addition.

New member here, living in Fredericton.

As far as I can tell, 8921 is not retired (I was on it within the last month) but it looks like 8961 might be, as I've not seen that bus around in quite some time.

I do have license plates for some of the newer buses (from observing them when they're driving around): I'll post those up in the next little bit if people would like.

New member here, living in Fredericton.

As far as I can tell, 8921 is not retired (I was on it within the last month) but it looks like 8961 might be, as I've not seen that bus around in quite some time.

I do have license plates for some of the newer buses (from observing them when they're driving around): I'll post those up in the next little bit if people would like.

Hey ROSeaboyer. Formerly from Fredericton with frequent visits! Welcome.

As a correction to my last post, 8961 is also active, leaving Fredericton with 3 Classics.

In fact, some of the Classics seem to be a smoother ride than the RTS buses; both of which are only used during rush hour or when another bus breaks down.

Another quick tidbit about Fredericton's RTS buses: in my experience, only 8981 still has the original tape to call a stop; the others were converted to a chain at various points.